No announcement yet.

Unique business plan help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like a ritual in my life that I go about helping in my own odd way of trying to suggest how to do things by getting what you need and not being one of the 5 people that pop in here and tell you to buy a book. Maybe the buy a book guys are right. That's all you need to know. What are in the books are absolutely wrong unless you have a significant amount of money that you also are going to invest. The books seem to be quite simple in execution but rather are a pile of information that is not the only way to do things.

A majority of people that have haunted houses have come from people that had nothing, no real support and worked hard to get it. Some of them come off as dicks but it is because they really can't spare lots of time engaging with great numbers of would be followers that are going to take up their time.

For me he ritual of someone dissing me happens exactly this time of year. People who do not know shit or who I am or how many people I have helped totally for free as a personal passion decide I have a really sad story to tell. Too stupid to see the stories that I have had that are a tremendous success. Question right off the bat that I am anything I say I am or question what I say I have done. So that is why you aren't getting proper answers in ANY of your 28 posts except one where someone went from being a starving artist to settling in nicely in the haunt industry.

They didn't say things like wow-you talk too much. SO FUCK YOU LOSER!
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

There is some truth to the old saying, "When your elders are speaking, shut the f*ck up and listen."

What you read above is MORE than just how to write a business plan; there are secrets to success in there. At first glance, Greg's posts appear to be rambling, simply because of the sheer volume lol. But if you take the time to read and decipher the underlying attitude and positions, you will gain insight into the mind of someone who is truly self-employed. This insight is much more helpful than somebody telling you how to write a business plan.

How do I know? Well im 30 and have worked for myself since I was 22. When I went in to my bank to open a LINE OF CREDIT (first thing you should learn is don't borrow money you don't NEED to borrow; a LOC is more appropriate in many cases... personally I have never even used mine) anyway, when I went to my bank, my "business plan" consisted of a spiral notebook journal, and not even the expensive ones lol. But I knew my industry and it showed. I told them how much of my own money I was putting in, showed them my credit report, and had a sufficient LOC in case I wanted to do more.

The point? Banks don't care about your business plan unless you are talking about a multi-phase development project. Even then, I assume all they want is financial "forecasts" I believe greg was trying to help you not waste your time by focusing on thinking too much rather than making something happen. If you wanted a cut and paste answer about how to do business plans, I believe there are much more appropriate forums that you SHOULD of posted on instead.

BUT, IF you're more interested in being successful, then I suggest you do a search for Greg's posts, spend about an hour reading them and decipher the undertones, and figure out how you can incorporate the best parts into your own life. Until you've done that, id recommend you follow THIS phrase... "When GREG is talking, STFU and listen." Following the advice I gave you above has made me a smarter individual, and has helped me to think outside the box and find creative solutions on more than several occasions.

Scott

Comment

dont get mad greg. how many times have we seen some newbie do this here. let him dig his own grave by disrespecting those who try and help. we all see what kind of a jackass he is being. im assuming he wants someone to write his business plan for him so he can get a loan from the bank for his haunt dreams. we have all been there 15-20 yrs ago. after the bank laughs him out the door you wont even see him here anymore

Comment

I had so promissed myself I would stay low and not be crazy active this year and just watch the haunt markets unfold and try to see what is really happening. Instead, my passion get in the way and I'm on here in situations where I do have personal experience just to be told I'm a sad man and need counciling. Usually you only hear those phrases from drunks so how ever you have adopted that into your vernacular is bullshit one way or another or some kind of cloud you need to additionally get over. I can't help someone with issues. No one else jumped in here and said hell yes, I want to be a mentor. No one even uses those words unless you are being used somehow in a corporate situation or an academc arena.

So even in only two paragraphs of bitching about not getting what you wanted, I can tell you are totally wrong and maybe do need to do shit loads of research into how everyone has worked very hard to have something or worked very hard to have nothing but they love it. It's going to cost you thousands of dollars to travel around and visit with people to do that.

I'm currently advising a couple things totally for free because I want to see people make it. I want to see people happy and prosperous and see them get past technical issues and get around things society says you need to do.

The real funny thing is all the people that have books out there and DVDs, rarely are they actually a success or watching how it ended up for them proves to be a sad story and this book lives on telling how you too can be in a sad state of affairs but it sounds lke what society has chanted and that is the path you must take. They are wrong. But glad to see you donated $30 to someone.

YOu have a real happy halloween now.
          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

In addition to having a self employed mind set. Everyone that works for me tends to move on to better things and not because there is something wrong with me. Typically people that are struggling to develop a business, have been ripped off by some promoter over a course of years, worked for family and never got anything they were promised when the business closed, people that have retail talents and were told by the system they can't do that. People going to school, and would be otherwise unemployable or considered over qualfied or someone that would stay only for a short time and would jump if an opportunity in their own feild presented itself. So I get into these situations and disect how they were screwed. Who has told them crap that really has no authority to tell them to do anything and set them free to ultimately do better than I'm probably doing.

So I pay people, I help people for free. I study different markets and how they really work for years and years. You can watch a few episodes of Shark Tank on TV and no one comes in and distributes a business plan, they have a few minutes to explain what they are doing and what they have done so far. Not here is my application. Applications are for unemployment, welfare and Obama phones. Not getting $25,000 to $125,000 to start something. Maybe someday there will be an Obama Haunt.

Someone that has an employee mindset keeps adding sets of routines and rules that hamper productivity until they are asked to leave and find a better opportunity. People that are trying to be self employed have the freedom to set their own life style and rates of pay. So when I hear buzz words from the worlds of being subserviant and making up rules and being used, it kind of makes a red flag to me.
            sigpic

Comment

This is all pretty harsh for someone seeking advice. If I beat the crap out of my kids every time they asked a question and didn't appreciate the first answer, they would stop asking questions, and I would never be able to help them. Helping is the intention isn't it?

Comment

greg went way beyond trying to help him. the problem is we are all adults here not kids. the way i read, it was greg getting attacked for trying to help. he did not need to be a sarcastic punk with his replys to greg

Comment

Actually we are dealing here with 28 year old, married, fine artist with several degrees Sharonda Fudge. A young black woman with a web site showing her work here. http://www.sharondafudge.com/

A facebook page of the same name. http://www.facebook.com/#!/sharonda.fudge.9?fref=ts

Mentor positions are open now!
                  sigpic

Comment

Here's the deal about this forum. When someone puts up a question or problem there are a bunch of things you can do. When you see someone post something that is on your feild of knowledge you can just as easily say what ever that persons problem is it is their problem not mine. You can find a number of ways of dismissing people that aren't stating their problem correctly or you can be compasionate and just say oh dear that sounds like a problem indeed. Then there is the final action you can take and respond in a way you would want to hear the answer to even if it isn't what you hear.

The reality is if you do expect to go ask more than 200 people and keep doing that, you just could be wrong, not just showing some strong will. In that journey if you are willing to learn from those 200 people that may be a great life but if you are just going to ridicule those people and stop them short you aren't living your life. School has just taught you to get the blanks filled in like some kind of asshole robot. Just get the answers, there can be only one answer, destroy anything that isn't the right answer.

It would be and is very easy to look at any of the millions of posts on this forum and decide how retarded it is or how that person isn't right and not in a joking way. Typically people that remain in the haunt thing, got in because they are very nice people and just might not be real pretty or articulate or something is not like the other. They form characters to entertain and underneath are still the sweet people that really are and that is the magic of the whole haunted attraction thing is people's personalities.

Quite simply if you don't have a personality you can't hang. By getting on here and trying to embarrase me you have had 400 some people read the post and try to understand it but ultimately decided you can't hang. So you did ask more than 200 people already and it didn't work for you. Go to the next line of topics society things you should stand in line for.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
                      It's all good, someone will read this, understand it and benefit immensely from the time I have invested here. A lot of people on here have already experienced these things with me and we all learned something and discussed things. It has value.
                      Indeed, on all accounts.

And Scott is indeed right: "When GREG is talking, STFU and listen."

Glad I did, and glad I do.

C.

*surprised I missed this one . . . that was a really busy weekend, if I remember correctly*

Comment

I'm no longer giving advice but rather sending people to this amazing video series:

http://screen.yahoo.com/the-best-tip...-30445532.html
                        sigpic

Comment

women in business?!?! what is this.

back to my TEDtalks videos now.

Comment

but they all talk real fast and say words like mentor and champion and intern and self confidence and shit! None of them are particularly good looking and they made it in a mans corporate world! One video even said you can find mentors at all levels and any where in the work place! And the video has background music! So obviously the next step is to just wander around and ask for stuff! Now that you know all the hip words it will happen for you.

I'll have to see if TED has done anything new.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X