Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for some advice on a particular black light color pallete...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for some advice on a particular black light color pallete...

We are planning to change up our sewer scene next year and I'd REALLY like to change the lighting to black light repaint the walls and columns with a base of black/grey and add reactive highlights to the stones- not eye-poppingingly so, but subtle and strong.

I'm not talking about 3d chromadepth, just the appropriate sewer colors- greens, greys. blues, browns, etc.

So I guess the actual question is- can uv paint be mixed to get the desired colors, or does anyone know of a supplier that has that type of color pallete?

Thanks
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

yes, the colors can be mixed just like any other paint. You have to think about it when you are using chromadepth because you are mixing depth as well as color. yellow and blue make green, but also yellow is a far forward color and blue is the deepest color- so the two mixed become a midtone (stays on the wall) green.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks Allen. Not going for chromadepth- just a glowing effect, so at least I don't have to worry about depth issues.

So, I've used some cheap uv paints and Wildfire elsewhere- Hard to beat Wildfire for brightness, but since I'm actually going for a subdued sewery look, do you think a cheaper paint would suffice, or just stick to the spendy stuff? I have no experience with uv paint longevity- if there is such a thing.

I'm also looking for an example to help spur the look. I've got a pretty solid idea of what I want it to look like, but there is always someone out there knocking it out of the park, so to speak.
      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

So this was helpful- http://www.colorhunter.com/

Just type in whatever you'd like to paint and it'll pop out pallete suggestions...

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

In my airbrush make up DVD I show how to do that with any image, very cool to see a web site for it.
          Day Glo is the best paint out there, you can tone the colors down but it is just as easy to light it differently to get a different effect.
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Same question, but simpler version.

Same question, but simpler version.

I'm doing a room with white geometric shapes, in essence, and want a white that will really pop under UV lights (that is, glowing that electric blue we all know and love). How do I create that effect? I mean, I want really bright UV blue from the white (and the same effect other respective UV colors as well), but how I do it quickly and cost effectively? This has to be done on the cheap. I can't afford to buy any gallons of specialty paint for a pretty penny here, and wouldn't have time to if I could.

C.

Comment

my suggestion would be using a UV white paint thats premixed, BUT if you dont have time, you can do a little google searching for various household products that also produce a blueish uv glow.... i just dont know how well they would mix with paint, or how bright your finished effect would be... again.. UV white premixed paint would be the way to go here, you wouldnt need "gallons" and the stuff is pretty inexpensive.....
              -Mat

Comment

Originally posted by icarian View Post
                my suggestion would be using a UV white paint thats premixed, BUT if you dont have time, you can do a little google searching for various household products that also produce a blueish uv glow.... i just dont know how well they would mix with paint, or how bright your finished effect would be... again.. UV white premixed paint would be the way to go here, you wouldnt need "gallons" and the stuff is pretty inexpensive.....
                Good place to start. Excellent! Thanks!

C.

Comment

Working...
                X