• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant wait, show us some build pics!
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

We have now started a little preparation of this years haunt. last year we did build all the walls in 3 days with plastic, resulting in walls falling down, people run through them and so on.
      This year we wanted to use pallets to build our wall since 2 pallets on top of each other is equal to 8 feet. A quick brainstorming and calculation of how many pallets we needed ended up on approximate 400 pallets since we are expanding to about 300m² (3229.2ft²)
      Then the big question came... were the *+-*/ do we get that amount of pallets since 1 Euro pallet in Norway cost close to 15$? After a couple of phone calls we did find one company that had a lot of of disposable pallet we could get for free.

Here is a picture of the pile of pallets were we could take as much as we like

engangspaller.jpg

Today i did make 3 trips to this location and managed to get over 90 pallets with me

Hope you enjoy

Comment

Maybe this thread is posted in the wrong directory...

Is it possible for some moderators to move it?

Comment

We have also created a name for our haunt this is going to be the name each year so the only thing that is going to change is the theme.

The name is: MortemMania

Comment

We have started the building process for this year.
            Here is a couple pictures of the area that will be a part of this years haunt.
            You can also see our drop panel from last year. This drop panel is made with a frame of 2"x 2" and the "panel" is mounted on a frame of 2" x 2" so when this dropped down and hit the frame it created a really big boooom.

halloween labyrint 2013_00001.jpg

halloween labyrint 2013_00002.jpg

Here we have started to stack the pallets and playing a little with the design and the layout.
            I see that it did happen some strange things to the aspect ratio of the pictures....

halloween labyrint 2013_00003.jpg

halloween labyrint 2013_00004.jpg
            Last edited by xcetera; 09-12-2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Have done some "small" things the last days

Mini LED spot
              (Idea after watched Allen H making them in his youtube channel)

Some components did find the way in the mail
              LED are 35.000 mcd ultrabright cold white
              Resistors are 330 Ohm 1/2 W
              Have 100 of each

Time to start putting them together
              IMAG0009.jpg

Have put some of them together and added cables from some "murdered" computer PSU.
              I have used this size of cables to make sure the spot can handle to be mounted a lot of times without the cable break off
              IMAG0012.jpg

have to mount all the finished spots to on power supply just to see how much light they can produce
              IMAG0014.jpg

Closeup look on one of the finished spots
              This is how the LED is inside the tubing.
              IMAG0015.jpg

Some of the Computer PSU`s that actually did work have been modified to serve us as a 12V power supply, This one is tweaked to produce 12.8V instead of 12.2 to give us a little more voltage drop over the LED since the resistor is a little to "big"
              IMAG0016.jpg

Hope you guys like what you see

Comment

Here is some pictures of the early former mentioned Computer PSU`s
                I`d asked my friend that is working for a store that repair computers if they had a couple of PSU`s laying around that we cold use the cables from.

Yes they a had "some" (the floor is filled up)
                psutransport.jpg

And then the "murdering" started, We tested all of them to see if someone worked so we could mod them to be 12V power supply`s
                The PSU`s that did not work we cut all of the cables off and collected them to use with other projects
                1267913_686994941314101_1069900164_o.jpg

I also have to mention that we received a mascot from frightprops.com today. He does not talk so much, but it is nice to have company in the workshop
                IMAG0017.jpg

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Over 500 Pallets are now stacked and 2000+ screws are used.
                    and our back`s hurt a bit of all the stacking
                    I will take some "birdview" pictures tomorrow.

PS!
                    I would really appreciate if someone could move this thread to another Forum where it belongs.

KFB

Comment

Like i promised here are some fotos of this years build.

We are starting the extra build we are making this year.

IMAG0039.jpg

Here are some bird view pictures when we are finished with the pallet stacking.

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg
                      Attached Files

Comment

The brain of MortemMania 2013 is now finished and ready for some people to trigger it.

Yes we are using a BooBox Flex Max as a central units for 99% of our props since there are no props running from this BooBox that can not be interupted. The effect that we have that can not be interupted is a movie in the entrance combined wit a door opening mech, this part have a dedicated BooBox and a video player.

setup contains:
                        8 PIR sensors connected via Arduino
                        8 units Relay card to trigger BooBoox Flex Max inputs
                        BooBox Flex Max (8 inputs/16 Outputs)
                        16 units Relay card triggered by Boobox

Hope someone like this setup, and understand why we have done it this way

And now to the fun part.

The picture.

1377412_716025211744407_548507448_n.jpg

Comment

Happy Halloween!

Today MortemMania was open in a mild variant for the youngest kids.
                          With a little more scary tour for the oldest if they dared later on the evening.
                          We did scare a lot of people today and we are looking forward to tomorrows 13+ opening.

Since we are the "only" haunt in Norway we also was on the national television channel

Video will hopefully come.

Comment

Over 200 "walkers" inside MortemMania today and over 95% got scared!

Comment

This years haunt crew inside MortemMania!

IMG_0396.JPG

Comment

Working...
                              X