Two masks- which would be better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two masks- which would be better?

The haunt season will soon be upon us, and I need to find a good costume to use. I've narrowed it down to two that I'd like, but am not sure which one would be better. I'm going to be a que line/parking lot actor this year, so I'd like a costume that I can move around easily in, perhaps chase people. But I'd also like it to look amazing, and make the guests think "man, that's cool!". That being the case, I'm unable to decide between these two.
    great wolf.jpgka beast.jpg
    The smaller one would allow me to run and move around better, but the second one just looks freaking awesome, and I think the customers would like it. I haven't been a que line actor before, so I don't know which one would ultimately be the better choice. Which one would serve my purpose better? Should I use sheer shock value, or go for a costume that allows more mobility?

If you plan on having any acting lines, The second, larger mask covers too much of your mouth. And they will have a hard time hearing you. That will frustrate you and leave them curious, not scared. But it does look pretty cool.

The first mask looks like it has one of those movable jaws, those can be kind of fun.

Here is how I would choose, which mask can you make a better, more detailed costume for. That is how I would choose. You have to overwhelm them with detail and an amazing costume when your that close to customers for a long time. Also, it helps to be in a costume that can utilize talking roles. In my opinion the best scares from que lines and roaming come from speaking, not surprises.

Comment

The first one. Both are made by Zagone studios.
      The second one is much more expensive, but that is not the reason I said go with the first one. From behind the second one looks like a ball sack. It looks so much like a ball sack from behind that you will get called this several times a night. The mask used to be used at a park I worked at, they stopped using it when people asked where the ball sack monster was.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Allen...that is absolutely hilarious

Comment

I was gonna say the second one because it looks really different. Whatever that thing is, it's not something you'd expect to see. People know what werewolves are. Guess it depends on how well you take teasing. I suppose you could always cover it with a hood or something. :lol:
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

The second one is way better then the first but if it looks form behind as Allen says its does I would either use a hood or go with the werewolf you def dont wanna be that "Ballsack" monster haha
            Senior Operator of Forest Of Fear at The Utica Zoo
            Visions Of Fear Productions

Comment

Originally posted by CNY HAUNTER View Post
              The second one is way better then the first but if it looks form behind as Allen says its does I would either use a hood or go with the werewolf you def dont wanna be that "Ballsack" monster haha
              I never thought I would see the day when the term "ball sack monster" would enter the English vernacular.

Originally posted by Katie Mechenbier View Post
              I was gonna say the second one because it looks really different. Whatever that thing is, it's not something you'd expect to see. People know what werewolves are. Guess it depends on how well you take teasing. I suppose you could always cover it with a hood or something. :lol:
              Or, dress it up with a pimpadelic lounge lizard leisure suit, and apply a principle from Allen's String Theory exercise. "Hello, Ladies!"

C.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, but in the end I decided to go with the smaller mask. As of now, I'm alternating between it and the mask I used last year (pictured in my profile), so that I can switch acts depending on how I'm feeling each night.

Comment

can never go wrong with zagone stuff
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blood...32305403537000

Comment

Permanent image of a ball sack

I looked at the second mask again. And Again. I now cannot get the phrase "ball sack monster" out of my head. Wow.
                    Travis "Big T" Russell
                    President
                    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
                    X