Flavorus is a rip off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
    I wouldn't say a company is a rip off just because you didn't like how their system functioned, did they take any of your money? I think they only get money as you sell tickets so saying they are a rip off is harsh. I think it would be better to say that you are not a fan of their online ticketing system or service, and prefer a different vendor. Would you agree? Larry
    Did they take his money? Doesn't matter. A rip-off? Absolutely. Why? In a word: lost time and opportunity costs.

In haunting (as you well know), time is money, and both money and time are very tight when getting ready for a show. All of Flavorus' reps went to a great extent to ultimately waste Keegan's time, his one irreplaceable commodity. Did they make any effort to reimburse him for his time? What about Interactive? The time that Keegan ended up wasting on Flavorus' frustrating "pass-the-buck" customer service and slipshod product could easily have been utilized exploring Interactive's viability as a vendor.

What about the 5 months that Keegan was put on hold, twisting in the wind, wondering if the new system will be compatible with what he's got going on, and having to put a lot of other logistical considerations on hold while waiting for the answer or final verdict to that question? Again, that's not the kind of bobble I'd want to have to to deal with whilst trying to put on a show together.

I could go on, but ultimately, with that rather lackluster performance, I can't imagine how they can consider themselves "part of the haunt family" and keep a straight face whilst espousing that absurd "we love being part of the haunt family" line.

This is not unsimilar, except maybe in degree, from a pro-haunter going to a trade show, making a big purchase to the tune of 10's of thousands of dollars in effects, props, animatronics, and other big ticket items, being told the stuff would arrive in August, and then it not getting there until the last minute, too late for it to be implemented in the show, and will have to be used next year, if even that. That's easily some $20K to $50K worth of money and comparable resources tied up in products that cannot be used for the season, even tho that's a great deal of season's budget, which was allocated for that. That's also $20K to $50K worth of haunt that the customers won't get a chance to enjoy, because that's $20K to $50K that can't be spent on anything else, nor is there time to come up with stuff on their own, which presumably they would have done if they had had the time and resources. (Not thinking they would or did, they chose to invest it at the tradeshow.)

Just sayin'

C.

Comment

Larry, Brother hit it right on the head. It was the time wasted with hours of needless Internet confusion.

It isn't that I didn't understand the system. I understood it perfectly. I'm 26, and extremely computer saavy. It was the LACK of EVERYTHING. The LIES about how they were going to deliver, and didn't.

With two haunt websites that I manage, as well as handle all of Sue's commercials on the radio, Internet ads, and print media, as well as the FULL TIME job that I work, as well as FULL TIME army, as well as FULL TIME college (12 credits a semester), I'm busy. Too busy to play pissing games with a company that saw an opportunity to try to sweep into an industry that is already run by key players such as TicketLeap, Interactive, etc.

Time. Is. Money.

Therefore, yes. They were (and are) a rip off. They undercut the industry standard service fee to get clients, and (as Brother put it) left me in the wind for just over 5 months. And the company wasn't even concerned. I understand the haunt is tiny, and may only bring 4-5 thousand in online sales, leaving them with 7-900 dollars, but that is what it is. My business should be important, whether it is small or large. Bring in 1000 people of 100000. And Flavorus didn't deliver in that aspect, nor many others.

Don't wanna start a mess on the board, just want you to know where I am coming from. Yes, they are a rip off.

Thanks.

Keegan

Comment

Rumor is this company has changed their game considerable in the last 6-8 months. Has anyone had a POSITIVE experience with Flavorus recently?

Comment

The name does sound like a Water ice company but they do ticketing. To start off I'm a big Ticketleap fan and they are in my backyard. So when I walk by the Flavorus booth and the guy started talking I listened, i'll listen to what people have to say, and when the sales pitch was over I said i'm happy with who i'm with and won't change unless Ticketleap gives me a reason too, the guy just kept pushing and doing alittle on the slide bad mouthing of Ticketleap and getting pushy. I'm not a fan of this type of sales, I gave you my time and I said no thanks, they just to me came off needy and catty. Later that day I wonder back over to Ticketleaps booth and was telling Lee that I was getting the hard sell from Flavorus and Lee basically said hey there just trying to get into this market too and he's heard good and bad. That's why I stay with Ticketleap, professionalism, and they do what they tell me there going to do and there one of the few that GET our business.

Robert
          Fright Factory Philadelphia

Comment

My Thoughts

They called me and was on the phone for an hour. I told them I was happy with TicketLeap they said well they had problems this past year bla, bla, bla and in 3 years we have never had an issue! I told them I been with Ticketleap for 6 or 7 years and that was the first issue I had. In time we all have issues! Just don't jump the boat because something happened. They said I gave them every reason to stay with TicketLeap and they wanted that kind of customers. I said well Thank You! Shane and it's Stay with Ticketleap!
            sigpic

Comment

Same here Gray, he couldn't jump on that topic quick enough. I told him it had no effect on me, so i told him until i have an issue that I can't live with i'll be sticking with them. His response was great ( are you going to wait till you have an issue? ) So I said back, I could switch to you and you could fuck me right off the bat. Not much to say after that, lol

Robert

Comment

We used interactive ticketing and we get great service from them so we've stuck with them ... I believe in building relationships and making them work for you. It would take a lot to get me to switch at this point. I've been offered a lot let me tell you!

I don't think any of these ticketing companies are a rip off, but they all offer different plans and packages and one could be a whole hell of a lot better deal than another. When selling online ticket let me give you a few things to consider...

Take it from me because I know... I doubt very seriously ANYONE in the industry is selling more online tickets than us I have made this a focus for 10 years plus. My goal is to sell 50% of my tickets online this year or more... I love online ticketing it keeps your money in the bank, its easy to track, and it gives the customer the opportunity to make an impulse decisions to buy a ticket.

For me if that ticketing company site goes off line like what happened last year NO WAY IN HELL am I going there. If they dont' have 24 hour customer support NO WAY IN HELL AM I GOING THERE. If they don't give me the ability to change the fees I want I won't go with them... I want my customers to buy online and I think if the charges per ticket are too high customers won't buy.

Bottom line and its really simple... you must sell tickets online and you must give your customers incentives to do so. I've been pitched by every company and they mostly lie to you by telling you they can help you sell more online tickets than the next guy... TOTAL LIES! They can't really... the only person who can help you sell more tickets online is YOU!

You drive the business to your website through your marketing efforts, YOU create the event they want to attend and if its good more people want to buy... you drive them to your site end of story. All they really do is help you give you the system to sell your tickets online... I could right now create my own software to do the same and I would sell the same amount no matter what ticketing company I worked with.

There is only a handful of ticketing companies that can really help you like Ticketmaster with massive databases they could in theory blast out millions of people about your event, but they won't. Stub Hub places like that with huge connections of people buying sporting tickets or whatever I guess they give you more eyeballs where as they smaller ticketing companies just provide a service.

SO go with the company that has the best backend tools for the best price and work with people you trust. End of story!

You must do the rest from there... Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thank You TicketLeap

We're small, and like everyone else my time is limited. I travel extensively for my company, I spend a lot of hours throughout the week working on the haunt, I'm an author so nights are spent writing, blah blah blah (I wont bore you with anymore details). I did my homework when we were looking for online ticket sales, and was torn between Interactive and TicketLeap. I chose TicketLeap, and couldn't be happier. These guys have great service, and they check in on me during the off season to offer tips for the upcoming season.

This is one haunt vendor that gets it. And one haunt vendor that will always have my business!
                  Travis "Big T" Russell
                  President
                  Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
                  X