Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online Ticketing, is there a market for this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Ticketing, is there a market for this.

We are a small operation in a small town with a lot of talent. We have never used online ticket processing companies. I have felt that a 5%-10% mark up, however that gets distributed, is just too much for these types of lower price events. A buck or two goes down pretty easy for a $30+ event but it is a lot on a $13 event. So, I have always provided my own online ticketing system. This year, the code is being rewrote from the ground up to provide a cleaner stand alone product that can be integrated into any web site. I help run a few events throughout the year, so I wanted it to be easily transferable.
    Our system allows for at home voucher printing with personalized tickets and bar or QR codes that can be scanned to a mobile device to authenticate the ticket..

I am curious how those of you who use processing companies function. Do the guests actually print a usable ticket at home (Im guessing bar code or QR verifiable), or do they exchange for a ticket. at the ticket booth? They systems seem very slick, but I was curious about the end user experience.
    Do any of you use some analytics that might be provided with the system?
    What have you found useful?
    Some companies offer full POS integration, have any of you gone that far with one of these services.

I know we are all crazy busy at this point, I don’t think that it’s just me running a sleep defecate, so maybe this is a question for late November/December.

The ultimate question for me is if you had a simple system that can be easily graphically customized to your show and integrated easily into your website, would this stand alone product be worth a few hundred.dollars.
    Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
    Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
    2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

I would say there is a market, it will be difficult to not be swallowed up by the larger companies.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

It's respectable and admirable for understanding that a 5-10% fee is just too much for smaller events. I wish you well and would definitely revisit this AFTER October haha, forming full sentences is tough enough as it is right now, never mind organizing intelligent thoughts lol!

Comment

I don't think there is enough money there for a larger company. The concept is for smaller events and venues. I originally started looking to buy a product like this a few years back but came up short, so just did my own thing. This time around its a little slicker, so I thought there might be a chance to have a sideline to the haunt business.
        And, yes, coherent sentences are in short supply. Heck, I don't know why I'm complaining, we dont open till the 12th
        Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
        Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
        2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

I think it depends the price you charge and the amount of people that come. We started online sales this year and we are VERY happy with the results in our first weekend opening.

Comment

Working...
          X