breaks for actors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeanMassacre View Post
    we tried doing one big break and our actors took advantage of it. They would take their sweet time getting back and then the customers don't believe the fib anymore.
    Amen brother

Originally posted by SeanMassacre View Post
    The rolling breaks are the best. We do a 5 minute break at least twice a night. We run about 4 actors and are able to bring them small bottles of water and life saver mints as well. Cough drops with alcohol dry out your throat. We have lots of veteran actors that give their input.

The rolling breaks allow you to keep your haunt open and running and keep your actors happy.

This is a big thing that we always look for new ways to improve this.
    Absolutely!!!
    Tom
    Creator of the Dungeon
    WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

I have worked as a swingman in a haunt and took over 4 actor's spots for 15 minutes at a time, twice a night. I would take over the spot in room 1, then 2, then, 3, then 4, then took my own break. After an hour, I would repeat the cycle (at 8:30 and 10:30) The swingmen at the haunt worked corridors that did not necessarily need an actor. I would wear a generic costume that worked in all the rooms and only had to don a mask in one spot. We never had any issues and if an actor's break ran late, that person would have the next break cut that much shorter.

There was a small area in the back that was the break room with a cooler, cups, a fridge and microwave, and candy/salty snacks. The entire season, there was never an issue and I highly recommend swingmen to anyone...
      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
        I have worked as a swingman in a haunt and took over 4 actor's spots for 15 minutes at a time, twice a night. I would take over the spot in room 1, then 2, then, 3, then 4, then took my own break. After an hour, I would repeat the cycle (at 8:30 and 10:30) The swingmen at the haunt worked corridors that did not necessarily need an actor. I would wear a generic costume that worked in all the rooms and only had to don a mask in one spot. We never had any issues and if an actor's break ran late, that person would have the next break cut that much shorter.

There was a small area in the back that was the break room with a cooler, cups, a fridge and microwave, and candy/salty snacks. The entire season, there was never an issue and I highly recommend swingmen to anyone...
        Brilliant and practical idea.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
          I had one "roaming actor" (aka swingman) that did the same thing but for 12 actors twice a night. Had a generic mask that fit in any part of the haunt. This way that scene or room wouldn't be left without an actor. That alone was pretty much a full time job. We would start at the beginning of the haunt the first round, then start at the end of the haunt for the second round.
          Tom
          Creator of the Dungeon
          WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

Working...
          X