Venting... Thanks for listening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venting... Thanks for listening

So we open on Friday. Of course were not ready. I can't walk 6 ft without tripping on something. My staff leaves whatever they use right on the floor when they are done. I'm out of wall panels. And I just spent 30 minutes walking all over my haunt looking for what I had 9 hours ago and can't find it. I would have been done 2 weeks ago if I didn't spend half my time looking for crap. I have hit the wall and the wall won. Thanks for listening. I'm going to bed.

Buck "crying like a pussy" zzzzzzz
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

You certainly aren't the only one dealing with this garbage. I've noticed that some employees lack the passion and refuse to take pride in their work. Quite upsetting. Stay strong, and push through this. Remember, YOU are the boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Chaos View Post
      So we open on Friday. Of course were not ready. I can't walk 6 ft without tripping on something. My staff leaves whatever they use right on the floor when they are done. I'm out of wall panels. And I just spent 30 minutes walking all over my haunt looking for what I had 9 hours ago and can't find it. I would have been done 2 weeks ago if I didn't spend half my time looking for crap. I have hit the wall and the wall won. Thanks for listening. I'm going to bed.

Originally posted by NightmareAftershockLLC View Post
      You certainly aren't the only one dealing with this garbage. I've noticed that some employees lack the passion and refuse to take pride in their work. Quite upsetting. Stay strong, and push through this. Remember, YOU are the boss.
      Word.

11th hour is always the most daunting, and it is usually the darkest before the dawn, but the dawn is coming.

Keep the Faith.

C.

Comment

sounds perfectly normal to me.

your right on track...

stew

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Chaos View Post

I feel like I'm looking into a mirror.

:P

Comment

Don't worry buck!! We are in the same boat!

We open Thursday and the last of our fire retardant came in today and we ha to tear down two weeks ago, xonstruction on our 5200sqft haunt started a little over a week ago. With an all volunteer staff we repainted everything and had to rush order all new printed media. Yikes!

We open Thursday, our final inspection is Four hours before we open!

I can't sympathize with your stress enough but it will all pay off soon!! Almost done! Just keep at it buddy!!

Comment

Us vendors feel the pain too. On a recent install we did out of the country I worked for 48 hours straight only breaking to eat in order to finish on time and please the client. I have spent many sleepless nights at the haunts trying to get them ready to open and it's never fun but when you're done you'll be glad you put in the effort.
              Kip Polley
              www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
              We Engineer Fear

Comment

Thanks

I appreciate the expression. It feels good to be reminded that this is normal and I am not alone.
                Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
                Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
                2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

Buck,
                  Where you are right now is the what I call the haunt killer stage. How you deal with these moments is what makes you a haunter. These are the times when weaker men crumble and decide haunting is not for them- that is why so many haunts open only one year. Eyes on the prize.
                  Developing a "No job is finished until it is cleaned up" mantra will help, and it will take a few years to sink in.
                  From Chaos greatness is born, press on with a battle cry of "this to shall pass".
                  Best of luck to you and all my haunt brothers, I mean it from the bottom of my heart.
                  Allen H
                  www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

He's back

Ok. Thanks for all the comments. I know everyone one is in the same boat. I do not quit. Never have, never will. I just needed to vent to people who understand. Thanks my friends! It helped. Oh yeah, The 5 beers and 1 hour in the hot tub didn't hurt either. Gotta go! Where is my coffee. Back at it.

Talk soon.

Buck
                    Capt.Chaos
                    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Originally posted by allen h View Post
                      buck,
                      where you are right now is the what i call the haunt killer stage. How you deal with these moments is what makes you a haunter. These are the times when weaker men crumble and decide haunting is not for them- that is why so many haunts open only one year. Eyes on the prize.
                      Developing a "no job is finished until it is cleaned up" mantra will help, and it will take a few years to sink in.
                      From chaos greatness is born, press on with a battle cry of "this to shall pass".
                      Best of luck to you and all my haunt brothers, i mean it from the bottom of my heart.
                      Allen h
                      """""like"""""
                      Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Buck,
                        Kip and Allen have both touched on what it really is.
                        We have been tested over the last week or so also.
                        Key word is "tested".
                        But the uphill battle is just about to change.
                        Kevin R. Alvey
                        info at gore-galore.com
                        www.gore-galore.com
                        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

If there's not chaos, you're not doing it right!

I went through several years of trying to remember where I last used a specific tool or where one of my helpers left the screw gun. This year I got smart and bought one of those wheeled carts for workshops. All of my tools and miscellaneous supplies are on this cart. Zip ties, splices, tape, staples, etc. And ALL my tools. When we start on a room, the cart goes with us. It has saved me a TON of walking around looking for stuff, and even my son (the worlds worse at leaving stuff laying around) has gotten into the habit of returning tools to teh cart.

When doing theatre, we went through tis same time period and knew from experience that things would be stressful up to opening night, than things would work smoothly for a few nights, and then things would start breaking again. Kept us on our toes but we knew it was coming and it became part of the challenge!
                          Travis "Big T" Russell
                          President
                          Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

sounds normal to me!

We went through the same down here in Texas- Somehow, some way, you will get it done! As daunting as it is, things seem to fall in place!

Comment

we opened

We opened for the season on Oct.5th. We put the first group through only about 25 minutes late. Our numbers on the first 2 nights were absolutely awful. But, I know we will be swamped in the next few weeks. Like a lot of you, I am happier now that we have got passed opening night. Thanks for the comments and have a great season. Hope to see some of you guys at the Legendary haunt Tour.

Buck
                              Capt.Chaos
                              Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Working...
                              X