Flavorus is a rip off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flavorus is a rip off

Just wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with Flavorus?

I handle all of Sue's(Graystone Haunt, Texas) online stuff (to include ticketing.)

Well recently (March 2012) they were at Transworld, and were pushing us hard to give them a shot. We decided to give their promised "flex pass" a shot, as it was initially promised to us by mid to end of May.

Well, May came and went, and Mark (Flavorus representative) assured me it would be there by mid June. June came and went, and I contacted him for a second time early July. By then we were fed up waiting for the flex pass, but I opted to wait one more time for the promised released time of first week of August.

It finally got here, 5 months after they made contact practically begging us to go with their setup.

Long story short (too late):

Their system sucks. It is not user friendly, is very inefficient, and their customer service is terrible.

We used ticket leap last year, and are now using them again this year. I have been (as well as Sue has been) extremely impressed with the clean, concise methods by which Ticketleap operates. We will continue to use them, as they make the ticketing process the easiest and fastest that we have seen.

Avoid Flavorus, make sure you go with a reliable ticketing company. And they certainly are not one of them.

customer no service and no satisfaction

what is happening to the haunt industry vendors ? every year honest haunt owners are taken for literally millions of dollars from ripoff haunt vendors. What can be done about this ? we all knw that the Better Business Bureau can do NOTHING...... thank goodness these forums WARN people "somewhat" on who to stay away from. Good luck trying to secure your products. I wish you and your haunt only the best this year .

Comment

Flavorus responds

Hi Keegan,

I’m sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our product. It is true that it took us longer than anticipated to finish our flex pass feature, and for that we apologize. We wanted to make sure that it was the most flexible pass in the industry, and it took us a long time to test it out. We are proud of what we created, a true flex pass that is not just one ticket that lasts for a month, but a pass where you can choose individual days where it will be valid and also set blackout days if you choose. There are many haunts who are already up and running using our services, including our flex pass feature, who have been telling us that they love the freedom we give them to create their own pass. That being said, we are always making improvements and fixes and I encourage you to take another look.

I must respectfully disagree with you about our service. We pride ourselves on the quality of our client and customer service so I am surprised to hear that you were unhappy with our client representatives. If you have additional concerns about your experience with Flavorus, I would be happy to speak to you personally to get to the bottom of the issue.

Flavorus has been the leading innovator in the online ticketing space for the past 13 years and is proud to be part of the haunt family. We’ll be back at Transworld again this year with new features and functionality to help you decrease lines and increase your ticket sales. We are absolutely confident that we are the best ticketing option in the haunt space, and we look forward to hopefully working with you in the future.

Steve Oberman
      Flavorus, Inc.
      steve[MENTION=21972]Flavorus[/MENTION].com
      323-908-0607 X322

Comment

Keegan

My friend why fix it if it's not broken!!! Ticketleap is the way to go! They have went out of their way to help keep the Haunt Industry on top! Are they a lil higher? Yes are they far better than most? YES! Shane and it's glad you stayed with them! Shane
        sigpic

Comment

What does Flavours do? Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
            What does Flavours do? Larry
            I'm curious as well.
            INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Oh I missed that... they are a online ticketing company. You know what I say about that... this year I was hammered with companies offering me the sun the moon and the stars to switch companies. There is like 10 to 20 of these guys now out there trying to get people to join their ticketing company. I stayed with Interactive Ticketing after almost switching to a different company... there are companies out there now offering pos systems for your ticket booth free if you sign up to free ticket stock to cheaper rates, to just about anything and everything you can think of...

Here is what I see happening here... these ticketing companies will lose all their business if they can't find ways to help you build facebook likes, give you free stuff like POS systems to any and all other kinds of perks. There is just way to much competition now for your business so dont' be afraid to ask for the moon now and if they can't provide probably someone else will.

Next year we'll 110% evaluate who has the best offer for our business and go from there. I don't know anything about this company here but I know they are all out there looking for business.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Larry and Shane: exactly! Flavorus gave me (us) a line of "we're sorry you feel that way" and failed to deliver. I'll stick to Ticketleap, or look into Interactive ticketing next year, but of the many, those few are the ones I trust.

Comment

And Steve? Your system is junk. Sorry. I'm agreeing with two of the 5-7 biggest names in the business who own haunts: Shane loves Ticketleap, and Larry loves Interactive. THEY are the leaders in the ticketing industry. You aren't setting any records by failing to deliver.

Comment

Rather funny and ironic parallel . . .

Not to jump into the fray or stir the pot, but I thought this was too funny to pass up. (No pun intended.)

I'm sure more than one of you here are fans of British comedies, as am I, and for the last two weeks, I've been on a serious britcom marathon kick. The britcom in question? "Yes, Minister" and "Yes, Prime Minister"!!!

If any of you have never seen this show, it's about the internal workings of British government, which bares a striking resemblance to American government. Needless to say, it ranges from satire to wild political farce of a most politically ribald sense.

Anyway, one of the key characters is Sir Humphrey Appleby (Nigel Hawthorne, "The Madness of King George"), basically the head civil servant in question, whose sole purpose in life is to thwart his minister's intentions and keep himself and all of his bureaucrat friends and cronies in lucrative government jobs for years and years to come. "Ministers will come and go, but the civil service is eternal!"

The reason I mention it here, and it's germane relevance to the conversation, is that we have had a lot of threads on here about vendors who have grossly fallen short, and very often quite many of them, when called upon to issue a heartfelt "mea culpa", often seem to offer a defensive "(non) mea culpa", and issue a rather sterile apologia.

Whenever I read these, I'm always reminded of the various official statements offered by such aforementioned bureaucrats. The parallels are quite uncanny.

Here's an example . . . tell me if you don't agree . . .

For what it's worth . . .

Just sayin' . . .

C.

*kinda reminds of the guy at the tradeshow who wanted to trademark "scary haunt" or something like that, and was ready to sue anyone who used it . . .*

Comment

I agree whole heartedly! Typical answers from people trying to cover their hind ends from word of mouth damage. This is (essentially) the same answer I have heard three different times from three different reps. First Mark, then Caroline, and now this guy. It's disheartening to say the least, and your comment made me realize how often it really occurs. Not just on this forum and in this industry, but worldwide on a daily basis.

Comment

We've just posted a vendor profile for Flavorus on HauntersDigest.com. You can find it at http://www.hauntersdigest.com/vendor/flavorus/.

So if anyone has had a experience with them, good or bad, please take a few seconds and visit their profile and rate them.
                        News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
                        Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

I've never heard of Flavorful...were they at TW this year??

REGARDLESS, last year I bought the POS system from Clearcut at Transworld. It was a little confusing and a few grand or so later, it's all still sitting in the box. I made the switch to online ticketing and I am in love with Ticketleap. Much like Shane, they bend over backwards for their customers. Last year we had an iFrame issue on our site that they caught and made me aware of...simple fix and we were ready to rock. That being said, we've returned to TL this season. The user interface is hands-down the best I've seen. We had a lot of other companies reach out to us this season but no one offered the simplicity and ease of use I've found from TL.
                          O'Shawn McClendon
                          Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

I wouldn't say a company is a rip off just because you didn't like how their system functioned, did they take any of your money? I think they only get money as you sell tickets so saying they are a rip off is harsh. I think it would be better to say that you are not a fan of their online ticketing system or service, and prefer a different vendor. Would you agree? Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Originally posted by freak 'n' stein View Post
                              I've never heard of Flavorful...were they at TW this year??

REGARDLESS, last year I bought the POS system from Clearcut at Transworld. It was a little confusing and a few grand or so later, it's all still sitting in the box. I made the switch to online ticketing and I am in love with Ticketleap. Much like Shane, they bend over backwards for their customers. Last year we had an iFrame issue on our site that they caught and made me aware of...simple fix and we were ready to rock. That being said, we've returned to TL this season. The user interface is hands-down the best I've seen. We had a lot of other companies reach out to us this season but no one offered the simplicity and ease of use I've found from TL.
                              One of the things that we really liked about TicketLeap, besides their great platform, is their customer service. That is #1 in my book because if you got problems and can't take money you need support fast. That's one of their reasons we partnered with them for our HauntApps.com platform. They were always looking at things from their customers point of view first on how to improve their service. They were the first to offer a great mobile ticketing interface that's very easy to use. I'm amazed that there are still some ticketing companies servicing haunts or any businesses that doesn't support mobile users?!!?! If people can't purchase tickets easily on their phone, they will just close it causing you to lose a sale. We recommend TicketLeap to all our HauntApps.com customers and highly suggest you check them out. Even if you already think you have a good ticketing solution, you really should try a run with TicketLeap and experience how much better it can be!
                              News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
                              Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Working...
                              X