Thrillvania Thrill Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    So is insanity scream park much better than thrillvania then? Havent seen your haunt crack any top lists unlessim missing something.

DA
    Insanity Scream Park was recently conceived and not even a done deal yet, I do not have a haunt currently.

Anyway, the best haunt I HAVE EVER BEEN TO was never listed... it was called the Edge Of Madness. Does that mean they weren't good? THEY WERE AMAZING!
    INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Lets keep it civil.
      We don't traditionally have reviews here. because they are opinions there is no point in debating them. One person says "I like this, and don't like that" how can you possibly say that is untrue? I have no doubt that shredman went there, there is no cause to doubt the claim. He did not trash the haunt he only said that he was disappointed, which is an opinion so it cant be refuted.
      There is no industry benefit of a haunt review, a collection of reviews could sway an opinion or at least public opinion but one lone review does little save for the close friends of the reviewer. I do not want to see a trend of reviews on here unless they have their own forum. I like info, not opinions.
      but that, is my opinion.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

here is an opinion...i think it is bad for this industry to have haunts on top haunt list that dont live up the that title..
        btw mostly for me personally..that doesn't mean scare techniques..although crap is crap...but
        places that dont have a sprinklers or has patrons walking up and down stairs..especially narrow ones without 4 in spaced hand rails to keep youngsters from falling ....or are not wheelchair accessible...or with halls that are too narrow according to building code....especially with unfinished 2x4 studs sticking out along the length of it...seems to be standard in soo many haunts.. .things that have been determined by the writers of code books to be unsafe for this industry.
        and then they are deemed to be the best this industry by this industry...??
        good stuff and is a huge over site when making these so called top lists...and why would it matter if lets say the haunt has been around for many years before these codes existed...
        or if they happen to have a fire marshal that doesn't do his job...we as an professional industry should recognize these problems..and not reward them...
        has nothing to do with thrillvania or any other haunt specific...just a problem i see in this industry that takes from the creditability of us all , that are care full to follow the new laws even if the officials don't....

kinda reminds me about what netherworld just went though with fire retardant products....if something is illegal to use in a haunt by law and cant be made to adhere to the law...then why is it ok to be sold at our conventions and sold to haunts around the country...?? ....as an industry we should be at the forefront of doing what is right for this industry....and have standards that apply across the board..and we should adhere to the laws that should bind us all together.....hence the true reason to have an organized organization like iappa
        just another opinion
        in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
        www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

Opinions aside,

For anyone who asks why anyone get's titled "The Top..."Anything, is PAYING to be "The Top". It's a marketing strategy.

For what is it, $3,000?, you can have Larry feature your haunt in a magazine.

For $250-1500(??) you can be ranked anywhere from FIRST to THIRD on Hauntworld or HauntedHouses.com for YOUR STATE

And that's just what Larry does.

All these TV haunts (I'm now sure who does those) are also ENTIRELY paid advertisements. Nothing more than who bids the highest to be told on a national level that they are "THE TOP" "THE BEST". HGTV doesn't just go to you for no reason and show a makeover, nor the Travel Channel or Comcast's FEARnet.

The general public has NO idea that that is true. And some of us in the haunt industry apparently don't know that either.

Some of the BEST haunts out there, NONE of us will ever hear of or go to because they don't know how to market or are completely independent and self sustaining.

So PLEASE do not FIGHT or ARGUE over who is on the TOP list of anything in this industry, it isn't worth it, these are the people who are VERY smart and wealthy business professionals who know how to market and can shell out the dough to do so. You can have a totally crappy haunt, but if you get everyone to come to yours and only yours with your great marketing, you can get away with lowering the standard and making a TON of money. It's sad, but it's reality, it's a bummer to the haunters like myself who really enjoy the art and fun of it all to not do so well because our budgets can't compete with the big guys, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun and just realize it's nothing personal, these guys are just better at marketing than us, plain and simple.

That's all I have to say lol, I don't wanna get tangled up in the argument, just wanted to point out how haunts make those lists. Now can't we all just get along? lol

Anddddd GOODNIGHT!

PSPSPS: Posted pics to my screampark build thread, feel free to look at them haha (shameless self promotion....sorry!)

Comment

Originally posted by badass View Post
            here is an opinion...i think it is bad for this industry to have haunts on top haunt list that dont live up the that title..
            btw mostly for me personally..that doesn't mean scare techniques..although crap is crap...but
            places that dont have a sprinklers or has patrons walking up and down stairs..especially narrow ones without 4 in spaced hand rails to keep youngsters from falling ....or are not wheelchair accessible...or with halls that are too narrow according to building code....especially with unfinished 2x4 studs sticking out along the length of it...seems to be standard in soo many haunts.. .things that have been determined by the writers of code books to be unsafe for this industry.
            and then they are deemed to be the best this industry by this industry...??
            good stuff and is a huge over site when making these so called top lists...and why would it matter if lets say the haunt has been around for many years before these codes existed...
            or if they happen to have a fire marshal that doesn't do his job...we as an professional industry should recognize these problems..and not reward them...
            has nothing to do with thrillvania or any other haunt specific...just a problem i see in this industry that takes from the creditability of us all , that are care full to follow the new laws even if the officials don't....

kinda reminds me about what netherworld just went though with fire retardant products....if something is illegal to use in a haunt by law and cant be made to adhere to the law...then why is it ok to be sold at our conventions and sold to haunts around the country...?? ....as an industry we should be at the forefront of doing what is right for this industry....and have standards that apply across the board..and we should adhere to the laws that should bind us all together.....hence the true reason to have an organized organization like iappa
            just another opinion
            Building codes (and fire codes for that matter) are NOT universal across the country, so it's really not fair to imply that a haunt is not following codes, simply because they are different from what you may be used to. Having built inside a major city and the suburbs of one, the requirements were completely different. If you go way out in the county (and we have quite a few here in Texas) the requirements change again. Pyro may be permitted in the county-but you can pretty well forget it in the metropolitan areas here. ADA compliance may not be a requisite...but most haunts that are not, list this information on their web page.

To suggest that an attraction isn't taking safety seriously, because they are working under different guidelines really isn't fair. Or accurate. And I've stood on my little soapbox for a dozen years that fire safety should be universally enforced-so it's not that I'm in favor of "slipping something by".

Just my .02
            Kathryn DeSautell
            Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

Comment

Katherine..
              u missed my point...i suggested that this industry have standards before giving the title of top to a haunt..
              if a haunt is on a top list then it is implied that it excels on every level...barring what ever their situation is..
              we all know or should know what the international codes are...if they are being enforced or adopted is not the issue...
              we as an industry put a stamp on it as one of the best this industry has to offer....and that's what the top haunts should be..the best this industry has to offer..

scream for a dream...
              haunted hooch has made every top list there is...and been in every haunt related magazine..including many more then just haunt related...
              and we have never paid to be on one list or in one magazine....not saying what u said is untrue...i have heard some of the same things...just saying these prices have not been applied to the Hooch...
              nor would we ever pay to be on such a list...seems like 13 hour had a list n wanted paid to be on it....and we said no thanks
              in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
              www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

Working...
              X