Laser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser

Looking at doing a swamp theme across a hotel inground pool to make it look like a swamp that they walk into. Seeing if anyone knows about what type of laser would work for this? Or how strong of a laser it would have to be? We are having green lighting in the pool area to have it like a jungle/ swamp.

Kyle Guillette
    Kyle Guillette
    Dysfunctional Concepts-Haunted Alaskan Motel

Originally posted by hauntman666 View Post
    Looking at doing a swamp theme across a hotel inground pool to make it look like a swamp that they walk into. Seeing if anyone knows about what type of laser would work for this? Or how strong of a laser it would have to be? We are having green lighting in the pool area to have it like a jungle/ swamp.
    Swamp "theme" or swamp "set"? Is this for one room, or is the whole haunt like this?

C.

Comment

look for one with a "liquid sky" effect. American DJ has one for about $400 that is pretty nice. Make sure you read up on laser wattages and their requirements before you purchase.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Our haunt is in an old motel. We are just planning on using the pool part for a swamp theme. We just want the laser to go across the pool, because we are having the customers walking down into the pool and want to make it look like they are walking into a swamp where they're not sure what they are walking into. We have lighted steps for going down into it, but want to cut off the fog at the top of the pool.
        Kyle Guillette

Comment

Were having green lighting in the room so would something like this work? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TH6XL8/..._df_B001TH6XL8
          Kyle Guillette

Comment

Originally posted by hauntman666 View Post
            Our haunt is in an old motel. We are just planning on using the pool part for a swamp theme. We just want the laser to go across the pool, because we are having the customers walking down into the pool and want to make it look like they are walking into a swamp where they're not sure what they are walking into. We have lighted steps for going down into it, but want to cut off the fog at the top of the pool.
            Ah, well, I think Allen does a similar effect in one of his rooms, and has talked about it before in his works. I would just go with his recommendation.

C.

Comment

We sell both x-laser and American DJ lasers. Contact us if you need anything!

I would probably recommend the Galaxian Sky: http://www.americandj.com/ProductDet...temNumber=1856

Or you could look at all of their lasers: http://www.americandj.com/ProductsLi...ategory=Lasers

X-laser: x-laser.com

P.S. - Kyle we can beat that price from Amazon.

Best,
              Bill Rod
              www.darktecheffects.com
              Last edited by beardedbil; 08-30-2012, 09:47 AM.
              Bill Rod.
              Dark Tech Effects
              Automated DMX Lighting
              Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Kyle- YES! thats it go with Bill though as he is awesome and a forum supporter. You may also need more than one to cover the whole area. look at placement and the angle of spread coming out from the laser that will tell you how wide it will get depending on how far out you are.
                Allen H

Bill I may hit you up for a blue fan laser soon!
                www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Hey Allen,
                  Sounds great. We always enjoy reading all your posts and can't wait to work with you!

Best,
                  Bill Rod.
                  Bill Rod.
                  Dark Tech Effects
                  Automated DMX Lighting
                  Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                    You may also need more than one to cover the whole area. look at placement and the angle of spread coming out from the laser that will tell you how wide it will get depending on how far out you are.
                    Does someone walking in front of the laser and thus temporarily shorting out the effect, so to speak, present a problem, or does more than one laser cover that?

C.

Comment

Front and Center!

If the laser is placed in front of the guests, the only part blocked will be a small area behind them. As they are looking forward I would imagine they would not see that happening, depending on your grouping. You can circumvent that by surrounding lasers. I did a similar efffect using lasers for a sky with clouds, and lifted an actor through the "ceiling." we used mirrors in this case to project the laser beam completely around the room (these were Argon lasers, so a bit too big to put everywhere). Cool idea. I have always loved that effect!
                      Travis "Big T" Russell
                      President
                      Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies. Going to go with Bill on the lasers. Definitely hope everything works good will post pictures when we get it set up.

Kyle Guillette
                        Kyle Guillette

Comment

Working...
                        X