Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chainsaw

Howdy all!

I'm looking to use a chainsaw at our haunt. however, a saw with the chain removed is not an option my employers want to pursue do to safety issues that surround the use (heat, fumes, possibility of hair getting caught should a actor get too close, etc.). That being the case, I'm looking to build a chainsaw using an real chainsaw body, but remove the motor and replace with speakers and the proper electronics to create one that nearly as loud as the original. I don't wish to buy the garbage toys that are sold and try to pass it off as a real saw. Anyone have some ideas on how to create this unit where it's self contained and bloody loud?

-Whitey

I would start with a gore galore scream cube, it is plenty loud and with 8 different tracks the chainsaw could go through several tracks. The tech is done and that is the hard part, you just need to change the look.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
      I would start with a gore galore scream cube, it is plenty loud and with 8 different tracks the chainsaw could go through several tracks. The tech is done and that is the hard part, you just need to change the look.
      I love the idea, and was wondering the same thing, but at $549 for the cube, is there a bit more of an economical way to go? And how would you recreate the smell, without actually having burning gasoline? Sinister Scents, perhaps?

C.

Comment

I done one in my kitchen this year with a real saw. And I used the wireless a/b remote switch from frightprops . The remote is attached to the saw and I have a mp3player with a chain saw sound looping through amped speakers in the room and when I push the a button it gives me the sound of the chainsaw and the b button runs another prop in the room. Seems to be working great so far.
        Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

all great ideas. The one I'm strongly pursuing is the scream cube. I've been in contact with gore galore and we are looking at a solution together. I'll keep everyone posted.

Comment

does anyone have a video of one of the scream boxes at maximum volume running a chainsaw sound??

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamreaper View Post
              I done one in my kitchen this year with a real saw. And I used the wireless a/b remote switch from frightprops . The remote is attached to the saw and I have a mp3player with a chain saw sound looping through amped speakers in the room and when I push the a button it gives me the sound of the chainsaw and the b button runs another prop in the room. Seems to be working great so far.
              Numbers? Prices?

C.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
                And how would you recreate the smell, without actually having burning gasoline? Sinister Scents, perhaps?C.
                I know that Froggy's makes a chainsaw scent cup, the only bad thing is that the scent cup is around $25 and then the scent distributor box is another $30.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
                  Numbers? Prices?

C.
                  The A/B switch is in the new frightprops catalog around $30.00/ the mp3 player $20.00/the amp was from amazon 12v for $10.00 at the time and the speakers I picked up at yard sale for $8.00 so I done the whole scare around $70-80.00.
                  Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Working...
                  X