Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for some info on laser tag in haunts? what you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for some info on laser tag in haunts? what you think?

Hey guys it’s been some time since I posted but I wanted to throw a few ???s out there to get some other outside thoughts on some new things I’m working on… Now my 1st / is what is your thoughts on laser tag being used in haunts or zombie laser tag? I have an opportunity to create a laser tag arena but on a small budget and I was really thinking with Zombies being so big this would be easy to continue even tho Halloween is now past us. What I am looking for is ideas and imput on what you guys think of these events and would it work say even through the Christmas months???

it could work, but it depends where your area is.

What are your local demographics?

What else could you do?? Laser tag only lasts 10 minutes or so...you can't book a party for 10 minutes.

Can you offer a private party space?

Throw some arcade games in your area as well?? (You can probably get them for free from a local distributor and just run them on a 40/60 split).

How about a small "shoot the geek with a paintball gun" kinda thing as well??

But really, your most important questions are, do I have the demographics in my area to support this and what can I do to keep them there longer and how can I get them to spend more money??

Comment

I belive my local demographics would work and we are makeing it a very interactive game that would take a lil longer then adverage games...But all that aside im just wondering if this would work this time of year...i mean zombies are huge i could bring in many items and colec. to sell in the store front as well I had thought of having game store front. i just am very torn this it a basic short time set up hoping I can make some fast cash to get the extrat laser tag equip to get a arena style game set up that would be portable that we could take mall to mall as well over our zombie laser tag shooting gallery... I have tons of ideas just torn on the gamble...

Comment

Well, if you throw something together now, and your clients see that, they'll be hesitant to return, if you are going to be in this location for a while, and can take your time to make it look professional and well done, than you stand a chance. I didn't realize you were in a mall, guess that makes things a bit easier.

Comment

see thats just it I do many great events as well as props & sets for the Mall... i want to give them something great and would use many of my props from my haunted attraction to create a unique exper. im just wporried about the whole zombie thing at Christmas and what not... Im wondering if I should just hold off then move forward with an intire laser tag set up and bring th zombie laser tag in later...

Comment

Uhm.....come December, you can just put Santa hats on the zombies, and fake bloody snow on the ground in areas that aren't traversed??

Problem= Solved.

Comment

Ryan (CincyScreams) would be a great person to talk to about this. He just got done with his season at a laser tag place.
              Zach Wiechmann
              www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

cool I send him a mes. Im looking for any info...

Comment

all the lazer tag locations around here are closed.

seems like it was a FAD and got boring after a while. alot of people lost alot of $$$ investing in this business. not a good scene around here. (philly area) Monster Mini Golf, NOW, that's big here right now...

Comment

laser tag

We did a 2nd attraction this year called APOCALYPSE: zombie shootout where customers all had laser tag guns and went through a town that we had built and got to kill zombies before they took over the town. We will not be doing it again because of the complete headache it was. Charging the guns, renting/buying the equipment, actors falling and getting hurt or hit with guns......it was a nightmare. Plus, the walking dead has people spoiled. Every group said "you need more zombies". They expect a group of 50-100 zombies chasing them at all times. People did enjoy the concept and we had lots of people that were excited for something different, however most of the people want to go to a haunted house or trail during halloween and they are disappointed that it is not "scary" not impressed that it is something different. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                    X