Gas Boycott on Tues 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Boycott on Tues 15th

So anyone else doing it? I am and even if you absolutely need to put some gas in your car, only put in the smallest amount you can to make your trip. I know some say that it will not matter as you will either fill up sooner or later, but at least we can hurt their pocketbooks on ONE day....

Ron
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

I am participating.... I have already filled up so I'm good to go! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I need to get gas, but I will not be doing it on the 15th.

COME ON PEOPLE JOIN THE BAND WAGON!

DON"T GET GAS ON THE 15th!!!!!!!!

Brian

Comment

NO GAS ON TUESDAY HERE!

Howie
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I'm not buying any either.
          Slash
          "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Well it sound good but... This happened last year and it ultimatly hurt consumers more then anything. So you dont buy gas on the 15th so what will people do? Everyone is going to fill up on the 14th or 16th. It happened last year and actually increased the oil profits driving gas prices up even more! Hopefully it works this time but I honestly think the oil companies are the ones starting these gas outs...

Sean
            Sean De Wane
            ----------------------------------------------
            The De Wane Asylum
            www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

If we all didn't wake up every morning with a hungry stomach, then there might be no greed in the world.
              "How am I going to feed that hungry stomach? Work? Lie, Cheat, Steal?"
              We all have choices, of course there is never enough money for some of the richest people alive today....and when we all die...we are all the same "Dead!" The Ultimate "Joke" of living and ego.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Instead of not buying gas on one day, why don't you use today to:

- Ride your bike or walk to where you need to go for the next week (it is ride your bike to work week after all!)
                - Find one or more permanent carpool buddies
                - Trade in your gas guzzling SUV for a more economical car, hybrid or motorcycle
                - Take public transit more often
                - Give your car a tune up / check tire pressure / change your filters

Or any number of other ways to help reduce our reliance on foreign oil. Hurting big oil's pocket books for one day doesn't do much when you boost thier income on the two days surrounding it...

-- I
                -------------------------------
                http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

IMAX I guess this would be the proper reply to your reply, I agree with you 100%. Being a roofer I am unable to ride a bike to work or a motorcycle, we do insist that our 18 man CREW carpool though, and I personally put my GASGUZZLING F-250 in retirement for awhile and pulled out the little 6 banger Ranger to use as the repair vehicle.
                  Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Ha

I just bought a Hummer
                    Joking!!!
                    Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

"I want to work for you in your Haunted House."
                      "Why?"
                      "I need money for my car payments."
                      "What kind of a car do you have?"
                      "A Hummer."
                      "And you think I pay that much money to my hired help here?"

All that October she would park her Hummer across from my house making many people assume that it was mine!
                      One night I got to drive it three blocks. The gas gauge said I had enough gas to go 145 miles in the tank, I idled it backwards from where it was parked, pulled it into Drive, Idled it one small block to the first Stop sign, Idled it two blocks up to the next Stop sign-"You now have enough gas left to go 137 miles!!!"
                      I could see that you would need a GPS unit with all the gas stations listed for you!
                      She lived 70 miles from The Ravens Grin Inn!
                      Very nice young woman, she got rid of the Hummer not long after she worked here.
                      Hummers hum the song of perpetual thir$t.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Bodybagging,

Honestly, I applaud you! I have no problem with people that have to use big gas-hungry vehicles that _actually use them_ for something. Doing construction work is a very good reason to need and USE big trucks! It's awesome that you are able to use your smaller trucks to still get the job done.

What I have a huge problem with are the folks that drive around *alone* in huge vehicles for no other purpose than to get to their office-job or go to the mall or whatever it is people do, ...when there are better transportation alternatives.

Congrats on an excellent effort!

-- I
                        -------------------------------
                        http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

In this small village there would be the elderly that drove in circles all day, all night long, they "knew" if they stopped driving that Death would ketchup to them!
                          Of course having a fatal heart attack, hanging half-way from your fast idling car trying to get help from people standing on the corner is also poor form.
                          Yup.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

small truck, 25 mpg. saturn, 30 mpg.

No need for an SUV when you can haul your haunted house with a small truck
                            The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
                            X