Did anyone see this... yet another new haunted house show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone see this... yet another new haunted house show

Did anyone catch yet another show to offer our industry... check out the website. I think we are getting a bit crowded with shows! LOL

http://www.halloweenextreme.com/
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I think I have more respect for it already than some of the other shows out there!!

Why? Transworld is awesome and I would love to go, scratch that, I may have loved to go a few years ago! Now I want to go only because I've never been, but I've seen nothing but unsettling news from it and hear that it's just the same old stuff every year and then there's always the "transworld order drama" that goes on.

I hope that with Ben Armstrong's experience and reputation, along with the other producers of the event, that it doesn't become an ego thing and surrounding haunts don't charge $2309485749086729035486.81 to tour their shows if they open up for the show. That and Florida is so much more fun and safe than St Louis. It's a little farther away for me, but I'd be willing to pitch the extra few bucks to go to Florida.

I planned on going to transworld in 2013, but I may very well go to this one instead! I'll stay reserved until I see the vendor list and see more news posts, but I am thrilled for something new that is professional and on a grand scale that may actually be worth staying for 2-3 days other than transworld. Best of luck to the producers and I really hope to see some great things coming from this!

Comment

Bobby,

You might be going overboard. This show will of course be about ego why would there even be a new show when transworld is enough the vendors that go there can barely supply demand now they want to
      vend at a show in may?

Anyone who ops for this new shoe over the real Transworld in march us making a mistake, plus Orlando is no safer than St Louis have you been mugged there or something? Lol

DA

Comment

Have I just become a "Stay-At-Home"?

No. I have been trying to figure out how to jack up and lift my house, put wheels under it and take it down the road to a convention???
        Maybe the techical problem's solution will come to me in a "Dream"? (But I scarecly sleep at all anymore.) So "Nix" that.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

You're a Senior member on this message board and have NEVER been to the Transworld Show?

Comment

I'm a 20 year old full time college student, have a full time job, own a DJ company and do haunts every October and just built an entire scream park to open for this year. I never have time to go to a how more than 100 miles from home haha I went to NHC this past year and it was my first convention and wasn't overly impressed hahaha.

And I don't think so DA, I know we haven't agreed in the past, mainly because you're known for being the least mentally stable person here lol (no offense), but in all seriousness, this industry needs something new run by new people who are more closely connected to actual haunters, not just in it for the money behind producing a show. This is supposedly a new way of producing a show, they're gearing it towards EVERYONE! Home haunters, pro haunter, Halloween store owners, and hobbyists alike! I really have high expectations for it lol (no pressure Ben!)

I am looking forward to possibly being there! Hell, I almost want to invest on getting my friends company (he's starting to branch into larger production but doesn't have the funds) donut may be worth it with such low booth prices!

Comment

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post
              I'm a 20 year old full time college student, have a full time job, own a DJ company and do haunts every October and just built an entire scream park to open for this year. I never have time to go to a how more than 100 miles from home haha I went to NHC this past year and it was my first convention and wasn't overly impressed hahaha.

And I don't think so DA, I know we haven't agreed in the past, mainly because you're known for being the least mentally stable person here lol (no offense), but in all seriousness, this industry needs something new run by new people who are more closely connected to actual haunters, not just in it for the money behind producing a show. This is supposedly a new way of producing a show, they're gearing it towards EVERYONE! Home haunters, pro haunter, Halloween store owners, and hobbyists alike! I really have high expectations for it lol (no pressure Ben!)

I am looking forward to possibly being there! Hell, I almost want to invest on getting my friends company (he's starting to branch into larger production but doesn't have the funds) donut may be worth it with such low booth prices!

What a cocky, smug, smart ass comment that was. I'm mentally unstable why? Because I disagree with YOU? You haven't even been to transworld your opinion of it means NOTHING and you can't criticize Larry charging high prices for tickets to his haunts if you've never once paid for an admission. That is who you are referring to.

DA

Comment

Originally posted by casketvamp2 View Post
                You're a Senior member on this message board and have NEVER been to the Transworld Show?
                Exactly! That's why this board is long dead of the real talent in the haunt industry they left year's ago save a few.

DA

Comment

I love to mess with you DA, your anger at everyone, be it me, the admins or new guys, always amuses me and so many others lol, I cant take you seriously.

And I'm referring to over 3 Tours. (trust me, I've done my research).

As for talent, look at all the build threads, they're incredible and very talented! Shame on you good sir (yes the angel is a sir).

Now to accuse me of ignorance because I haven't attended transworld is also a joke. I've spent years of my life and hours every day either reading, writing, researching, practicing all the different aspects of the industry, you don't become an expert by attending transworld, people go there to learn the industry, buy, sell, and network, it's become more of a tradition than a business trip for many and it excludes a lot of people, I thoroughly love the humbleness of this new show and I really wish it success. I'll be at one of them this year for sure and I hope both go well! But I do think the way this new show is being presented is better than what the current tw show is doing. I hope it's all true

Comment

Selling?

I seen your post that your selling the scream park you built prior to you even opening up, why? I seen you put down do to a family emergency. Why would you put all that time in building and this is even your first season and you sell before you even open your doors for one day. If you love this industry why would you sell your first haunt before you open the doors? You get on here and bash people and talk like your a vet but did not open your beloved scream park after you put all that time and money in it just to walk away over a ''emergency''. Your the one that sounds mentally unstable if you ask me.

Comment

Lets keep it civil guys, we all love haunting.
                      Senior member of the board means you have time and desire to be online and on the board, thats all. Having a different view point does not mean you are unstable, however IF you know you often have a different view point then it would be wise to have a thick skin to go along with it. The personal stab never needed to be thrown and could have been laughed off easily.
                      Im really unthrilled with the timing of the show. It is one week before west coast haunters and two weeks before MHC. I also dont think the general public will want to buy large animations, but they will want the cool catalogs. I dont think the clientele will support haunt vendors. I do however love seeing small vendors with innovative new products.
                      I wonder the real reasoning behind the show. Is it to have a show that a Haunt can bring all of its staff to? I hate that it is in Orlando would you rater go to a haunt class or spend an extra hour at Universal of Disney?
                      I hope it does well, I wish I had the time to go and see it.
                      Allen H
                      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Couple things...

First off DA what we charged to tour our haunts has nothing to do with this new show nothing at all. And really even though it has NOTHING to do with it and I shouldnt have to explain myself 50 times but ... look at these legendary haunt tours they cost like $250 bucks. One of the first tours was done into Wisconsin or something and it was about $200 plus dollars. I'm tell you this ANY haunt out there that has to go through everything all the stress, spend all that money trying to get your haunt ready to go months and months and months before the halloween season deserves credit. I know what its like so all those guys that keep opening their doors kudos to you guys. I know one thing my bank account is flat BROKE and in large because of all the money we spent prior to Transworld on opening the haunts. I know all these guys who do this stuff spend everything they have to give fellow haunters a good show.

I wonder what haunts will open for this show in Orlando as I don't really know of any there... so that will be interesting. Me personally I think there are too many shows now this is getting out of hand. There is only so much time in a day! Gosh!

I hope the ones that go forward are different, exciting and successful! But if we get too many more of these events, shows and what not I fear many will start to fail.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                          Couple things...

First off DA what we charged to tour our haunts has nothing to do with this new show nothing at all. And really even though it has NOTHING to do with it and I shouldnt have to explain myself 50 times but ... look at these legendary haunt tours they cost like $250 bucks.

Larry
                          Larry I was actually defending you on that post. The college kid insinuated that you charge way too much for your tours and was critical of Transworld but has never even been to either so his point, although to him seems entitled really has no merit.

DA
                          Last edited by Darkangel; 09-05-2012, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by son-of-sam View Post
                            I seen your post that your selling the scream park you built prior to you even opening up, why? I seen you put down do to a family emergency. Why would you put all that time in building and this is even your first season and you sell before you even open your doors for one day. If you love this industry why would you sell your first haunt before you open the doors? You get on here and bash people and talk like your a vet but did not open your beloved scream park after you put all that time and money in it just to walk away over a ''emergency''. Your the one that sounds mentally unstable if you ask me.
                            Well said Son of Sam Thank you!

DA
                            Last edited by Darkangel; 09-05-2012, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post
                              And I don't think so DA, I know we haven't agreed in the past, mainly because you're known for being the least mentally stable person here lol (no offense). !
                              This may be the most ridiculous thing I've read this year on here.
                              Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                              X