'13 Planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '13 Planning

Well we finished our 3 week Haunted event last night with another huge success and are planning on 2013. Has anyone else started to plan?

Absolutely, I'm trying to make improvements for next year based on performance of this year. It is the perfect time to find what worked and didn't to make adjustments, get feed back of what can go, what can stay and be further developed. There's no other feeling like being in the thick of the haunting season and getting the ideas I do right now. So I've started conceptualization designs, putting them on paper and developing them in computer aided design for next year.
    Matthew Rairden
    Circle of Ash Haunted Attraction
    Project Manager
    Find us on Facebook
    www.circleofash.com

Comment

There's no time like the present

Absolutely! We are already jotting down ideas, having brain storming sessions with our actors and volunteers, and walking through the haunts ourselves thinking of new ways to make improvements and improve the scares! I will start the formal planning in two weeks, beginning with new characters and new scenes to add to our existing. It looks like this year we are going to be allowed to keep our haunt setup where we are, which is a huge plus because it allows us to go through all year and make improvements as we go, and not trying to squeeze all the techy stuff and scene changes in the week before opening!
      Travis "Big T" Russell
      President
      Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Fear Fair in Seymour, Indiana is already tearing out and building for the 2013 season, they just posted a pic of tear out on their facebook page. Talking about getting to work right away.

Comment

It's NEVER too early to plan! I most definitely agree that the best time to start planning for future haunts is to it when this year's haunt is in play, even before. It is foremost in your thoughts, and ideas come fast and furious. It is a good idea to plan years out, as well. It's a great idea to have your websites changed over to the next season as soon as this one is done. That tells people you'll be here next year.

As for plans - How many of us have had a great idea for a scare during the current season's build-out, but there's no room for it? "OOO, we should do this next year", and it never happens because everyone's forgotten about it. I've found it invaluable to write all my ideas down as soon as they crash into my noggin'. Trust me, you will not remember them later. And, this is important, no matter how outlandish an idea may seem, write it down anyway. You may not be able to create it right away, but sometime in the future, when we've all gotten better at our creativity, and certain technologies become available, that wild, impossible idea can now be done! Don't worry if you haven't got all the details of the idea - just write it down, and flesh it out over time. Oh, and those ideas may, will change into something quite extraordinary. And do NOT let the old demon of "too expensive" crush an otherwise great idea - there are always options!

Always be thinking about next year, and always be thinking about where you'd like to be down the road, years into the future!

Comment

Working...
          X