Thanks and good luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks and good luck!

My haunt Deadly Intentions is about to enter our 10th and final season tomorrow. I have sold the attraction and have decided to end my 26 year career due to health problems. I'm ok not dying or anything!

I would like to thank all the people I have met in this industry. You guys are some of the best, hardest working individuals I have ever met. I feel grateful to have been part of the haunt business for as long as I have. I have so many great memories and some really bad ones as well but, I would not have changed a thing.

We are located in Warren Michigan which is a suburb of Detroit. Michigan has long since been known as the haunting capital of the world. We received this honor due to the number of attractions located within such a small proximity to each other. Three years ago I believe there were something like 40 haunted attractions within sixty miles of my attraction. There are some top notch haunts here. Erebus, which is owned by Ed Terebus who also prints a local, industry, seasonal guide to haunted attractions and had the Guinness Record for longest walk through haunt for several years tops the list. His show is amazing and receives more attention and customers than any other. What a great guy. There are also several haunts that have been around for more than 15 years and with the amount of competition, that is quite an accomplishment. There are also a ton who have come and gone. I am looking forward to getting to go see all these great haunts next year, some for the first time.

I would personally like to thank all my cast and crew for their loyalty and dedication through the years. I have the best actors around who are not happy unless they have our customers screaming in terror and begging to be released from the horror. They are why we have survived 10 years. I love them. It is because of them that Deadly has the great reputation that it does. I have had other haunt owners in the past ask me if they could buy some of my actors. LOL!

Now that it is almost over, I have so many mixed emotions. I know the guys from The Deadland who I sold the haunt to, will do a great job in the future and continue to give our customers a top notch show. They have actually been the ones the last two years to come in and do the inside re-designing with me not able to contribute much except for ideas and what I wanted to see. It finally looks the way I have always dreamed. It is now probably one of the most detailed haunted attractions in the country. However knowing the end is near makes me reflect on the last quarter century and realize just how much I will miss this industry!

Most of all I would like to thank the loyal customers and fans of Deadly Intentions! It always amazes me to see some of the same faces year after year. Sometimes several times in a season. They post on our web site year round and are always interested in what we have in store for them the next year. They also are not afraid to give their honest opinion whether it's good or bad. I always appreciate the honest feedback and try to listen to their suggestions for what they want to see. It's because of them that I redesign the entire attraction every year so they never have the same experience the following year. It's because of them that I strive to improve my show and come up with new ideas and try new things every year. Some work and some don't, but I try none the less to be as creative as possible and to create an attraction that is not like any of our competition.

As always, I will continue to visit these forums and interject when I feel I have something to contribute. I am always available if someone needs some advice or has a question. I may not know everything about the haunted attraction business but I now a lot. So feel free to email me at: Slobberinc@aol.com or PM me right here on Hauntworld. I have also decided to team up with a writer and write a book about all my experiences in the haunted attraction business. Look for it late next year.

I wish all the haunt customers around the country a safe, scary and fun Halloween season and hope that every haunted attraction owner and crew have the best year they have ever had and continued success to all.
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Good luck to all the haunted attractions that are opening tonight. I hope you all have a great season! I am a little bummed out. We haven't had much rain here in almost a month and of course tonight and tomorrow we are expecting storms. Oh well, fingers crossed for a great start anyhow! Have fun everybody!
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Great opening night for us last night. One of my biggest opening night in 10 years! Up 20% from last years first night!

Hope everyone else is off to a good start as well!

Comment

The title of this thread makes me think of the end of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, the Dolphins float up out of the Oceon and say So long and thanks for all the fish!
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

We had a great opening weekend. 3rd best in 10 years, up 20% from last year! Great reviews from our customers and other haunt owner and workers who came through. How did everyone else do?

Comment

uncle howie..............

though we've never met, I appreciate and learned alot from all of your posts here over the years. You are a true inspiration to all of us. I hope you are in good health, and I wish you only the best in your retirement from owning a haunted house. Take care, and PLEASE....... continue to post here. I enjoy your comments and value your opinions. I'm from the philly suburbs, (just a haunt fan) but hopefully, someday, I will get a chance to visit your haunt, and possibly meet you in person. Take care and good luck in all you do. Thanks for everything !!!!!!

Comment

I'll Second that!
              How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Thanks guys it means a lot!

Comment

Working...
                X