Thursdays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursdays

Surprised I couldn’t find more in search on this!! Thursdays, trying it with my new indoor haunt. Losing my A$$ to the tune of about $1000 every night im open (employees and security) has it worked for anyone? Do I stay open the remaining Thursdays? City population around 46,000 daytime population around 100,00.

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
    Surprised I couldn’t find more in search on this!! Thursdays, trying it with my new indoor haunt. Losing my A$$ to the tune of about $1000 every night im open (employees and security) has it worked for anyone? Do I stay open the remaining Thursdays? City population around 46,000 daytime population around 100,00.
    Go to the websites of all the major haunts in your area and see what they do. They usually have the schedules posted. The larger, more established haunts, with returning clientele, usually will have one or two more Thursdays than say a haunt that is not so quite established, since they know their customer base, and know what kind of traffic to expect. That being said, I usually only see most haunts open on Thursdays on or about Halloween or the weekend of. You don't often see haunts open on Thursdays for the full run.

Is absolutely no-one showing up or something? Or is it just really low traffic? You might consider reserving Thursday nights for special promotions in the future, and not just count on regular traffic.

C.

Comment

Thursdays

is my $4.00 off night. group-rate night, and so on. i got 18 last night, 12 the last week. now im so darn close to the season i dont know if i should close or take a chance. need around 80 customers to make it pay.

Comment

I would not do thursdays, they are break even nights for even the biggest haunts.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

We are all volunteer for Thursday's, and every night for that matter.

Our freaks, and they're some of the best!, love acting, and have no problem showing up for Thursdays.

Last Thursday was our opening night, we have 18 people.

Last night, our second Thursday, we had 66. That's improvement enough for me.

I hope we keep that % increase for the rest of this weekend! Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
            is my $4.00 off night. group-rate night, and so on. i got 18 last night, 12 the last week. now im so darn close to the season i dont know if i should close or take a chance. need around 80 customers to make it pay.
            Well, there are one of two ways you can go with this. First, if none of your marketing mentions Thursdays, apart from a footnote saying that that is part of your operating hours, you might consider just not opening on Thursdays for the next two weeks. Of course, the fact that people have already showed up pretty much means that the word is out and that if you are closed, people will think you are closed for business. Either that, or they will just be pissed that you aren't open when you said you'd be, and you will get bad word-of-mouth.

Second, you could accept that the next two Thursdays won't be bank nights, and go ahead and use them as live dress rehearsals to check the progress of your show, and so on. Also, if you need to make changes, adjustments, and tweaks to your show, then on a slow to average night would be an ideal time to test them.

Just a thought.

C.

Comment

Working...
            X