quick ethics question---is this ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick ethics question---is this ok?

Since Haunt season is coming up, my car is advertising our Haunt. All it is is a magnet on one car, and a reusable vinyl sticker on another, they aren't that big, about 8 inches by 12 inches. I plan on seeing some Haunts this year, and I wanted to know if it is in bad taste to have these on my car when I go to visit.
    I can take the magnet off easily......Sticker not so much.
    I don't think it would be a big deal, since most people are not going to see a magnet on the side of a car, leave the parking lot, and go to my haunt instead of the one they are currently at, but I didnt want to get black listed, considering that this is just my 2nd year professional.
    Thanks
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

that doesnt sound like a big deal at all,im a tourguide/innkeeper at the lizzie borden house in fall river,something like that wouldnt bother us at all,in fact quite the opposite,it can be flattering that someone else in the business wants to come see your show
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blood...32305403537000

Comment

Personally,
      I don't think it's disrespectful or in bad taste. I've never felt that way about another haunt, my actors even wear "our" tee shirts when we go to another haunt. I do however try to inform the other haunt when we will coming for a visit.
      "MOST" of the time,... the other staff is happy to see us & the actors are trying extra hard to "amp" it up for the our acting crew, the owners even ask for input / comments after we have gone through.
      Most of "us" , ....."haunters"...... all get along & the few that I have met that would take offense are the type that wouldn't want you to go to their haunt anyway.....because.... "they have the BEST haunt on the planet", & your just there to cause trouble.... in their eyes.
      Just my 2 cents.
      Slaughter

Comment

No big deal at all

We even comp the actors from other haunts and do the same for our actors
        Gary
        Midnight Evil Productions
        www.MidnightEvil.com
        Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
        www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Car

That is no problem just dont flyer there parking lot without asking first.....lmao

Shawn
          http://www.twistedwoods.com

Comment

You should absolutely advertise your haunt while at other haunts. Jackets, hats, cars & T-shirts! The customers that are already there will still go in and it promotes your haunt as well. We have haunts that come up in their gear every year and I was never ffended by it!

Good Luck!
            1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

The more the merrier!

We always welcomed other haunts and if you had extra flyers we would pass them out at our ticket booth.
              We would also let other haunters go thru for free.

Comment

Bring it!

I would love to see cars from other haunts in our parking lot! And bring your tee shirts as well! Hell - come in costume and parade around the midway!! I don't "hate" the competition, and in my day job I have many friends who work for competing companies. We talk all the time - we just don't share secrets. But haunting is different. We can help each other and it only helps us as an industry get stronger. I have several haunts within an hour of us, and I am hoping we can all team-up and create a "haunt trail" for our patrons where they can get discounts and stuff when visiting all of our haunts. They plan on visiting their haunts because I love haunted houses and I want to support as many as I can. I would hope they feel the same about us.
                Travis "Big T" Russell
                President
                Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
                X