Gore Galore Haunt Design on the news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gore Galore Haunt Design on the news

It looks like the "BLood Bayou" haunt we designed in 2010 for Silverwood theme park is on the early news. And it appears we have made it onto travel channels 25 scariest attractions. Soon to be filmed.

http://www.khq.com/story/19865024/sc...DFQCs.facebook
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Scary wood is not that scary. I have went through local haunts that are scarier.

Comment

Sadly,
      We designed it, and installed it, then the first year of "Blood Bayou", we operated it.
      And I know it rocked then. Saturated with actors and lots of startle scares. Plus receives lots of comments of it "feeling like a set of a hollywood movie" I can't say much about it now. Other than to get to express my pride of designing the event and putting it into place.
      Now, it is up to them to keep pushing forward, Or not.

But I am still grateful for the opportunity to design something like this for a small family owned theme park. They had alot of faith in me and my company to deliver, and I know we did.
      Kevin R. Alvey
      info at gore-galore.com
      www.gore-galore.com
      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

HauntedHouseOnTheHill- then you have failed them. Why are you not shouting the names of these scarier local attractions from the roof tops, why arent you sharing their posts on facebook and using a mousepad with their logo as you type?
        Fans get haunts noticed as much as a haunts marketing team does, if you think a haunt is scary then share it. But please dont only post something negative that adds nothing to the thread, its poking ant piles and dosent do anyone any good.
        I will also add that your statement should be amazingly obvious.
        Smaller local haunts should be scarier than theme park haunts. It is easy to scare one person, you can learn about them, find out their phone number, take a few pics of their kids going to school- and presto they are scared. Scaring 50,000 is very difficult. If you set off an alarm in a highrise building their is no panic, they look up from their desks and ask "do I need to leave, cause I want to finish this?" Thats about 1,000 people or so. It gets very difficult to effectively scare big numbers in a haunt- so haunts that have fewer customers should be scarier. Give that smaller haunt 3,000 people in one night and the show suffers significantly, if it doesn't have to shut down entirely.
        Make an effort to be polite.

Kevin- Thats awesome! Im glad you are getting some recognition beyond just this industry. Your work is awesome and the world should know it.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

ahd thats a fine how do ya do

Well said Allen
          Joe Phillips
          The Shallow Grave
          Winter Haven FL
          http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

Comment

Well, I went to scarywood last year and was not impressed. I have been told my house is better than scary wood for the last 2 years. I do have to give it to them, they have good decor. The Mesa haunted house in pasco wa is better than scary wood also. I was just stating my opinion that's all, was not trying to poke fun or say this is better or this is better.

Yes I can see how it would be difficult to impress thousands of people, but again i was just stating my opinion.
            Last edited by HauntedHouseOnTheHill; 10-22-2012, 02:26 PM.

Comment

A customer told me" Busch Gardens is nothing compared to Marr Branch" You don't have to be big to be bad ass!

Comment

Working...
              X