Anybody else feeling the withdrawal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else feeling the withdrawal?

It's only been a few days and I miss it already. Am I the only one?

Hey, y'all tell us the best scare you got this year? Or the best one you saw? Let us live vicariously through your favorites from this season and maybe keep the holiday spirit a tiny bit longer?

So many to count!

We had many great scares throughout the house, but I think the dark maze worked great, with a drop panel at the end. I watched every group come running out the door after that one final scare!

And as much as I hate to admit it, the chain saw on our Camp Nightmare did wonders. I have never been a fan of chain saws, but hey, it still works!
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

nice

Love your customer quote of the year. My favorite was, "Ummm... I'm not really good with clowns" as we were approaching them on the Path. I was a little shocked by that one. Like this is Burger King and I can just hold the clowns for you? Nope. Cowboy up and say hi to Mr. Chuckles.

Comment

I went to 2 top haunts on sat. night (nov.3rd)........ and I wanted more !!!!!

wish I had a couple more weeks to enjoy the spirit of halloween !!!!!! I wish there were more open this weekend..............

Comment

My Favorite Moment

I ran a zombie-only themed dark forest trail on a real farm. I think my favorite moment this year (first pro for-profit year) was this:

The farmer who owned the property was walking the property and noticed a really creepy customer standing off to the side of the queue line away from the other customers. He had his back to the farmer and was standing completely still for over 5 minutes staring straight up at a flood light above. His clothes were wrinkled, torn, and very messy. So the farmer went and retrieved one of the city cops we had patrolling the event. He told the cop that this guy hadn't moved in minutes and was obviously wasted out of his mind on drugs. The cop laughed. "He's one of the zombies."

When you freak out the property owners, you've suceeded!
          Last edited by mrfoos; 11-06-2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

I was feeling it the day after it ended

Been going through withdrawls since first night we finished. Hell ive had a couple sleepless nights just thinking about what Im going to do next year, Best moment was I work in a school as a I.S.S Teachers Aid and one of the kids that i frequently have in here I tortured him on the hayride calling out his name and other actors were as well. He was screaming " stop im going to pee!"
            Senior Operator of Forest Of Fear at The Utica Zoo
            Visions Of Fear Productions

Comment

I'm happy Halloween is over there is only so much you can take... I'm feeling a withdraw because of this last election. With 8% of Americans out of work, national debt doubling under Obama, 30 plus million people on food stamps, and this guy got re-elected. Shows how this country can be manipulated through social media, vote for the cool guy, not the smart guy. I'm just wondering out loud here... nearly 50% of this country voted AGAINST Obama and most of that 50% have a brain, own a business, and or are wealthy the same wealthy that invest in business. I'm fearing that these same wealthy will go into a shell upon hearing this news and investment will slow or stop. That will be tragic for our industry!

Wealthy need to invest in order to create new jobs, and with them reeling from Obama saying he's going to raise their taxes even higher than they already pay we could all be in trouble.

So yeah I'm feeling withdraw.

I am now strongly considering getting into politics to help save this country! The one thing I am going to sadly admit about the Rep if they can't explain their party to minorities and grow their base they to are brainless. The REP party is better for everyone... smaller government, lower taxes, strong military.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

If by withdrawal you mean well rested, not bruised, injured, exhausted or covered in blood then yes, I am certainly in withdrawal.
                Matthew Rairden
                Circle of Ash Haunted Attraction
                Project Manager
                Find us on Facebook
                www.circleofash.com

Comment

I'm not feeling withdrawal in the slightest. In fact, I almost could do with a whole year off, but that isn't going to happen.
                  Jared Layman

Comment

Worst. Halloween. Spirit. Ever.

You guys are bumming me out. Come on!

Think of the children. The small, cowering children hiding behind their mothers as the boogeyman stalks ever closer.

Comment

I Think Of....

The people I scared this October using a junk toy I bought for a Dollar.
                      Then there is the roomfull I scare everytime with a Salvation Store Wagoner paint scraper. After I modified it an electrician told me it sounded just like a 220 volt dead-short! (Which is pretty scary!! been using it for many years now)
                      My Wife loved scaring numerous customers long before they were ready to be scared! And sometimes she could scare them one right after another as the lights were all "on"! (And then everybody laughs at one another!)
                      Then once on a sunny Sunday afternoon 15 "Bikers" found their way through my backyard, looked at my tomb, 160 yr. old bricks, arched ceiling/roof, large heavy steel door, they opened the door. as they stepped around a slight corner to enter it I scared them one at a time and got maybe 11 of them to scream and jump!
                      So Much FUN! This is MY THERAPY! I shall not be denied !
                      My newest scare uses a spray paint plastic lid. An item EVERYBODY throws away.
                      Of course these mundane items cannot scare anyone, unless you set them up for it ..........Imagine if you can, grown adult women screaming "Bloody Murder!" and racing across the room as fast as they can move... all because I'm holding a plastic spray paint lid in my hands and the lights in the room are very bright! (And those bright lights have been "ON" the entire time.)
                      That lid is empty.
                      But they think it is not. And, I am telling them the truth.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by mandible View Post
                        You guys are bumming me out. Come on!

Think of the children. The small, cowering children hiding behind their mothers as the boogeyman stalks ever closer.
                        I prefer the mothers cowering behind their children as the boogeyman stalks ever closer.

Originally posted by jim warfield View Post
                        the people i scared this october using a junk toy i bought for a dollar.
                        Then there is the roomfull i scare everytime with a salvation store wagoner paint scraper. After i modified it an electrician told me it sounded just like a 220 volt dead-short! (which is pretty scary!! Been using it for many years now)
                        my wife loved scaring numerous customers long before they were ready to be scared! And sometimes she could scare them one right after another as the lights were all "on"! (and then everybody laughs at one another!)
                        then once on a sunny sunday afternoon 15 "bikers" found their way through my backyard, looked at my tomb, 160 yr. Old bricks, arched ceiling/roof, large heavy steel door, they opened the door. As they stepped around a slight corner to enter it i scared them one at a time and got maybe 11 of them to scream and jump!
                        So much fun! This is my therapy! I shall not be denied !
                        My newest scare uses a spray paint plastic lid. An item everybody throws away.
                        Of course these mundane items cannot scare anyone, unless you set them up for it ..........imagine if you can, grown adult women screaming "bloody murder!" and racing across the room as fast as they can move... All because i'm holding a plastic spray paint lid in my hands and the lights in the room are very bright! (and those bright lights have been "on" the entire time.)
                        that lid is empty.
                        But they think it is not. And, i am telling them the truth.
                        ROAD TRIP TO RAVEN'S GRIN INN! I'M DRIVING!

c.

Comment

ROAD TRIP TO RAVEN'S GRIN INN! I'M DRIVING!

Sign me up for that. Raven's Grin sounds like wonderland.

Comment

I'm glad it's over and I'm looking forward to my vacation to Orlando next week! Come end of December early Janurary I will start having withdraws
                            ~Bill Mlinac
                            The Deadland Haunted House
                            www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                            www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

We're after the guys

I have spent the last week going through our videos we show inside, and nothing satisfies me more than watching all the macho guys drop to their knees when they get to our second room (and they have a lot more rooms to get through)! We scare far more guys than we do girls for some reason. And I love that!
                              Travis "Big T" Russell
                              President
                              Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
                              X