Vortex Tunnel (Buy vs Make)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vortex Tunnel (Buy vs Make)

Is it worth making your own tunnel or should you just bought one instead? Do you have just about the same cost as of buying one as to making your own? Was it worth the headache of building? Has anyone made their own Vortex tunnel? If you made your own do you have some insight for me.. Help with instructions or guide to making one.. Specially the rings.. What was your cost on making your own.. I know its allot of questions.... But I think I could make one cheaper than buying one... Any Help would be appreciated..

Bump to the top..

Comment

Sent you a pm.
      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Making your own would obviously be the cheapest route to go. If you have the mechanical know-how and understand the basic workings of how a Vortex works, I'd definitely look into making your own. There are several how-to's on the web you could go off of.
        Zach Wiechmann
        www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

We built our own. Cost was around 1200.00. The tough part was getting everything to line up so it wouldnt fall off track. Cool thing is, every time I walk through ours, I get the nifty feeling knowing we built it ourselves...from the ground up. If you're still interested, send me a PM and I'll see if'n I can get my guy to put together some plans and send 'em to you.
          Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

We're looking at making our own as well, but I'm in the same boat. Not much technical skill that I think is required. I can saw and hammer with the best of em' but that's it..lol

Comment

We built ours from scratch and this year after 6 years in use we plan on updating it so once we make it we will gather everything together to assist. We probably won't start until late next summer/early fall.

Comment

Originally posted by sean View Post
                We built our own. Cost was around 1200.00. The tough part was getting everything to line up so it wouldnt fall off track. Cool thing is, every time I walk through ours, I get the nifty feeling knowing we built it ourselves...from the ground up. If you're still interested, send me a PM and I'll see if'n I can get my guy to put together some plans and send 'em to you.
                Sent you a PM. Thanks!
                Last edited by Moxley Manor; 11-14-2012, 07:32 AM.
                Richard Alvarado
                Moxley Manor Haunted House

www.moxleymanor.com
                www.nightscarebeforechristmas.com
                Stalk Us on Facebook
                Stalk Us on Twitter
                Stalk Us on YouTube

Comment

Rings Rings Rings Rings

I have made 4 vortexes.... vortexi?!?!?!? Anyhow. There are several people that will show you how to make a vortex online. But the A NUMBER 1 thing to make sure of is that your rings are uniformly round. If you go to pick them up and they are in ANY way warped or twisted refuse to take them. Thinking that it shouldn't be a big deal is a huge mistake. Start with good rings or don't start. Just sayin!
                  Corwyn
                  Nightmare's Gate Haunted House
                  nightmaresgate.com
                  "What I need is more power and less *@^! from you people....... HEY....... who took my tiara of pain!!!"

Comment

Will wood rings work or will they warp ?

Comment

Originally posted by Blade-of-the-moon View Post
                      Will wood rings work or will they warp ?
                      I have made 3 over the years and our first one was out of wood for the rings and it lasted several years ( made a pretty cool creaking sound also) Use good ply wood for rings and conduit for cross bars.
                      Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Have you ever built one on a trailer ? Our haunt currently is a setup/teardown haunt and I'm thinking that would be much easier than having to build it up and tear it down each time we use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade-of-the-moon View Post
                          Have you ever built one on a trailer ? Our haunt currently is a setup/teardown haunt and I'm thinking that would be much easier than having to build it up and tear it down each time we use it.
                          Never tried it but it might be pretty tall with 10' rings. Back when we had the wood rings it was a home haunt and it didn't take long at all to set up.
                          Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Working...
                          X