Here is a funny one for ya...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a funny one for ya...

Some producer who produced like paranormal activity and stuff is opening his own haunted house in LA... they call me and want FREE stories about their haunt on Hauntworld just because he's some producer. I told them listen I'm not doing no free stories on your place when I have like 500 paying advertisers on our website and you are not one... he got pissed off!

They think because they are from Hollywood we should bend over backwards and give these guys the red carpet treatment... like their haunt is better than anyone elses. Then the guy goes on to say so you don't want to do a story on this haunt the guys movies have grossed x millions of dollars... and I'm like NO! He wanted on our site for free, wanted free stories just because they produced a movie.

I guess everyone in Hollywood wants everything for nothing, they are more important than the other haunts in their same city... give me a break!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I saw this a while back. It's the guys who produced Paranormal Activity. *yawn* What's with Hollywood trying to get into haunting all of a sudden? First, Eli Roth now these guys. Didn't Ron Howard's company tank with Universal's Chamber of Chill's back in the day?
    Lee D. Sanders

Comment

Ron Howard.....need you say more?

Can anything Ron Howard does actually be a success? Lol! :P

Comment

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post
        Ron Howard.....need you say more?

Can anything Ron Howard does actually be a success? Lol! :P
        The Davinci code and Angels and Demons to name 2 that were very successful.

Jake

Comment

*making a simpsons reference.....NOT actually trying to talk about Ron Howard lol.

Comment

Seems every year a few people who have a background in scary things starts a haunt. Then they realize that it ain't as easy as they thought.
            Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Nice job telling him "No". In the interest of fairness that is the right thing to do. He probably had enough money to buy a story from you.

Did you mention your contest to him? He could have gotten that free story then.
              Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
              X