The Darkness Transworld ... 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Darkness Transworld ... 2013

2013 will be The Darkness 20th season of Screams! I'm being honest when I say this but I don't know how many more years I'm going to run a haunt... but this being my 20th season I'm going all out! All the new scenes are decided... and yes it will be the most spectackular stuff I've ever done ever. We are ripping out several scenes and I already have people on special FX, some of which we are going to sell at the show. We will be selling some animation/cgi FX and those same FX will be inside The Darkness. In fact either this coming Friday or next Monday we'll be filming in front of a green screen actors for the new scenes ... which will be in the new Darkness/for sale at Transworld 2013.

We are tearing out upstairs the room in front of our mansion, a library style scene, garage, a massive section of the graveyard and downstairs we are going to tear out the biggest scene we have down there... its like a jail. The stuff we are going to do most of which has never been tried before in a haunted house, so trust me when I'm telling you we are going all out here. In Terror Visions we are adding some FX and a couple other small things. Most of the work will be done to the main haunted house itself.

I don't even know how to do it yet but we'll get it done...

We will open The Darkness for Transworld we will do a behind the scenes tour and a live actor tour... we will not re-open Lemp for the show. We may do a hayride event with Greg again showcasing the zombie paint ball. So we are only doing something with Darkness for now.

We will get our website updated very soon. the website will once again be www.thedarkness.com

I'm going to get it updated sooner this year.

I appreciate all your support in the past and want everyone to know we will do this again to blow your mind, offer idea's to the industry, and because YOU are coming it makes us work harder!!! We'll do our best! I KNOW you are going to be blown away because my mind is already spinning with excitement!!! One last time we'll take photos, make videos and everything else as we go along! We will start on NOVEMBER the 4th and get REALLY serious after we get back from the IAAPA Show.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

It seems like you are constantly changing the upstairs, ever think of completely retheming the downstairs?
    Jared Layman

Comment

Honestly I'd like to rip the whole entire thing out but everything has to have a budget ... that would cost a lot of money.

So I can't do that... trust me I'd love to!

But not this year... I will eventually rip out the entire thing and have a big giant auction to sell everything down there and start from scratch!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

The downstairs is cool, I like it. I was just curious if you ever thought about retheming it. Good luck with the rebuild for the 20th year, looking forward to seeing it.
        Jared Layman

Comment

I would be interested in anything that you take out and put up for sale. Please let me know via here, or email.

Thanks and good luck with your 20th year.
          Sean Hughes - National Sales Manager
          sean@pixelpushersinc.com
          312.613.7326 Mobile
          847.550.6560 X 102 Office
          844.44.PIXEL X 102 Toll Free

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

Comment

Good point... we'll be selling a LOT of stuff come to think of it!

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

I love the theme in the downstairs the Egyptian stuff and all the snakes and animals, it's different and then upstairs is more traditional Victorian stuff it's a nice mix.

Jake

Comment

Downstairs

I love the looks of it but I would like to see more gothic cemetarys, crypts, vaults, ect. And more changes downstairs. The upstairs seems like it gets more renovations!
                Damon
                www.frightmasters.weebly.com
                Damon Carson

Comment

Larry did the gothic theme for many years I remèmber seeing it back on the videos its pretty common everyone does some of it. His current theme is quite unique maybe he could just build upon it...

Jake

Comment

I've been three years (and brought different people from my crew with each year) & the only way we're going back is if it's 100%...animations as promised, rooms as promised...everything. No excited marketing tactics promising the world...no urgency to buy tickets cause "they're selling out", because more blocks of tickets are always added. If I'm gonna shell out, imma need you to put out. Not being ugly because I love the show and respect all the work that goes into it, it just seems every year I've been there have been promises of "never before seen", "mind blowing", "oh my God you'll shit a brick" things that aren't fulfilled because 50 other ventures are going on. Best of luck.
                    O'Shawn McClendon
                    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Working...
                    X