HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Tear Down Haunts

1. Smile Tear Down Haunts 
    Ive been in the haunt industry for 10 years now and let me tell you, setting up haunts in 1 month and then taking them down in the matter of 2 weeks is really difficult!
    I just wanted to post this thread and give everyone who has/ works at a tear down haunt a round of applause!

Everyone have a great season!

Scare ya later

2. Default  
    Mesa, AZ
    In the middle of doing it right now and it is grueling. I would so love to get a permanent location.

3. Default  
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Until we purchase a permanent building, we only have 2 weeks to set up and 5 days to tear down.:twisted:

4. Default Crazy time about to start 
    Bowie, MD
    We are allowed to start at our location on the 1st of Sept and work day and night to put on the show that we put on. We have recieved high ratings from a group called Baltimore Scare Crew that go up and down the east coast rating haunts. Not only does it take us a month to build but it only takes us a week to tear down and pack up 8 trailers. Good luck to all of you guys this haunt year.

5. Default  
    Try one and a half days to build up and one night to tear down.

6. Default  
    Until we got out location and even the first two years there was 3 months build and 3 to 4 weeks tear down, the only good thing was that every year was totally different

7. Default  
    Fall River, Nova Scotia
    One week to set up and one week to tear down. Yesterday was a full day, 4 of us, unpacking and repacking everything into bins per room. Long day, but so much fun!!

8. Default  
    Clinton Twp, Michigan
    How about finding a new location, building a 30,000 sq ft. detailed haunt in 3 weeks and tearing down and packing into trailers in 2 days. Happened to me in 2001 after we lost the use of our building 3 weeks before opening. Thankfully we had about 35 people helping. That sucked!

This is my last year after 26 years in the business. All of those years it was a tear down situation until 2003. It's just what you have to go through if you want to be a haunted attraction owner, unless you are lucky enough, and have enough money to find a long term building right off the bat. Call it growing pains on the way to achieving your ultimate goals!

But if I were to ever open again, I would never do a tear down haunt under any circumstance. Just too hard, tearing down after the long stressful season. Permanent building or nothing!

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction (The Final Chapter)

9. Default  
    Bluff City, TN
    We do it circus / carnival style for sure don't we ? ;D

It is really difficult, one day I do hope to have a permanent location..it would be great to build all year long..instead just a few weeks.

Thread Information