REAL problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is loco.

Do your actors know to be on the look out for the yo-yos?
    Do they have radios or some form of communication so that you all can let each other know where the yo-yos strike?

Do you have a local martial arts school? Usually, you can find some Halloween-loving martial artists at your local dojo or dojang. Explain the situation and ask for volunteers to help. They get the chance to (hopefully) practice some restraint techniques until the police get there. And their presence makes your actors feel safer. I totally would have volunteered for that when I was doing the martial arts thing.

Just my $0.02

Comment

In a roundabout way you just recommended hiring Ninjas.
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Why yes. I kind of did. And I stand by the suggestion, doggone it!

I wonder what other problems could potentially be solved via ninjas?

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
          In a roundabout way you just recommended hiring Ninjas.
          Originally posted by mandible View Post
          Why yes. I kind of did. And I stand by the suggestion, doggone it!
          "Haunts" and "Ninjas" on the same forum . . . does life get any sweeter than that!?!

Originally posted by mandible View Post
          I wonder what other problems could potentially be solved via ninjas?
          I've often wondered the same thing. (Way too much free time on my hands.)

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
          Last year they reached thru a prop, grabbed an actor’s hair and pulled her head into the wall!!
          Yeah, that's no longer a matter of hooligans pulling pranks on private property. That's criminal assault. That's a whole new kettle of fish. Especially if that girl is underage and they are over 18. I'm not an attorney, but I'm sure a legal adult causing assault and injury to a minor is probably a really big no-no, especially if it's male-on-female aggression.

C.

Comment

I'm with BrotherMysterio on this one... If they've physically assaulted one of your actors, that's a whole different ball game !
            Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

update?

Can we get an update on this situation? Have they come back? Is everyone ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Marr Branch View Post
                00 Buckshot over the top of the head works great
                I have experienced Double Alt going over my head. It did not take long to figure out I was in the wrong place.
                I guess no one on these forums knows what buckshot is. Are you all city boys?

Comment

Rock salt baby

I may be born in the city, but I certainly know what buckshot is. Kept my guns loaded with it ..... and I wasnt deer hunting! LOL In Los Angeles a lot of places used rock salt. Hurt like hell and made a horrible noise - that was always a great deterrent to trespassers.
                  Travis "Big T" Russell
                  President
                  Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Update

put up two soloar powerd motion sensor lights in problem area $74.00 each hierd an off duty deputy to walk woods $25 hr. so far no problems but it was a rain out here last Friday so we were only open one day, will know more this weekend.

Comment

Chances are this is a one time drunken escapade that isn't going to be repeated for fear of getting caught. All the same if they are really agressive, it wouldn't be too tough to disable the sensors during the day when no one is there. Might have watched them being installed. So every night you have to make sure they still work.

I thought NInjas only made $2 a day so that should be like 12 ninjas and one yappy ninja poodle for $25 per day. Of course being the people person that I am, I would be telling this security guard that this is his comparative expected performance. No just hanging out in the woods half a sleep waiting for the motion sensors to report. There needs to be constant hopping from tree to tree making that swooshing noise Ninjas make when they are being totally stealthy.
                      Last edited by Greg Chrise; 10-11-2012, 09:03 AM.
                      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Originally posted by BigT View Post
                        I may be born in the city, but I certainly know what buckshot is. Kept my guns loaded with it ..... and I wasnt deer hunting! LOL In Los Angeles a lot of places used rock salt. Hurt like hell and made a horrible noise - that was always a great deterrent to trespassers.
                        I was going to recommend rock salt or bird shot...
                        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

I know that we are just joking, but just so we are clear, discharging a firearm, regardless of what it is loaded with. Could be rock salt, or jelly beans, is still considered deadly force. Pepper spray would be a much better option. In most states deadly force can only be used to prevent death or serious bodily harm. I would hate to see someone get in a whole lot of trouble for doing something that they thought was legal. It is not.
                          www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Goff View Post
                            I know that we are just joking, but just so we are clear, discharging a firearm, regardless of what it is loaded with. Could be rock salt, or jelly beans, is still considered deadly force. Pepper spray would be a much better option. In most states deadly force can only be used to prevent death or serious bodily harm. I would hate to see someone get in a whole lot of trouble for doing something that they thought was legal. It is not.
                            You must be a yankee cause down here in the South shooting trespassers is the default.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfoos View Post
                              You must be a yankee cause down here in the South shooting trespassers is the default.
                              True, I am a yankee. I would urge you to take a look at your attorney generals website. There are but a few states that allow the use of deadly force for protecting property. I believe that Texas is the only state that allows deadly force for tresspassers. Believe it or not, until a few years ago, most states did not even have a self defense law, instead they had a duty to retreat law. Things have changed, most people think that they know what they can and can not do. Most people are wrong.
                              www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

in thinking more on your situation I remembered these. Put them near obvious paths and use them like a tripwire alarm. cheap and loud.
                                http://www.opentip.com/Electronics/P...FRSSPAodv1wA3w
                                www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                                X