Shot in the Dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot in the Dark

OK... so after several phone calls and basically giving up and resigning myself to the fact that I would have to call my credit card and get a refund my horn finally arrived this morning. Great right! WRONG! Opened the box and in it was a piece of crap. Wires disconnected, lights not working, horn that is WAY below the quality of what they were showing at the booth in St. Louis and not near as loud and for $380 bucks not even a battery charger?!! WTF is wrong with these people? Im making a shirt that says Shot in the Dark SUCKs and wearing it to the next show. Anyone who is thinking about buying from them... dont. Email me instead and I will send you as many pics and info as you need to make your own piece of crap and it wont cost you near as much.

Sorry to hear about your experience with them. Be sure to visit their vendor profile on in the new Vendor Review directory on Hauntersdigest.com and rate them. Let others know what you experienced. http://www.hauntersdigest.com/vendor...k-scare-tools/
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Originally posted by MovieRelics View Post
      Sorry to hear about your experience with them. Be sure to visit their vendor profile on in the new Vendor Review directory on Hauntersdigest.com and rate them. Let others know what you experienced. http://www.hauntersdigest.com/vendor...k-scare-tools/
      Along with Flavorus, apparently. I also wouldn't be surprised if Pickle volunteered to moderate some of your pages.

Btw, why does SITD have such a good rating? I've only ever heard that they suck.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
        Along with Flavorus, apparently. I also wouldn't be surprised if Pickle volunteered to moderate some of your pages.

Btw, why does SITD have such a good rating? I've only ever heard that they suck.

C.
        Hey BrotherMysterio,

Sorry, but Pickle nor any other 3rd parties moderate any of our vendor profiles or anything else on HauntersDigest.com. We don't take money for promoting vendor profiles or altering their ratings. Those ratings are based on the reviews of the people that take a few seconds to rate and post their experiences with that vendor good or bad. If that vendor has a good or bad rating, that's because that's what people have voted them. If you've had a bad experience with them, then please feel free to visit their profile and post that feedback and rating. Looking at the profile for SITD, their rating is at 3.4 out of 5 which I wouldn't say is that great.

We've just posted a vendor profile for Flavorus as well at http://www.hauntersdigest.com/vendor/flavorus/. So if anyone has had a experience with them, good or bad, please visit their profile and rate them.

The only way that anyone will know about a vendor being a great or poor vendor is by former customers taking a moment to rate them to help others either avoid them or encourage them to feel safe doing business with them. And that company is free to post any reply's to feedback on their profiles. We like to only promote those Vendors that have 5 stars and a great reputation. We do that as a reward to those vendors that take pride in their service and products. Not because someone paid us to or for any other reason.
        Last edited by MovieRelics; 09-30-2012, 10:41 AM.
        News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
        Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Wait a minute...

Hey,
          How'd I get drug into this? I never had any dealings with SITD...but unfortunately their customer service is looking a little questionable but I can't speak from experience since I've had none with them. While customer service & communication are pet peeves of mine (not just the haunt/vendor biz but ALL biz) please don't drag me into any additional forum "fights" I have enough on my plate dealing with these DUMB TV shows!!! LMAO

P.

("P" = Pickle / NOT Pickel)
          Jim Pashley
          The FEAR FACTORY
          www.thefearfactorynj.com
          855-NJ HAUNT
          sigpic
          "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

Comment

Originally posted by pickle View Post
            Hey,
            How'd I get drug into this? I never had any dealings with SITD...but unfortunately their customer service is looking a little questionable but I can't speak from experience since I've had none with them. While customer service & communication are pet peeves of mine (not just the haunt/vendor biz but ALL biz) please don't drag me into any additional forum "fights" I have enough on my plate dealing with these DUMB TV shows!!! LMAO

P.

("P" = Pickle / NOT Pickel)

LOL, sorry about that Pickle.

Comment

Got ours .....

After months of waiting ours showed up, in pieces in a box, bent, lights fallen off, it made a soft sick dying sound, it seemed very different from what we saw at the show too. I really wanted to have a horn or two out there so I went over to pep boys and picked up an auto air horn for about $40 and hooked it up to one of our lesser preforming air cannons(with lower pressure of course). It worked great!! I had the 12v compressor that came with the pep boys air horn laying around so i switched it out with the one that came with the Shot in the Dark unit....Now it sounds like the one I ordered...lol

still not thrilled with the way our order arrived though.

Comment

I almost ordered the spark gloves from them in August and I'm glad I didn't now. This isnt the first time I've heard bad things about them.
                ~Bill Mlinac
                The Deadland Haunted House
                www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

I thought it took penicilin to cure SITD's?
                  sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

my spark gloves came without velcro straps he knows. My flame thrwer sucks we havent even used it not what i saw on the floor, Should have gone with my gute feeling on the show floor. Whoevr that guy was on the floor that told me how good these guys were must have been there friend. BUYER BEWARE

Comment

We ordered one of the clown crazy models back when they first started. Through some trouble and tough it was last minute we did get our horn and it has held up ever since. I haven't tried ordering anything else though in awhile so they have may have changed since.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieRelics View Post
                        Sorry, but Pickle nor any other 3rd parties moderate any of our vendor profiles or anything else on HauntersDigest.com.
                        I'm not sure about the "sorry" part, but I didn't suggest that you did. I just thought that if you did, it would be amusing if Pickle signed on to be a mod, since he unfortunately knows all to well about how a lot of these vendors can totally fall down on the job and not deliver. I thought it amusing and merely made an off-hand comment. I'm surprised it was taken with such gravitas. (I feel honored. LOL!)

Originally posted by pickle View Post
                        Hey, How'd I get drug into this?
                        You didn't. I made a droll joke. Of course, if I ever wanted a guest blogger to talk about what it is to be a quality vendor, and what is expected of a quality vendor, you'd be my first choice.

C.

Comment

Lol

LOL! no worries.

P.
                          Jim Pashley
                          The FEAR FACTORY
                          www.thefearfactorynj.com
                          855-NJ HAUNT
                          sigpic
                          "WE MANUFACTURE NIGHTMARES"

Comment

OK so I emailed them and left a message about how to return it... Surprise Surprise no response. I did try the horn out last night in the dark maze we have. It wasn't even loud enough to scare anyone. $400 and it is a POS.

Comment

these idiots should be boycotted and refused entry to the next show.

something has to be done about these constant ripoff vendors. I'm just a haunt fan, but I feel your pain. I hate getting ripped off like anyone else. To hell with all of these losers. keep posting !!! hopefully, somebody will take care of them.........

Comment

Working...
                              X