Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haunt in area on front page today because of "gas chanber" - too far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunt in area on front page today because of "gas chanber" - too far?

I know these guys and they do a good haunt. Haven't talked to them this year, but our crew will be making our annual road trip to see them. The linked article was on the front page of the Ft Wayne newspaper this morning. http://www.journalgazette.net/articl...OCAL/310239983
    and I am sure it will go national because of the issue.

I don't have a problem with it and I think they commented ok, but the people objecting have a valid reason like other issues we face in this indusrty.

What do you think? Too far? Ok?
    Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
    Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

its insane that some people will pick anything apart. im assuming next will be no more crematoriums. i also remember the noose thing being rasist, as if only a certain color was ever hung. i read an article the other day about a kiddy haunt at the zoo. they had 3 white ghosts with no faces hanging in a tree. black people got very offended because where the faces were sopposed to be was painted black. a black spokesman for the zoo explained to the media that the reason the faces are black was so it would appear to be a faceless ghost at night. and if the faces were not painted black the complaint would have been well their wearing white robes. does this ever end?

Comment

I get kind of tired of people asking if some subjects should or should not be in a haunt house. With haunts you should be able to build what ever your comfortable with. Somebody out there is going to have a problem with something, you can't get away from this, it's fact. If that was the case we would pretty much not have any movies worth watching, everything effects people differently.

Build what you want and be willing to take the good with the bad

Robert J Dudzieck
      Fright Factory PA

Comment

I think that if one were to look long enough, they could find a group that would be offended by just about everything in a haunted house. If the Haunted Cave had dressed their characters in Nazi SS uniforms, I would probably sympathize with the group a little more. I think that what has happened here is that this group, who has every right to remind people of the horrors of the holocaust, is looking for a connection and offense that is not there. Every instrument of death that was ever invented has been used at some point by evil, people against a group of innocent people for no other reason than their race or beliefs. If we were to apply this logic to every death device that has been misused, nothing would be acceptable in a haunted house. There would be no hang man's noose, no torture chambers, and no gas chambers. If someones family member was run down by a car, should we take out our props that simulate a car lunging towards them with the horn blaring and lights shining in their face? I know the families of 2 people who were killed while cutting down trees with a chain saw. I doubt that they would contact the news paper and bitch about the chain saws in my haunted cornfield.

The bottom line is that the people who make a big deal about this stuff will never buy a ticket for a haunted house anyway.
        www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Originally posted by wipp View Post
          its insane that some people will pick anything apart. Im assuming next will be no more crematoriums. I also remember the noose thing being rasist, as if only a certain color was ever hung. I read an article the other day about a kiddy haunt at the zoo. They had 3 white ghosts with no faces hanging in a tree. Black people got very offended because where the faces were sopposed to be was painted black. A black spokesman for the zoo explained to the media that the reason the faces are black was so it would appear to be a faceless ghost at night. And if the faces were not painted black the complaint would have been well their wearing white robes. Does this ever end?
          well said!
          www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Welcome to our polliticaly correct country. Please don't offend, just bow down and kiss everybodys ass that is different than you.

Comment

Activists use any sort of tie-in to promote their agenda. Clowns complain about clowns at haunts, mental patients complain about insane asylum themes, etc. etc. If it gets their editorial in the newspaper, it's free advertising. It's freedom of speech for both the haunt and the activist, so at least that part is a good thing.
              www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

I personally don't think anything is wrong with it. It seems in todays age, everybody is so sensitive and offended by just about anything.
                ~Bill Mlinac
                The Deadland Haunted House
                www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

When I saw Gas Chamber in the title of this thread I didn't even think Nazis. I thought executions. Some states still use that as their form of execution. I guess your mind will take you wherever you let it.

Comment

Working...
                  X