2012 Attendance up or down so far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad

Bad year to open our first indoor haunt! our trail is at 50% of last years number. the indoor is doing about 20% of predictions!

Comment

Could be better - Could be worse

This is our first year. We are seeing somewhere around 2/3 the numbers we forcasted and needed to break even. It's so close it's impossible not to dwell on "what could we have done better to motivate them to come out?" Strangely our numbers appear to be matching our Facebook numbers almost exactly.

And then I get to hear that some of the actors who we introduced "haunting" to are saying "I can't wait to apply at Netherworld next year" which is an hour away.

It's hard not to feel a little bummed.

Comment

2012 Attendance

This year we increased our marketing by 500%, moved to a larger building (next door to our old building), built up our show by 200%, have gotten incredible reviews and yet our attendance has been way down. Needless to say we are all scratching our heads!

Comment

Local theatre with 8 screens said it was their worst Sept. ever.

So everyone was not at the movies... Believe we eneded down 25%. Which I am actually happy with considering weather we had; Tigers in World Series (LOL) and a nutjob shooting at least 24 cars the last several weeks on the two highways we are at the intersection of. large groups cancelled rather than run the gauntlet of bullets to get to us.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

wickedfarmer,

I hear ya! This has been the worste weather during haunt season that I ever remember. It has rained every weekend. Looks like we may be lucky enough to break even for the season!
            1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Revenue up, attendance up, but still slow

This has been an interesting year for us. As I mentioned in the other posts, our attendance is tricky. Overall we have had decent attendance - we will be able to show a growth rate from last year. I was not expecting to show a profit this year, or next year, but steady growth has been my goal and we are on target. Weather absolutely is a factor in this area, but rain didn't prevent many from coming out. The temps were up though; had it been colder and it would have been different.

We have one more night, and we are marketing heavily through multiple sources. It will be a real gauge for us if we get a good turnout tomorrow night.
              Travis "Big T" Russell
              President
              Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
              X