memorable year for wrong reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memorable year for wrong reasons

First drought of 2012...managed to dodge that with fantastic corn. Then rain most weekends; with the good weekends already forecasted as rain earlier. Then the Tigers go all the way to World Series. And if that wasn't enough we have a mad man driving highways of I-96 & M-52 in michigan last few weeks shooting at cars...at least 24 now. Hit somebody today for first time instead of just car windows and such just a few miles from us. We are at intersection of his to favorite roadways. Police choppers circling just east of farm as I write this. Have demoted myself to parking lot security tonight. Glock .40 S&W just might be with me.

Wicked Farmer

getting worse

...groups of people with reservations are canceling as I write this. Cops everywhere. I-96 is backed up for miles. What a way to end the season.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

im sorry to hear this. i had a state trooper pulling people over in front of my haunt 2 yrs ago giving my costomers dui's he would block my whole parking lot with his victoms. im against drinking and driving also but dam he killed my attandance. not like we are open all year. again im sorry u goin through this and hope u rebound in the next few nights

Comment

That's terrible. I am so sorry you are having to deal with that.
        Please stay safe.

Comment

Pulic was calm

Night went off without any issues. People talked of having to run the gauntlet to get here...but were in good spirtits. Crazy when neigboring towns had indoor recess at schools yesterday. All in all book keeper (father) says year is a lot better than I was expecting in comparison to other years.

Whole new perspective pulling parking lot duty all night instead of making my rounds in haunted trail. But when you got good people and second in command can step right in and go it is a good feeling. Head of parking lot atendants got thrown for a loop when he said "Hey boss where do you want me then". Told him he was boss over me tonight as he ran parking lot and had to even explain the different sections numbering system to me.

Love when a well oiled machine can handle adversity and everyone adjusts.

Wicked Farmer
          Last edited by wickedfarmer; 10-28-2012, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Nice! What a good end to that story. Man, the things people have to deal with in this industry...
            www.mournfulmanor.com

"I'm talking about romance in the sense of epic heroes, tragedy, forever friends who die for one another, quests, wars and star-crossed lovers. Romance found in dark fairy tales and the histories of martyred saints. Romance expressed through murder, cannibalism, ressurrections, and hauntings, through ancient tales of chivalry, sacrifice and betrayal."

Comment

Sherriff just left

Sunday the maze is open but haunt is done for year. He was actually a little ticked no one stopped by to give us official word yesterday. They are set up one mile away. We spot a guy walking down the coutry road and I tell him 'Don't worry that guy works here". Every 4 door black car pulling in parking lot gets a thourhough look over. Ah...excitement in the air.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

gets heart to skip a beat

Nothing like having customers all around and seeing the police helicopter do some hard banking manuvers 1/4 mile away and keep circling that spot at same time a State Police car is pulling into your parking lot to get the heart to skip a beat and hairs stand up on back of your neck when a maniac has been shooting at cars in the area. False alarm. And maybe I was intently eyeing the the guy showing by himself riding a dirt bike on a day when everyone is dressed in winter coats. And maybe I was manuvering myself to a spot away from customers and thinking how good my Crimson Trace laser would show up on him dressed in black helmet to boots. And glad to see friends of his already there call out to him.

Wicked on edge Farmer

Comment

Nov. 1st update...

So the police hold a news conference today or make an announcement. Basically it was to say "Hey people...he is just called the I-96 shooter...really only 3 incidents occured on I-96....use I-96 not side roads" DAMN IT I wish they would have announced that about 10 days ago. Maybe a bunch of groups would not have cancelled. Oh by the way...we are taking down the field today with the combine. The combine is enjoying a BEAUTIFUL day driving through the maze. Much better weather than 2/3rds of our customers had to walk through this year. AND the forecast for this coming Sat. & Sun is great....figures. Oh well...I expect I will be sitting in my deer blind come Nov. 15th in a t-shirt. Of course I will put a steel plate against the inside wall of my deer blind....it can be seen from I-96 afterall. Would be justice for this guy to not understand it is firearm deer season here come Nov. 15th and have a hunter see him take pot shots at motorists. Last year I put slug through the heart at 140 yards. Only missed a heart once out of last 10 deer.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Arret made last night..

Arrest made. Seems to be they think they have the guy this time. They have released a few others who were not the shooter. Evidence was siezed with warrant and his vehichle matches that of witness description.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

You suffered sort of a 9-11 thing!

Groups cancelled their bus trips to Ravens Grin from the Chicago burbs after 9-11.
                      Access was cut off to the dams in the Miss. River near by....(How many tons of high explosive would it take to blow one of them?)
                      Then a few years ago the State wanted to seel the local, new, never used prison to the Feds and talk of Guantanamo prisoners might have been put there, making all the local Police in these small towns needing to be heavilly armed, ex cetra, but now Black Water has left their shooting range 8 miles north of us... go live in the country, get away from it all? Not quite.
                      We could have been busier this season but we ran smoothly, no wild idiots loose in the house this time.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X