Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which haunt convention for 2013?

Hi All,

I am looking to attend my first haunt convention in 2013 and had a few questions.

What one will you attend?

Since I am looking to open next year, I do not have any of the documents that Transworld requests to register

How do I get an invite from an exhibitor?

Is that verification of information normal at other haunt conventions?

Are there any closer to the east coast?

Appreciate any and all advice

-Charlie

Transworld!

One convention TRANSWORLD! You can call TRANSWORLD and ask what they will need so you can get in.
    It's the one trade show i do every year!
    By far the biggest and best selection you will see any where.
    sigpic
    PEACE, ADAM
    www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Transworld

This year was my first trip to the transworld show and I will be back next year for sure.

Comment

Thanks

Looks and sounds like Transworld is the one I will be attending.

Thanks

Charlie

Comment

Hey Charlie,

If you notice, Transworld also hosts Halloween Extreme (a new show for this year).

Jen Braverman (i hope i didn't butcher the last name), is transworlds producer, and I recently called her to speak about the two shows and determine which one (or both) to vend at for 2013.

Transworld breakdown,
          LARGE following
          St Louis
          Business focused
          High end clientele
          Larger vendor selection

Halloween Extreme
          Florida
          First year
          Business and hobbyist focus
          Open to public
          Free(I believe)
          Smaller but reliable and trusted vendors

If you need to network and plan on spending some g's, go to Transworld. Heck, if you can't get an invite by January let me know and I'll give you one of mine.

If you want to get your feet wet, see some cool stuff and network with fellow haunters, and haunt enthusiasts, and don't plan on spending a fortune, go to halloween extreme, you can get a nice tan! Lol.

It all comes down to what you want to get out of the trade show.

Midwest haunters is good if you want to see a LOT of haunted houses.

National haunters is very small but has some decent connections, although they're starting to gear towards a ren-crowd which is unique.

And Leonard's show (name escapes me but its hosted in PA as well as NHC) has a strong Following, but can be a little sketch (mainly cause Leonard pickle runs it lol, he's great and talented and all but he has had a bit too many legal trouble for me to want to do business with him lol).

Honestly, trust your hands in
          Transworld
          Halloween Extreme
          Midwest Haunters

If you're low budget
          National Haunters Convention is small, but very pleasant, I went last year. Thanks Janene from distortions for that lol!

Comment

There's only one................

National haunter's convention, oaks, pennsylvania. (may 2013) i think..... Michael bruner and his entire staff welcome you !!!!! Show gets bigger and better every year !!!! Enjoy !!!!

Comment

Thanks for the nice breakdown! Seeing that PA isn't far maybe I can make it to Transworld and that one. Appreciate the suggestions! Cant wait to go.

Comment

If it's your first convention, I would highly recommend you consider Midwest Haunter's Convention. Transworld is a true trade show, and most of the vendors are there hoping to sign big-ticket custom orders with established large haunt owners. If this does not describe you, you might be more comfortable at MHC. MHC is primarily a "cash and carry" show, meaning the vendors arrive with large amounts of inventory that is ready to sell on the spot. They will (of course) still take orders for custom pieces, but that is not the focus of the show. MHC is a very friendly show... Regardless of if you're a large haunt owner or not. Haunt owners, haunt actors, technicians, artists, wannabe haunt owners, and even just Halloween enthusiasts are all equally welcome at MHC. The same cannot be said of Transworld, which is exactly why Transworld requires credentials to attend. MHC has vendors, classes/seminars, demonstrations, haunt tours, hearse show, and a costume ball. It is a great show!
                Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

I was in the same boat as you last year, since this is just my second year of having a profesional haunt.
                  I went to Transworld and St.Louis and Midwest in Columbus.
                  I would say Transworld. More people, and more networking. Since there was more to do at TW, more places to meet people, get ideas, and network.
                  Cons for TW: since it is so big, many vendors focus on large props, and since I just finished my first professional year, I didn't buy much, but got some great ideas.

MHC was not bad by any means, but I saw it all in a day. Since I live in Ohio, the haunt tours didn't interest me since I have seen most of them before. MHC has some GREAT deals on props, as many new companies are just trying to start up. I took my mom with me, showed her how I wanted to make my living, and she loved it, despite the fact that she hates horror movies and haunted houses(but sells tickets at mine). The classes at MHC seemed good, but I already took similar ones at transworld.
                  MHC seems like a great place to take your staff on a field trip,because of the price, while TW seems to be geared more towards owners and operators.
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Never been to TW. I went to Hauntcon in PA, wont go to it in Houston. MHC was absolutely fantastic on an number of levels.
                    Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Midwest is by far the most socially fun convention out there. More seminars, tours, parties, and a lot of good deals. Transworld has a tendency to be a bit...overwhelming if you're not used to large trade shows. I am very intrigued by Halloween Extreme and may give that one a try next spring.

If you are looking for tons of straightforward information, classes, and networking. I would suggest MHC in 2013 and then TW in 2014.

HAuNTcon, National, West Coast, and CHAC are fine, but smaller cons and have their appeals. Good luck picking one and keep us informed as to where you're going. I'm sure someone will offer to buy the first round wherever you choose.
                      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Working...
                      X