Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop Book

Everyone,

I'm hoping to put together a massive work on cost effective props, tools needed, and how to make them. I'm hoping everyone will participate and email your prop tutorial(s) to me at:

joshtmd@yahoo.com

If you can do it, please include:

-Some type of name
    -Items/tools needed
    -How to build tutorial
    -estimated cost of the build

Once completed, I fully intend to freely distribute the work back to all individuals who gave at least one prop tutorial.

I know that several projects like this have previously been done, but I'm hoping to put together a work that consists of several hundred prop ideas, almost like a miniature encyclopedia of props lol . I'm hoping for 500 or more pages, but we'll see how it goes. I just really want to help out the haunt community, and this seemed like something I could put together. Thank you very much for the help that you guys have given me over the last two years of my obsession with Halloween lol.

~Josh Thompson
    ~Josh Thompson

http://cheaphalloweenprops.siterubix.com/

Are you going to be selling the book? If you are asking others for , then asking for money for it then the haunt industry would be doing something for you as opposed to you doing something for it. Im just curious for your plan for the book after it is made.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Yeah I have to agree, although I enjoy sharing projects, what is the benefit of sharing these with you?

Comment

I just thought I would watch a bunch of
        Stiltbeaststudios videos, write em up and resell them.
        Ah, heck, that's way to much effort, maybe i can just copy the videos, package them into a DVD and sell that.
        Well, I would need a cool cover, so if someone can make one and send it to me, that would be swell.

Sorry, im seeing the pre season stress and lack of rest building up, its effecting me

We have a lot of very generous people in the haunt community but I dont see anyone working to help profit another.
        On the other hand, a well done book or even better a well organized web site that stores all this and distributes for free would be fabulous.
        Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
        Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
        2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

Your responses are duly noted. Perhaps I chose my words poorly when I said I intended to "freely" distribute the work back to all who contributed something. Beyond that, I have no intention of selling it to anyone, whether in hard form, electronic form, or any other form there may be. Nor do I intend to sell it to those who did NOT contribute to the work, as I feel that that would be ethically dishonest, as 99% of it would not be from my mind. I hope that clarifies things.

Have an awesome Halloween!!!
          ~Josh Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Paranormal Fear View Post
            Your responses are duly noted. Perhaps I chose my words poorly when I said I intended to "freely" distribute the work back to all who contributed something. Beyond that, I have no intention of selling it to anyone, whether in hard form, electronic form, or any other form there may be. Nor do I intend to sell it to those who did NOT contribute to the work, as I feel that that would be ethically dishonest, as 99% of it would not be from my mind. I hope that clarifies things.

Have an awesome Halloween!!!
            LOL, suresure, but then again I believe in the tooth fairy too

Comment

I understand the distrust. After all, no one knows me at a personal level. It was just an idea. Maybe I'll just come up with something myself. Thank you anyways for your time in reading and responding.
              ~Josh Thompson

Comment

hey

would love a dvd

Comment

Josh,
                  If you have enough content for 99% of the book, then make the book then sell it. It could then help the industry. I would buy a book like that for $20-30.
                  Allen H

Comment

Allen I think he said 99% would NOT be from his mind....

Comment

oops, after I master physics I will learn to read.

Comment

Rule #1. Gravity always wins.
                        Rule #2. Friction is a drag.
                        Rule #3. A body in motion tends to stay in motion except when #1 or #2 are involved or there is a wind or plasma or magnetics working against it.

Next we move onto how to make atomic bombs in the privacy of your own home. The difference between just throwin the two components together versus an explosive charge throwing the two things together.

That's about it. See Sally Run, See Bob run, See spot run. Why can't anyone walk. Guess there isn't anything exciting to read about then.
                        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

However this brings up a valid point, why ISN'T there an online database for haunt projects? For instance Allen, do you have a site that catalogs all of your cool YouTube Wednesday videos? I think this is something that might catch on for those haunt owners that do it themselves (for instance: Susan)

Comment

Just look up stiltbeast studios on YouTube they're all there i know i have watched most of them

Kyle Guillette
                            Kyle Guillette
                            Dysfunctional Concepts-Haunted Alaskan Motel

Comment

Working...
                            X