No announcement yet.

is your house security ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just being facetious about the tazer idea. Sorry. Jim is a bad influence on me. :twisted:
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Comment

In the floor plan we have at least two full length corridors. Our one pro EMS was able to get to the first room in 7 seconds from the back of the haunt to aid respiratory arrests and hyper ventilations. He found out about it by radios all throught the haunt on older actors.

I like Rachel's the police car or the hearse. In our case, I'm the roving guy that designed the haunt and know how to get all around unseen and know where the radio guys are. I spend most of the time at the front standing next to the hearse. If they don't have respect for the police, they must deal with me. Something they don't really have a routine reponse for. Not that I'm an ultra bad assed ninja bouncer or anything but, how does the average punk act up with someone who presumable sees them as a dead guy they haul around one day. Maybe tonight? Like you have been places they haven't thought of yet and know how things end. They sober up a bit and act right.

Our ticket takers are the county constables and uniformed security for a resort that has partnered with the event.

A button does not describe what the problem is or what kind of person needs to deal with it. Do you need a medical tacticle guy, a police security guy or bigger monsters or some one to psych them out?

The only thing we have not been able to control is small blond girls named Barbie punching people in the nose like she was trained to fend off a New York City Mugging.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

A button does not describe what the problem is or what kind of person needs to deal with it. Do you need a medical tacticle guy, a police security guy or bigger monsters or some one to psych them out?"

at the uss nightmare we have a button system that contains 2 buttons; one makred emergency (where all of security comes to the scene) the other reads attention (mainly the actor corrdinator tends to that call.)

there is a time or two where an actor man hit the emergency button in place of the attention button...which kind'a freaks the actor out and leaves them wondering why do i have all these people running to my scene! lol

overall this system does work out nicely.

all security members carry walkie talkies which help us to quickly communicate in reguards to an attention/emergency situations. which, helps to quickly make any calls to any EMT, the offical police. etc.

Comment

Few things
          1. Tell em you have securities camera's even though, you may not. Usually just the threat of observation suffices.
          2. Have security shadow the potential trouble makers.
          3. Try to detect the affor mentioned trouble makers early.
          4. Tell your actors to keep aware, if they use common sense even they can pick up on who NOT to get in the face of. If the guy looks like hes under the influence of ANYTHING, its quiet possibly a BAD idea to get in his face on this particular night. As it will end in bad christmas spirit.
          So just use common sense.

Comment

Working...
          X