Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Behind The Scenes Walkthrough - 5 Trailer Haunt

Hey All,

I have put together a full video walkthrough of our 5 trailer haunt. I did it because Im selling the haunt and some interested parties requested it, but im sure the video would be of interest to most haunters in general. Let me know what you think

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>THIS ENTIRE ATTRACTION IS FOR SALE CHECK OUT THIS THREAD:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...Haunt-For-Sale
    ================================================== =======================================
    Last edited by shawng; 11-01-2012, 04:45 PM.
    Shawn
    Fear Engineer
    HauntedHouse.ca

Probably the best designed trailer haunt I've seen. My question is how do you get around the no sprinkler system problem? Do you just have to find a city that will let that slide?
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Thanks a lot! I worked hard on it (9 months) to get it built over the last 2 years.

I dont want to "toot my own horn" but based on the way I have seen others build trailer haunts, i really feel from a design and engineering point of view, it doesnt get bettter than this (all 12V DC, battery operated, FRP trailers).

I have set this up in two different cities (here in Ontario, Canada), I have asked the fire marshalls if it was required, and both said it wasnt necessary. I think its somewhat new territory here. BUT we also have a lot of safety precautions in place

-Exits within 50 ft (there is an entrance, exit and 3 chicken/emergency exits between)
      -All power and lighting is low voltage and LOW HEAT
      -Everything is fire retarded
      -2 Emergency buttons (fire buttons or medical emergency buttons) in each trailer, 2 fire extinguishers in each trailer
      -Heat detectors on the ceilings of each trailer.

Basically, its as safe as we can make it without having a sprinkler system
      Shawn
      Fear Engineer
      HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

I agree with UNCLE HOWIE !!!

you've got all bases covered EVERYTHING !!!!! Good luck !!! you've got a great haunt there !!!!!

Comment

what soundtrack do you use ?

i loved the ambient soundtrack in your haunt. please advise....... thanks !!!

Comment

It's yours if you want it, there are 3 or 4 unique soundtracks across 5 trailers. The first 2 trailers use the same soundtrack, email me info[at]hauntedhouse.ca and i will send a zip file
            Last edited by shawng; 11-01-2012, 04:44 PM.
            Shawn
            Fear Engineer
            HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Amazing Haunt!!!

Seriously one of the best trailer haunts I've seen, great job!!!!
              *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

awesome job !!!
                I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Very, very nice. If I ever get to opening a pro haunt, I think I would like to do a trailer haunt. Where I live (Edmonton, AB, Canada) there are lots of smaller cities around which I think would love something like this. If you don't mind me asking, what were you asking for the huant, as well, what did it cost to build? Thanks and great job!

Dustyn

Comment

Awesome job!!! Very cool haunt
                    ~Bill Mlinac
                    The Deadland Haunted House
                    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Dusty588,

The haunt cost exactly $113,500 to build (5 trailers, with all materials, props and equipment). I am selling for $74,000.

Trailer haunting is definitely the way to go if you cant get a permanent year round location. I could not imagine doing a temporary setup and take down, what a PITA that would be.

These things roll in place, and literally within 3 or 4 hours you are ready to go.
                      Shawn
                      Fear Engineer
                      HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Dear Shawn,

You knew somebody was going to ask: After this much work and only running it for two or three years, why are you selling it? An even better haunt in the works? I've done haunts in Montreal and finding audiences there were tough.

My big question is, would you be interested in consulting on the creation of a trailer haunt like this for someone else or are you done with haunts?

Just curious at this point.

Robert

Comment

Hey Robert,

Good question. I started doing "pro haunting" as a hobby, I do well enough with my actual businesses, that this is something i did for fun, 4 years ago i did it in an old house i bought, i ran it there for 2 years, opening it up for free/donation based. Then I sold that property to a developer, so I got the idea to build a trailer haunt. At this point its become too much of a business where i need to make money to justify the costs, and its taking my time to build (although the building is done now!) but also marketing, planning etc. Its just not "fun" anymore. SO i would like to sell it, and either take a couple years off, or just do something simple (maybe 1 trailer) that i can take to the local mall for a few nights per year and just let people through for free.

As for consulting i can sure help you with whatever questions you need. I actually started taking video of me building these trailers a couple years ago, and the process involved, but never actually got around to editing and publishing it. But if you wanted to come down and look at the trailers just to see how they are built, you are welcome to
                          Shawn
                          Fear Engineer
                          HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Shawn,

Thanks for the quick reply. Somehow I thought your answer would be something like this. Yep, "pro" haunting becomes a different animal when it's no longer just for fun. Also thanks for your offer of assistance and making your research available. It's a little too early to tell if my latest project is going to gel but hopefully I will have a reason to take you up on your offer sometime in the future.

Thanks again,

Robert

Comment

Working...
                            X