Rest In Peace NightmareTony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest In Peace NightmareTony

For those of you who may not have heard, Tony Gonzalez (posted on the forums and was known by his nickname of NightmareTony) lost his battle with Kidney Cancer last night. He passed away in his sleep at home at 10:41 pm. Service details have yet to be announced but will be at Rose Hills in Whittier, CA. The family has asked that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the American Cancer Society in his name (Antonio, Gonzalez, Jr.) for Kidney Cancer.

Very sad news. Many of us knew of his battle with cancer, but few knew that he had taken a turn for the worse just recently. Nightmare Tony had a great presence in the haunt community and interacted with many of you here over the years. He will be missed by many. Rest in peace Nightmare Tony.

Comment

rip fellow haunter. very sad news

Comment

Condolences to his family and friends...
        http://www.bigscaryshow.com
        http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Verry sad but was glad to have meant him and to of had many inperson conversations with him. he was one of the rare always posative guys you could meet. never heard a bad thing from him about anyone ever. Om Mani Padmi Hum. a blessing to all sentient being in your honer old friend.
          The Care Taker
          John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

This is terrible. Tony was an avid haunter, roller coaster enthusiast, musician, collector, programmer, and above all else - great guy. This is very sad to hear.
            www.Doomsdayproductions.com
            www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

Tony was a good man. Whether you liked him or didn't doesn't matter. What matters is the world lost a man who cared about those he considered friends. He was always there to listen when somebody had a problem, he was passionate about the things he loved and the things he believed, he always tried to do what he thought was right no matter what. He will be forever be missed by those whose lives he touched.

Comment

Tony supported me through my battle with cancer-only to lose his. He was my friend through good times and lean... the differences on politics to the terrors of illness. I do not understand why I made it though the other side of this beast and he did not.

Rest easy good sir-
                Kathryn DeSautell
                Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

Comment

RIP Tony...I don't think I ever got to meet him in person, but talked to him online often back when I spent several years on the IAHA Board of Directors...seemed very eccentric, but very nice...I remember that he was always collecting items for a haunt he planned on getting off the ground, but don't believe he ever did.
                  Dan Faupel
                  www.ThemedAttractionDesign.com
                  www.HauntCostumes.com

Comment

Tony was a good friend, and I regret never having had the chance to meet him in person. He and I planned on carrying on his promise to JB by converting JB's books into PDF's, and updating the info to include accurate parts lists and numbers, as well as adding info and links to other JB-esque types of tech, such as the advent of LED mini-spots, and so on, which JB would undoubtedly have embraced if he were alive today. And, as with Tony's promise to JB, they will be freely available and in the public domain.

If anyone has any information that they would care to pass along, it would be much appreciated. The PDF's will be dedicated to both JB and Tony.

C.

Comment

Tony was a wild man. I spent alot of time with Tony. He was a good man with nothing but good intentions He was driven to start his own haunt someday soon. The haunt industry is less without him.
                      Kevin R. Alvey
                      info at gore-galore.com
                      www.gore-galore.com
                      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

So Long

See you on the other side my haunter friend. Shane and it's R.I.P Tony!
                        sigpic

Comment

Tony had a hart of gold and would give you the shirt of his back.
                          He spent a lot of time here at Coffin Creek and will be missed
                          Last edited by MidnightEvil; 11-06-2012, 09:55 AM.
                          Gary
                          Midnight Evil Productions
                          www.MidnightEvil.com
                          Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
                          www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Sorry to hear this!

I remember him on the forums. But I never got to meet him in person. Ive been on here for years! R.I.P! Tony!
                            Damon Carson
                            www.frightmasters.weebly.com
                            Damon Carson

Comment

Gary, he talked about you and Coffin Creek a lot. I found this on youtube this morning. Hopefully it'll put a smile on someone's face - it was Tony doing what he loved at Coffin Creek https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsZ4e9z2dN8

Comment

Working...
                              X