Where can I get some pallets free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get some pallets free?

We're looking to get a few more wall panels this year without having to do a proper build out, and I was thinking that two pallets end on end bolted together with two 8' 2x4's on each side would be a quick and easy solution, and look really cool for one or two scenes.

Any idea where I can score some cheap or preferably free pallets?

C.

Hey Chris, CRAIGSLIST is a haunters best friend!! Just make a post saying youre a haunted house and need a couple pallets and you will have people begging you to haul them away lol. Also, check out your local super centers, just ask the manager if you can have any old pallets they have, and you will be their new best friend

Comment

Just go by warehouses late at night and they will set them by the dumpster or by the dock. I do that with my pallets and so do my neighbors and they are all gone in a few days unless they are jacked up. Been like that with every warehouse I ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post
        Hey Chris, CRAIGSLIST is a haunters best friend!! Just make a post saying youre a haunted house and need a couple pallets and you will have people begging you to haul them away lol. Also, check out your local super centers, just ask the manager if you can have any old pallets they have, and you will be their new best friend
        Originally posted by tonguesandwich View Post
        Just go by warehouses late at night and they will set them by the dumpster or by the dock. I do that with my pallets and so do my neighbors and they are all gone in a few days unless they are jacked up. Been like that with every warehouse I ever had.
        Excellent leads so far! Yeah, I've been trolling CL but having' gotten any responses yet. I'll probably need to post an ad as well as responding to others. I'll also definitely scope out the warehouse thing.

Okay, same subject, but without starting a new thread . . . .

PLYWOOD?

C.

(Oh, and clear plastic, too.)
        Last edited by BrotherMysterio; 08-31-2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

plywood you really should buy...lol. but just get the cheapest 4x8 crap you can find if you're really tight on a budget. luan isn't half bad. just don't let your actors destroy the walls too much ;P

Comment

I lucked out and have a door manufacturer 10 miles away. Lots of pallets that are 6'8" in height. Tall enough to stand them on end for a wall and be done. No double stacking. I will never mess with a square pallet again.

Best thing is to just drive through industrial areas that are close to you. Most small size business tend to get rid of them. Just stop and ask and you will get covered up quicker than craigslist. The really large manufacturers will most likely reuse their pallets due to their overall volume. They are usually stacked up just so perfect and sometimes painted blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy Works View Post
              I lucked out and have a door manufacturer 10 miles away. ...

Same here, we have a big fabric supply store we can jog over to, and we asked them for a few pallets, thinking they could spare half a dozen or so. We got so many we ended up with fire wood for two years They reuse them now(they mentioned costs this year when we asked), but it never hurts to ask!

I spent time every day on craigslist, looking for free stuff. I went three or four months without seeing a thing, but then a company bought the storage warehouse for a dinner theatre and offered everything to whoever could haul it. we got lumber, old stage flooring(STURDY plywood), all kinds of props... If you keep at it, searching craigslist will get you truckloads of free stuff. Definitely the best resource to date.

Comment

Working...
              X