Permablood... Toxic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permablood... Toxic?

Just wondering if anyone knew of any health concerns in relation to dealing with Permablood produced by Pale Night Productions. I have heard on a couple accounts of the stuff being toxic if it gets onto your skin. I know of course that is not the intended purpose of such a product, but would like to know either way. I have used it on the past on costumes and such but never thought I was putting myself in harms way.

Anyone have any insight on this?
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

I don't know but we are now producing a better version that is actually has UV protection so you can use it outside. We have it for sale on Haunted House Supplies .com but we are not marketing it yet until after the Halloween season. If anyone wants our blood let me know... we are also making a puke paint and a slime paint all doing the same thing leaving a shinning finish even when dry.

Our blood paint will be much cheaper than what everyone else is selling as far as I know. There are several companies selling blood paint including FX Warehouse they in fact where the first company to sell it. Either way let me know if you need some and we'll whip it up for ya!

We have it listed on our site at $75.00 per gallon but it might end up being a bit more but I'm not positive. Either way you can order it on our site and we'll send it to you for that price... until we have it figured out what exactly we are going to sell it for!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Gee Larry, thanks for turning this post into an ad for your new product. :roll:

Anyone ELSE have any possible insight?
      Zach Wiechmann
      www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

LOL, that what i was thinking

Comment

I'm not trying to turn it into an ad... we use a product that sure you can pour all over your hands however it will dry right on your hands. Its not going to kill you otherwise it couldn't' be sold... you throw out words like Toxic and I don't think any of these thing like really toxic. Paint, gasoline, ummm you name it and it can all be something harmful ... in other words I'm saying don't drink it and I'm sure you'll be fine!

But I was just letting you know about our new product we releasing... we have already been shipping the stuff. So I'm letting you know we have it available if you want it and its UV protected and works like a charm. But to answer your questions specifically no I don't think its toxic like acid melting your car. Again don't drink it and I'm sure you'll live! LOL You can't buy the stuff that goes into the paints if it was toxic or could kill someone. I think even thinking its toxic is reading to much into it. The bottom line is its made with a urethane so yes it will stick to whatever you apply it to and it will be hard to get off your hands. But its not toxic.

I worked a bit more on our price and I think will come right in at $99.00 per gallon or $475 for five gallons... and trust me it will be the best offered. The chemicals we use cost over $60.00 per gallon to get that UV protection. And btw... who cares if someone promotes something because that is how we all learn about new things available to us! That is what gets us further ahead!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

I started a thread last year on this!

To answer your question on if perma blood is toxic the answer is no! Kip posted on my thread. I was letting other haunted house owners know that actors were using it as a blood makeup substitute. The thing that is toxic and dangerous to be using is some of the chemicals these actors are using on there skin to remove it after taking bathes in it! Acetone, gasoline, brake fluid, all of these are toxic and over certain periods seep into your pours and can affect your liver and other organs. Not trying to rehash this because this was a big debate last year i had with many actors ect. I believe i won the debate and discussion. There are other great makeups and blood out there! I dont know what would posses anyone to put this on your skin! That wasnt its made purpose anyway its for props and scene distressing. Thats all i have to say!
            Damon
            www.frightmasters.weebly.com
            Damon Carson

Comment

Used this year with no issues

Hi guys,

I used perma blood quite a bit this season so far. Got it all over my hands while using throughout rooms and had no adverse effects.

Comment

Just to clarify a couple things...

Perma-Blood is non-toxic. This is an important term for everyone to understand. Perma-Blood is the only permanent blood paint in our industry that is qualified as non-toxic. Basically, Perma-Blood contains no harmful chemicals of any kind and is considered to be an art material, not a paint, which means it conforms to ASTM D-4236 (a labelling standard for art materials) and can be labelled as non-toxic. Any paint, including all other permanent blood paints, are not art materials and can not be called non-toxic. Most, if not all, contain some amount of harmful chemicals, even if in very small quantities, and many have to list said ingredients as potential carcinogens in several states. If you're curious, just ask for an MSDS from the manufacturer to be sure. We have posted ours before...but it's always available if anyone wants a copy.

And, while we're all on the subject of marketing our particular products, let me remind you all that Perma-Blood is not only the haunt industry's favorite and best blood paint, but it was also used in the hit film Zombieland, was used on the The Walking Dead, and is currently being used by Eli Roth on his current production...and he's using it by the BUCKET! Haunters and Hollywood agree...if you want rich red color, gloosy finish, flexibility, and water resistance you want Perma-Blood.

Perma-Blood 2012! (LOL)
                Kip Polley
                www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                We Engineer Fear

Comment

I would agree with Kip that everything is harmful from the soda you drink to the air you breath. Like I said you don't want to drink it I'm sure you will die! LOL.

Back to the marketing aspect... we are selling our own version of blood paint and it will come in different styles including chunky blood paint, and regular blood paint and it will be the ONLY blood paint that is UV protection meaning you can use it outside and it won't lose its shine plus it will be the cheapest blood paint on the market at $99.00 per gallon!

In addition to that folks... we are going to be selling PUKE PAINT yes sound gross but yes PUKE PAINT! You paint PUKE right onto your sets and it will look like glossy puke paint. We will also offer slime paint, you paint this on and it will look like slime just dripped everywhere.

We are coming out with these products to fall in line with our how to detail videos... so our next video will showcase how to gore up everything and we'll be using all the new paints! Our new direction will help you detail your haunted house better so we are coming out with all kinds of detail products including rust paints, how to dvd's and so much more.

We'll have all this stuff available at the Transworld Show in March. We are already shipping the blood paint $99.00 per gallon!

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

What a cut-throat industry! LOL! I'm sensing a VERY minute bit of inner-industry animosity...nevertheless, I don't think Kip has much to worry about. Just seems like Halloween Productions is becoming the Wal-Mart of the haunt industry.
                    O'Shawn McClendon
                    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Just FYI... the permanent blood paint was first introduced by FX Warehouse, and its called Permanent Blood additionally they are the ones who sell the blood powder. So if you want you can call them up directly and order the blood powder and you can make your own. We are NOT trying to become the Walmart of the industry, rather what we have been focusing on since day one was trying to help people detail their haunted house. So everything we come out with help you detail your haunted house including vac form, very original I might add, stuff that will help put your haunt over the top in our opinion! Secondly we will offer videos, paints, and FX that go along with the vac form to help you create amazing detailed rooms for your haunted house.

I have a crew of people who want to work just like everyone else's crew... so we specialize in detailing haunted houses, and creating custom FX so that is what we'll focus on! I hope you get a chance to make to transworld and see everything we are going to bring... it will be very original and very different and presented in a way no one has ever tried before.

So hopefully when everything we do is laid out you'll like how we can help you detail your haunted house!

Basically what we are trying to do is take our how to detail videos off the screen and offer you things that can help your haunted house achieve the detail you desire!

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

made our own

We made a bunch of realistic blood using Hi-gloss polyurethane and red and blue paint pigment, just ask the paint guy at the depot, he filled a 1qt can for us for a great price. Add lots of red to the sealer, and a hint of blue, paint it on, then streak a little extra blue in it, top it off with coffee grounds and you have a winner for about $20 a gallon!!

Al

Comment

Yeah the chemical we are using cost about $50.00 per gallon roughly and its UV protection and gives that really shinny blood look when dry and it look very REAL! The blood powder from FX Warehouse cost about $30 bucks per jar... you don't use it all but as you can see the chemicals we are using are a lot more than that. If it works for you I say more power to ya... post some pictures of what the final results look like. I would love to see it!!!

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Working...
                          X