Glow paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow paint?

Hi, I'm new to home haunting and wanted to pick your brains to see if this is possible or not. I just bought one of the full sized skeletons from Walgreens and wanted to paint it in glow-in-the-dark paint, so I can black light it out on my porch. I'm trying to figure out if I can get a glow-in-the-dark paint that will dry clear and be weather resistant. Or, at least a glow-in-the-dark paint, that will dry clear, so I can apply a weather safe clear coat.

Any suggestions would be awesome. Thank!
    - HauntFan

Well, I am going ahead with the Glow-in-the-Dark clothe paint. It's fairly inexpensive and so far seems to be doing the trick. I guess the true results will be seen once the prop is taken down. (Also, decided to add some eye to up the creep factor!)
    261963_4778806515896_1684808709_n.jpg548618_4778977000158_237282286_n.jpg

Comment

Im sorry I never saw your thread (busy time of year) mix woolite in with your clear coat and it makes a great Clear UV paint. Cover them as often as you can because the sun eats the Glow off of the paint. Im sorry no one responded- honestly first time I have seen it.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion! I already have it coated with the cloth paint, but will have to give that a try if I get a second skeleton. The glow pain did work in a room with no light, but it ended up being useless when I placed the prop on my balcony (a combo of large amounts of ambient light and lack of bright black light, caused the glow effect to be unnoticeable). Next year, I may retry this and put up some kind of black barrier cloth to block out the light.

Again, thanks for the tip and happy haunting!
        HauntFan

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
        Im sorry I never saw your thread (busy time of year) mix woolite in with your clear coat and it makes a great Clear UV paint. Cover them as often as you can because the sun eats the Glow off of the paint. Im sorry no one responded- honestly first time I have seen it.
        Allen H

Comment

Working...
        X