No announcement yet.

Ghostride productions issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not dealt with them Larry and you know a lot more people that have dealt with them, so I will have to take your word for it. But have you ever thought that you may get a little better service than the average Joe because of your stature in the industry, not to mention you have a venue to voice your displeasure louder than most. I will say that you do let the forums run their own course and have little interference from what I have seen so in some aspects you have given a voice to the average haunter too. I hope you are right because I was going to place a big order with them at the next TW.
    Phatman

Comment

I wanted to chime in and say thanks for the heads-up.

I have been burnt in the past by a company that "did" send an order, but was not even close to what I ordered. Basically they took my 4500 and sent me about 500 worth of crap that I never ordered. (long story...wasn't pretty)

I have always heard good things about Ghostride and their products, and I do understand about getting busy, BUT, there is no excuse not too communicate with your clients - no matter how big or small they may be.

Anytime I have spoken with Gore Galore late in the season, they would simple say they were not taking orders and would put me on the list if something comes up. Some of us don't have all the cash needed in the spring, so thus, you get some late orders sometimes. But when you place your order @ TW, the manufacture really should have a good handle on what they can and can't get done by Sept. Sure, there will be unforeseen issues and problems, but, THAT IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE CUSTOMER.

Customers are what keeps you in business and it is like giving them the middle finger when you can't get back to them and let them know what's up, good or bad! I don't believe that is too much to ask for and should not be the norm in this industry.

Fix the problems, communicate with customers and get back to making kick ass props.

I hope Ghostride can get things worked, as I really do like their stuff.

Just my two cents.

PB

Comment

I have read many stories about various vendors and it seems various people within the industry have different experiences and working relationships. Its one of the reasons I preety much deal exclusively with california vendors. If there is a problem I just go over and make sure it gets solved. It seems to be the time to instill what a lot of construction contractors have to do. Order deadline is this, then if its late by set time you get a discount, then if its further late additional discount then cancel. having people wait months for a prepaid product is rediculous. Yes thier specialty items made by professionals, but they should act like a professional and deliver on time. Or be honest and say were over are in over are heads and your order is not that important to us, here is your money back. That would be more professional
        Last edited by Wilson GTS; 08-17-2013, 12:15 AM.

Comment

One thing all these guys need to learn to do is to communicate... I'd say vendors overall in this industry get a C plus at best for communication but that is an industry wide issue not a Ghost Ride issue. yes there are some better than others like Fright Props I'd say they are pretty organized group just as an example. Scarefactory is suppose to be the biggest animation supplier but I've called and emailed him several times and send text again today... NO REPLY!

I'm going on a limb here... I am seriously consider NEVER ordering ANYTHING no matter how much I like something from ANY company that can't return my phone calls, or at least send me a quick email to tell me whats up. Yes I agree some of these guys are ridiculous...

I do know and realize however that guys like Mike over at Ghost Ride are WORKING DAILY and NIGHTLY trying to get stuff done. But that shouldn't stop them from returning emails... returning phone calls or sitting on the phone with you guys all day won't help them get your stuff done.

I don't take calls about orders people make on our supply store... I don't have time for it. I tell every single one of these people who call to either call Patti or send me an email with their order, their address, and I will get to the bottom of it via email. I spend every day I wake up answering emails and every night before I go to bed sending emails.

NO CUSTOMER OF OURS doesn't get an answer the same day they ask... ALL VENDORS can or should be able to do the same. I do know like I said talking on the phone all day won't get anything done. I don't take many phone calls anymore maybe 10% of the calls I get I answer...

I do answer all emails though and so should all these guys.

But getting back to Ghost Ride no way will I believe even for a second that he would screw anyone... never will happen! He's a stand up guy 110%... just will never happen. Do they have flaws sure, so does all the guys out there... but never will Ghost Ride screw over anyone.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I have to agree about Ghost Ride coming through. I was in a bind last year and put a late order in and they came through for us without a hitch. I wouldn't hestitate ordering from them again. But sorry to hear your having such issues.

Rob
            Fairbanks Asylum

Comment

Larry that is not true I had a issue with a DVD order with your company right after Jim took a little leave from there and you are the one that called me back and got it resolved. Well you made Patti resolve it actually. But I have never had a problem with you at least answering your phone and I know you are busy, but you do answer. I wish that people would realize that just a answer would be nice even if it is to say it won't make it for this season, at least you can make other plans. Doug has it a little easier he does not sell it unless he has it and you know it's on back order the day after you place a order. We don't order things that you run to another Wallmart and pick up if it does not show so the sooner you know the faster you can replace it with a alternative. Larry you seam to be close to Mike at Ghostride maybe you could give him a call and ask to check the forum out so he may update people about their prop order. I know if this was Gore Galore that Kevin is on here regularly and would address the questions.
              Phatman

Comment

Ghostride will come through

I'm a small guy and placed a decent order with Ghost ride 2 years ago. The stuff came in mixed batches but all showed up. The last pieces showed up the day we opened. Mike knew the day I needed it and it showed that day. I'm not saying communication is great, I'm saying they will come through.

Buck
                Capt.Chaos
                Fear Asylum Haunted House
                Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

As for me returning your phone call I do appreciate you saying that... so let me correct myself. I've heard a few irate voice mails or panic filled emails and I call those people back asap and yes you are right I insist someone fixes the problem. When someone emails me a problem I make sure someone resolves it asap... if someone pays for something they should get what they paid for when they want it. I want everyone to be happy...

I must say my level of communicating with customers between myself and Patti is 8 or 9 on a scale of 1 to 10... I think the average in this industry is probably a 6 or a 7. I've said this so many times I can't count but vendors need someone to do nothing but answer the phone like Gore Galore he has someone who talks to customers maybe not himself but someone... when the summer times comes hire someone to do nothing but communicate with buyers problem solved.

But I will say again Ghost Ride is a first class company and I'll stake my life on that one.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

All I have to say I really want one of their animated "mules" aka their take on the walking dead jawless walkers....those were SWEET at the show. Lol.

These guys are big enough to afford a secretary. Or atlest a cell phone that they can answer when people make threads about how unhappy they are... I dunno.

Comment

All companies have their own unique challenges to deal with. I don't have any information on the complaints that have been raised here with GRP. I have known Michael for 10 years and have never known him to be anything but a stand up guy.

Regarding the vendor communication side conversation: It's pretty important that your customers know you are there for them! For my company it makes the most sense to correspond via e-mail. For one thing, we have answered a majority of the questions before and can simply direct customers to documents. These can sometimes be technical and hard to describe over the phone. We pretty much have zero time to chit chat on the phone this time of year

Doug.
                      www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                      [Google+] [YouTube]
                      [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X