Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Married at Raycliff Manor!

Get Married at Raycliff Manor!

Are you and the love of your life Halloween and/or horror fanatics? Have you always dreamed of or talked about having a costumed or Halloween themed wedding? How would you like to get married at Raycliff Manor this fall? If you’re interested in making that “till death do us part” commitment, please send a message to info@eurekascreams.com explaining why you should be selected to exchange vows at Raycliff Manor. The lucky couple selected will be encouraged to arrive in costume where local celebrity and “Fright Time Fun House” Midnight Horror Host, Jebediah Buzzard will be officiating the wedding ceremony! The winning couple will spend their honeymoon weekend in a themed Jacuzzi room at the renowned TradeWinds Inn. They will also be treated to passes to the Eureka Springs Ghost Tour, where they will visit and learn the ghostly history of the Haunted Crescent Hotel, as seen on Sci-Fi's Ghost Hunters and on the Travel Channel. While in Eureka Springs celebrating your commitment to one another, you’ll both also be treated to a spa service for 2 at the Crescent Hotel’s world famous New Moon Spa! You will also be treated to Dinner for 2 in the Crescent Hotel’s Crystal Dining Room.

Could we make it any more horrifyingly awesome? Of course we could! What would your day of matrimony be without letting the world know about it? We’ve made special arrangements with radio host Jonathan Johnson to have the lucky couple make a guest appearance on Rotting Flesh Radio, the number one, first and only Haunt Industry
    podcast! As the winners of the “Get Married at Raycliff Manor” contest, you’ll make a celebrity guest appearance on the show and Jonathan Johnson will interview you and give you the opportunity to tell the world why you wanted to be married and why you wanted to have a Halloween / horror themed wedding. The wedding ceremony will be taking place on Friday, October 19th. We’ll also be inviting the press and media to tour the newly renovated Racyliff Manor and to shoot, so to speak, the wedding couple for their viewing audience’s displeasure, giving the couple the opportunity to have their special night memorialized in print, radio and television media! Of course, the lucky couple selected to be united in matrimony at Raycliff Manor, and to spend all eternity together, will be featured on our Eureka Screams! Myspace page and the Eureka Screams! website. More details on the prize package and wedding event will be forthcoming, but in the meantime, send us your letters telling us why you and your significant other should be chosen to be the Raycliff Manor Bride and Groom this Halloween and Haunting season! Until then…

Pleasant Screams!

The Eureka Screams! Fright Team
    www.EurekaScreams.com
    “If you’re not screaming, you’re already dead!”
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

So does that mean that me and Mari are OK, or does this offer not available to employees? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Kelly,

We've actually had two couples get married inside the Darkness since we've opened several years ago. I have a link on my website inviting people to get married at our place... every now and then we get a call.

You know and to be honest I wasn't thinking but we should have taken some pictures of that... darn it!

What can we do now???

I would love to add them to my website but maybe next time.

I will say Kelly you do an awesome job of promoting your haunt, always thinking!!!! Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Brad, I didn't know! I'll have to ask Mari when you guys are sending in your entry. :wink:

Thanks Larry! It's tough when you operate an attraction in a town with a population of a liitle more than 2,200 people and the more largely populated areas are about an hour away. We have to work on all the publicity events we can! We originally were targeting the tourism market, since Eureka Springs is a tourist destination town with October being the biggest month, and an awesome town at that. We've found it to be tougher to educate the tourists on our product than it is to target the surrounding population. We now have just under 22,000 Myspace Friends in our Eureka Screams Myspace network (approx. 85% within a 100 mile radius) and we're hoping this will result in a significant attendance increase this year.

Another event that will be taking place on the first Saturday we're open this fall is a Blood Drive. I contacted the Community Blood Center and they're going to have a blood mobile on site. We're going to give them vouchers for $2 Off on admission to Raycliff Manor to give to each of the donors. The great thing about this is this qualifies for Public Service Announcements (PSA's) and the area radio stations and TV News stations will make announcements about the blood drive for us for free! This helps us get the word out about our event early in the season and our paid advertising and other publicity exposure just builds on that!

I have to admit, none of my ideas are original, but they are all variations of things other haunts have done. I just like to take things and put my own tweak on them. :wink:

Larry, do you charge people for getting married in the Darkness? Because we're being overwhelmed with requests, we're thinking there may be an opportunity to generate additional revenue at the attraction. We're thinking we could announce that those who didn't win the contest can pay to come to Rayclif Manor on another night and we can, for a fee, conduct a group wedding with all of the individuals getting married in costume. Another opportunity for press and media coverage! :wink: We just don't know what to charge. We were thinking they could pay one price which would include them getting married, receiving a certificate and include entry to the attraction. Any thoughts or suggestions Larry? Anyone else???

Thanks!

Kel
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

hmmmmmmmm perhaps this would make a good reason to pop that question! (pondering)
          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Weddings are always a fun thing at an event.

Larry, wish you had some pix of the wedding at your event. Its always fun to see an event being used in a different way than just for a scare. It would def. be interesting to see the event for a wedding.

I wish you the best of luck Kel on the promotion. Take lots of pictures.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
            http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
            "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
            http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Thanks for supporting the event with your participation Jonathan!!!

Kel
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I have had numerous people say they wanted to get married here in The Ravens Grin Inn, but so far it hasn't happened , I wasn't asking for those special nobility privledges either like the old kings used to get, you know the first "experience" with the bride a night before her wedding.
                (No problem fulling those boats bound for the New World to leave those sort of customs behind!)
                I personally feel getting Divorced at the Ravens Grin would be a popular thing if we advertised it.
                "Good by!" Flip the bed, they are gone! (Making good use of a special bed here)
                One guy proposed to his girlfriend here, they never got married, he was just curious about if she would let him drive her car and how fast the car could go. (She soon found this out)
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X