Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ethical Question for a Vendor...What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethical Question for a Vendor...What would you do?

What would you do?

I know a vendor who was supplying a haunted house with about 30,000.00 in items
    (buyer has deep pockets and already made a deposit on double the items for the following year). They were personally to be delivered by the vendor to the haunted house on opening night as the buyer requested.

Anyhow, when arriving there, everything was unloaded but the owner was out of hand drunk. He is the only one in charge of a bunch of kid actors.

Long story short - After returning back home the vendor refunded the deposit & e mailed the buyer and stated he no longer wanted him as a customer and he should be ashamed to endanger kids that way.

Vendor turned down a good paying customer with a double order next year.

What would you have done???????

Who would keep the money?

You would be very surprised to hear who the vendor is, but was told not to say.

All I can say, he did the right thing (ethical), but shot himself in the foot at the same time.

Stew

Originally posted by Darksidestew View Post
    . . . but the owner was out of hand drunk. He is the only one in charge of a bunch of kid actors.

All I can say, he did the right thing (ethical), but shot himself in the foot at the same time.
    Perhaps, but then, at the same time, you have to wonder how long that haunter will be around if he is incurring that kind of liability. He might very well self-select himself out of the equation.

C.

Comment

I think hee right did the right thing! Good for him some might think it was a bad move finacially but your ethics have to come into play at some point and nice to see that some still have them when it comes to doing the right thing over making a profit.
      Senior Operator of Forest Of Fear at The Utica Zoo
      Visions Of Fear Productions

Comment

Bad mojo

I agree he made the right choice. That vendor will be able to sleep at night, while the business owner .... .well he has no conscience so it doesnt matter. I have seen many business owners go right down the tubes for ethics ..... its bad Karma if you believe in Karma.
        Travis "Big T" Russell
        President
        Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
        X