Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about wall materials and fireproofing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about wall materials and fireproofing?

We are now designing our room for 2007 thanks to the building inspector. Does anybody have any advice on building walls? We were planning on building a modular wall system out of two by fours and plywood. Is this the general process for a haunt that must be disasembled and stored? What size plywood would be appropriate? 1/2", 3/8"? Could we get by with 2x2's instead of 2x4's? Does it matter in regards to code?
    Also we were told to fireproof everything. Is this a special paint or just an additive? Does anyone have source for the fireproofing material? Any advice would be appreciated.
    My Daddy always told me... Never eat red snow!

We build all our walls out of 2x4's and 1/2" plywood, sometimes double sheeted. This is because our customers like to go through them. If we built it with the 2x2 oe 2x3 and 1/4" luan plans that some people use, our haunt would fall apart in about an hour. We have about 1100 walls built like this and they take up about 7 semi trucks, along with the other 8 full of props. All we are required to do is spray everything down if fire proofing liquid, no special paints or anything, but it all depends on where you are and who is inspecting you. Everyone seems to have to do something diffrent to satisfy their inspector.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

There is fire retardant spray you can get. I have fibre glass walls which are specially made panels and assemble quickly and can be used time and time again. Until the fire regulations change and what was once safe isn't due to another report. Check your area as it varies!

Use this for fabrics and ones with wallpaper

www.finivlam.nl/international.htm
      http://www.construction-guide.com/Fi...FSZNQgodpk9_7g

Comment

Check out N.Y. fire shield or Oak Island Entertainment group for the spray on stuff, works great!
        Heartstoppers
        Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
        www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

http://www.paleeye.com/product_info....fcb0bffd99cc40
          Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

Good website provided - Love the large costumes - I am always on the prowl for unusual goodies and it is difficult to source things from here.

X

Comment

On the topic of building walls, does anyone have any pics or building plans for walls. Looking for a good design to use. Thanks for any information.
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Hmmm,

My neck hurts!
                Dr. Spooky Pants

Comment

Your neck wouldn't hurt if it wsn't for your tatoo of the old "Cut -on-the-dotted-line" logo.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                  X