Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father Suing Six Flags For Halloween Character Scaring Daughter From Portable Toilet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father Suing Six Flags For Halloween Character Scaring Daughter From Portable Toilet

A father is suing Six Flags Great America for his daughters injuries she obtained when a scare actor at their annual Halloween event “Fright Fest” jumped out of a port-a-potty scaring her. Read Full Story - http://hdigest.me/hvtrw
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

I had a co-worker lose his job at a haunt in 2009 for scaring a 10-year-old even though it was made clear that the attraction was not for children under 12. The mother insisted that the child could handle it but complained to several managers when the kid started crying because they got scared. He told me that they said it was either fire him or they would be sued so he was let go.

What did he do that was so terrifying? He jumped out at another member of the family and it startled the 10-year-old. He wasn't even targeting the kid.

*sigh*
    http://www.bigscaryshow.com
    http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

I'm sorry Badger, but it sounds like the owner of that attraction has no balls. Really? Fire an actor for scaring someone? Shame on him! You need to back your actors unless they are way out of control. A judge would absolutely throw a frivolous case like that right out of his courtroom!
      1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Im with Howie! To fricken bad she got scared. Thats what they are there for. Thats what they purchased!

Give me a Break!

Stew

Comment

Screw six flags everywhere

$25.00 to park.. TO PARK !!!!!!! I hope they get (the girl and her family) what they deserve in their cash settlement. This is a FAMILY-THEMED event, right ???? The park here in jersey is a total loser property and their halloween show sucks. Their admission prices are a total ripoff even WITH a coupon. They will never ever get a dime of my hard earned money again............. I will support the MOM and POP owned attractions in my area and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by john haines View Post
            $25.00 to park.. TO PARK !!!!!!! I hope they get (the girl and her family) what they deserve in their cash settlement. This is a FAMILY-THEMED event, right ???? The park here in jersey is a total loser property and their halloween show sucks. Their admission prices are a total ripoff even WITH a coupon. They will never ever get a dime of my hard earned money again............. I will support the MOM and POP owned attractions in my area and beyond.
            Well, that and the fact that, in my book, the port-a-potties are off limits. If I want to "get scared", I'll get in line at one of the attractions. If I want to take a crap, I go to a port-a-potty.

C.

Comment

Are you freakin' kiddin' me?

Hows that Dire Straits song go..."MONEY FOR NOTHING"! While that type of scare wouldn't happen in my park I can see it being "part of the park's scare" while patrons are wandering around. As long as actors aren't "scaring" people while using the porta-pots I really don't see anything overly wrong here. "Cash settlement"? Bullshit! The judge should award them a box of band aids & a roll of toilet paper and tell them to stay the freak out of haunts if they're too immature to handle themselves. Tired of all these "they've got insurance or they've got money" grabbers. People have to start taking responsibility for themselves and stop looking for the EZ moneygrab! "nuff said"!

P.
              Jim Pashley
              The FEAR FACTORY
              www.thefearfactorynj.com
              855-NJ HAUNT
              sigpic
              "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

Comment

I saw that last week... its an outrage! I will tell you guys people will file lawsuits and press them hard even though you've done nothing wrong. The best thing to do is to fight them tooth and nail! Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Amen brother!
                  1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Porta-a-Potty's scare me!

Wow .... suing because the little girl got scared. Doesn't surprise me though. When we sold my Mom's house, we hired one of those Estate Sale people to get rid of all the furniture and stuff. She warned us not to be at the house during the sale and not to respond to any claims from attendees. Sure enough we got sued by some idiot who was going around to estate sales and "falling" in the house. The estate people knew who the woman was and had encountered her before. They handled everything thank God and the insurance company sent her packing - but the thought still pisses me off.

A port-a-potty scare? I have been in some scary porta-a-potties in my time let me tell you, but I would never think about using one as a scare. Maybe a bad gag with someone I knew really well, but not a scare. Unless it was inside an attraction where it would be expected. Still does not warrant a lawsuit though.
                    Travis "Big T" Russell
                    President
                    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

the guy does his job and gets fired...if anyone should sue he should sue his spineless boss
                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blood...32305403537000

Comment

Originally posted by hacksaw the clown View Post
                        the guy does his job and gets fired...if anyone should sue he should sue his spineless boss
                        Word. And them some.

C.

Comment

Working...
                        X