No announcement yet.

Buyer Beware GLOBAL FEAR ENTERPRISES!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyer Beware GLOBAL FEAR ENTERPRISES!!!

I don't usually take to the forums to air dirty laundry but I feel it's in the industries' best interest to post this here so that they will not get screwed over by a particular vendor, Global Fear Enterprises.

Long before Matt Garcia aka Matt Valentine starting filming for Face Off he and I were in discussions about doing several styles of custom costumes. The result of these emails and discussions resulted in the majority of the new line of product displayed at his Transworld booth. We received the costumes and they were used in our show for our 2011 season. They were prototypes and as such needed a few tweeks and recommendations on how to make them strong and durable enough for years of service. Things like replacing Velcro and using zippers, stronger and more flexible paint instead of latex which most of it peeled off. After one season they needed touch ups in painting and needed some additions to make them stronger. They even said they thought we washed them in a wash machine, which obviously never happened, just actors wearing and performing in costumes and being aggressive as all actors do and they just didn't last.

So around Transworld he said to send them back and he'll do the repairs and I should have them in two weeks. Weeks turn into months and no responses and when he or Micheal Garcia aka Michael Faust, his brother, responds its the same response "I'll pass it on to the shop" or in the past few months it's "I'm finishing them now" or "I'm shipping them now you'll have them this week". I even had a fellow Haunter who is friends with them intervene which I appreciated but the results were the same, empty promises and deadline after deadline missed.

Keep in mind that this is for painting and repairs, not new costumes. This stuff could've been taken care of in a couple hours, days at the most and sent back.

The lack of communication, disinterest in taking care of good costumers, and delivering a product they are apparently not willing to stand behind makes this a vendor you should think twice about doing business with.

There of course are two sides to every story, but I have a slew of emails ready to go to back up my statements to verify my post as irrefutable. This is very unfortunate because I really like this company and the people behind it, but I've been way more than patient. I would hate to see someone else spend big money for costumes and then get ignored in this way.

I still have hope the costumes will arrive shortly to still use for the remaining nights of my season. I will report on the progress here.

Thanks,
    Allan Bennett
    Last edited by MDKing; 09-24-2012, 12:29 PM.
Working...
X