November 2 and 3 good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 2 and 3 good or bad?

We are open and we did really good actually on Friday ... so far its doing well for me. How many of you guys opened and how many didn't and was it worth it.

Next year Halloween falls on a Thursday so its kind of a no brainer to stay open

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
    We are open and we did really good actually on Friday ... so far its doing well for me. How many of you guys opened and how many didn't and was it worth it.

Next year Halloween falls on a Thursday so its kind of a no brainer to stay open

Larry
    I know there are several haunts that I wish were still open.

C.

Comment

went to 2 (MAJOR) haunts tonight.

well attended and people were still into it. STAY OPEN !!!! THERE IS A MARKET FOR IT AND MONEY TO BE MADE !!!

Comment

We didn't have numbers like we had hoped for on Friday. For Saturday we decided to do a BLACKOUT version of our main haunt and give the groups a flashlight. Turned off all the Darklights and ambient lighting in the haunt. Took the flashlight away from them before they entered our vortex tunnel and then had minimal lighting after that. Many people enjoyed the Blackout version, and said that they would like to see more of it. We are always looking for new and cutting edge ideas for the area, so we try to stay ahead of the game.
        Why follow when you can LEAD???
        Sean Hughes - National Sales Manager
        sean@pixelpushersinc.com
        312.613.7326 Mobile
        847.550.6560 X 102 Office
        844.44.PIXEL X 102 Toll Free

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

Comment

Nov, 2=sucked. Nov. 3= GREAT!

We open at 2 to 5 then again from 7 pm to 12 midnight.
          Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts were here enmass during the afternoon (Lots of camping in this part of illinois).
          That night we saw some people who drove 3 hours to get here-first-timers!

Being open every night of the year sees me compeating with every other entertainment and sporting venue, including the sport of consuming alcohol.....drunken Cub Scouts AGAIN!?
          ( a joke)
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We didn't have the numbers at all we were hoping for on Friday and Sat was a planned LIGHTS OUT it more than doubled Fridays attendance. I'f We had it to do again I would have opened Monday Tuesday also instead of 2nd and 3rd we had hundreds of calls those days seeing if we were open. Hindsight...
            Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

We are up from the year before on this weekend here... I'm pretty excited about that because so many days we were down its finally nice to be up! This was by far our best November dates. We did do a lot of discounting through our facebook page so that might have something to do with it. We did the blackout promotion at Darkness and Lemp and that helped some.

I was very happy!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

We use the first weekend in November as an Industry night. We invite and allow all of the DFW haunted houses to come out and have a good time, some even bring their icons and work the midway and que line. Always fun to work along side them, We all get along with each other well. While our numbers are no where near what we do prior to Halloween it still turns a profit and is beneficial. The weekend is also an opportunity for patrons to come use their tickets to our three attractions that may not have been used due to long lines. Our tickets are good all season. It's always a fun weekend for our staff and the patrons who do come out are normally avid Halloween enthusiasts, so the groups are very fun. Great way to end the season.
                Daniel Burnett
                PR/Operator
                Reindeer Manor Halloween Park: Est. 1974
                13th Street Morgue/Dungeon Of Doom/Reindeer Manor

sigpic

reindeermanor.com
                whenhingescreak.com

Comment

Saturday the 3rd was good

We were only open that Saturday and we did about 1/3 of what we did the previous Saturday. It was our first year being open post-Halloween, and we chose Saturday because it is reliably busier for us. Totally worth being open, but not crazy good. We need to promote it a bit more I think.
                  Lucas Cox
                  Cox Farms
                  www.Fieldsoffear.com

Comment

Working...
                  X