Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video recording disclaimer

Hey all,

We're doing video recordings this fall of some of our guests reactions. We already have model releases for our actors so that we can video record them for commercials and such, but what do you guys do for your patrons? A simple posted "you may be recorded" disclaimer? Or something more elaborate? Obviously having everyone sign a waiver isn't feasible, so what works for you?

Anyone? Lol

Comment

I've wondered the same question. Currently, we are just putting it up on our "rules" sign at the ticket window that I'm sure no one will read anyway.

Comment

I understand that it's our property, and we can do what we like, but we need a way to let the patrons know that they may be on our website videos, etc...

Are we the only two who want to do this or have done this? Hmm

Comment

Yes, you're correct in all you have to do is state somewhere, easily seen, that the patrons "may or may not" be recorded. To cover everything, just put a sign in front of your queue line saying "Filming Today - You admission let's us record you" (using better words, of course) and that's it! By buying a ticket, they give you the right to record.
          Bryce Ring
          Co-owner/ Designer
          Twisted Realms Haunted House

Comment

This is the last item on our rules which are posted at the ticket booth, on our facade and on the door as they enter:

By entering this establishment, you are giving consent to be filmed and/or photographed. You also give permission for those videos and/or photos to be reproduced and used by the establishment owners to promote this event. No videos and/or photos will be used inappropriately.

You may use our wording or do something similar. That should cover you.
            1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

What Howie said. BUT it's also a good idea to print that on the tickets as well, since then they can't complain....because they had the actual disclaimer in their hands the whole time

Comment

Or you can just do it since no one is likely to complain. The worst that can happen is they bitch about it and you edit them out. Most people like the attention (assuming they aren't cheating on their girlfriend by taking someone else).
                www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Originally posted by monsterwax View Post
                  Or you can just do it since no one is likely to complain. The worst that can happen is they bitch about it and you edit them out. Most people like the attention (assuming they aren't cheating on their girlfriend by taking someone else).
                  That is NOT the worst that can happen. They could very easily sue you if they made it into promotional material, YouTube video, etc. Posting a few signs and having it printed on the tickets is a very easy way to remove yourself from that possible situation.

Every one of our tickets has the following;

Hundred Acres Manor is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Ticket purchaser bears all risks of inclement weather. No refunds / exchanges. Ticket user consents to use of his/her image or likeness incidental to any video display, transmission or recoding of the event by venue. The use of cameras, video or audio recording equipment is prohibited.
                  -Brandon Kelm
                  Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

the news channel put cameras inside my haunt to let people watch our patrons getting scared live on webcam. they put up a disclaimer sign by my ticket booth. i have no clue where this sign is off hand but i will look for it. i do remember it was pretty wordy. if i find it i will post it for you

Comment

experiment

I would like to offer this as an experiment for haunters.
                      If you know that you will be filming on day X use that information to help with advertising (before you use the footage for advertising). For instance, let the radio know you will film on day X. Tell them the scariest place in town will be filming for TV (or live TV to make it sound better).
                      This is like running an ad for extras in a movie. People come from all over to do that!
                      So, as an experiment, I would like to know the results. It could boost popularity before the shoot and after. Plus those people who show, will search for their appearance during the commercial online later only to forward it to their friends and family.
                      RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
                      http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

Comment

Have The TV Cameras

. and they will probably ruin that scare. People too busy looking at the camera. Our disclaimer is stuck to them in the form of a sticker-ticket, just like the ski lift tickets!
                        We would get free advertising from the sticker ticket. They would collect them, display them, put them on their old car's fender(to keep it together?)
                        We would have them in different colors for different nights, which also made them "pretty" and more collectable.
                        Last edited by Jim Warfield; 11-09-2012, 08:28 AM.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                        X