Attn haunters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn haunters!

So this past October, Chauvet released a great new effect!

Before you get any further, I do not work for them, I'm just a DJ and haunter haha, I think MANY of you could benefit from this!

The Chauvet Geyser is a VERTICAL fog machine, very comparable to the Omnisistem Pyrofog machine, HOWEVER, it also has LED's at the base of the station, and on red, it produces some INCREDIBLE looking flames! I plan on getting one or two for next season, oh, and it's entirely DMX controllable.

P.S- it doesn't officially go on sale until November 16, and if you pre-order, it will ship on that day. I was lucky enough to see one in action from a friend, and it's REALLY impressive. I can't wait to get mine in

P.P.S- I apologize for looking like the jerk on facebook who's profile has been hacked and it keeps tagging you in pictures of sneakers, but I can assure you i will not be tagging any of you in pictures of shoes anytime soon lol.

Comment

That thing is sweet

We have wanted to do a arsonist room but couldnt figure out an affordable way. This may be it.

Thanks

Buck
      Capt.Chaos
      Fear Asylum Haunted House
      Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

I couldnt find a price...you know how much?
        Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Looks very cool..didn't see a price on it either though.

Comment

Nice! Contingent on the price, I did the same effect using the panel mount Air Amplifier from Fright Props this past season. I mounted it in a 5 gallon bucket lid, piped fog into the bucket and had guests walk over a bridge. When a motion sensor was tripped a strobe came on and guests got blasted with a wall of fog and air. Set to 100 psi, the effect was one of my favorites! Since it was indoors the fast dissipating fog was used up front but later I switched to Code 6 long lasting fog and the effect was even cooler!!

O'Shawn McClendon
            Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Does look about the same. Do you happen to have a video of your use frank'n'stein ?

I've always wanted to set a part of my Midway on fire..this could really help do it.

Comment

Very cool O'Shawn!

As for price, it's advertised universally at $399 with free shipping, however you should lookout for sales on DJ sites, you may be able to find it as low as $350 come cyber Monday.

Comment

Any recommended retailers ?

Comment

I am a BIG fan of Zzounds (especially cause of their payment plans!), Planet DJ and idjnow are also good reliable retailers.

Beardedbil, a forums member is VERY awesome! He is a retailer for ADJ products, and Chauvet is one of ADJs main competitors, so it wouldn't surprise me if ADJ comes out with a similar product, if they do and you'd like to support a fellow haunter, PM Bill, the guy is great!

In the meantime, if you need it sooner or want to own one right away, go to Zzounds.com, and if youre on a budget it's 4 months at $100/month, they're the only site that offers payments like that that I know of so definitely support them too!

Comment

Looks like a fogger with a LED RGB light array. Should be able to make one fairly easily.
                      I might try this effect. I ave experimented with light and fog, but have not tried vertically. Should have known, as I prefer
                      portrait mode for video effects! Take any thing that is normal and turn it 90 degrees, always works good to disorient and confuse.

Pete

Comment

That's essentially what it is Pete, but the wireless technology in the wireless remote is pretty cool, and it is VERY reactive, you can do a ton of short bursts or a long lasting blaze. It can't be the easiest thing to do if they mass produce it and still need to charge $400 lol, I think the quality with this product is in how it's made, not necessarily what it accomplishes, even though it's the end effect that is REALLY cool in person! The video does NOT do it justice!

Comment

The poor mans copy might not be as slick, but the same effect could be achieved fairly easily. Especially for a fixed location.
                          I could see it used for a smokestack or column topper for example. Wireless activation is easy enough, but there may be a more powerful pump used to give more powerful bursts?
                          Pete

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Bobby,
                            Just wanted to chime in, if any haunters need any lighting hardware from American DJ, Elation, Blizzard, Dark Lights, Acclaim, Lights Alive, WildFire Fx, American Lighting or X-laser, just let us know. If you are not sure what you need but know the effect you are going for we are happy to spec out equipment for custom projects. We also program and install lighting as well as show control and create custom audio/visual effects.
                            Best,
                            Bill Rod.
                            Dark Tech Effects
                            Bill Rod.
                            Dark Tech Effects
                            Automated DMX Lighting
                            Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

It looks like Blizzard Lighting will be selling a similar light that has LED and fog machine...

Details are as follows: 1500-watt DMX controllable fog machine, 2/9 channels, 4* 3-watt TRI color LEDs, comes with wired LCD remote control.

It is not listed on their website yet, but we can start taking orders.

Price is $299. As soon as a video or more info is released we will post it. Contact us with any interest or to pre-order.
                              Best,
                              Bill Rod.
                              Dark Tech Effects
                              www.darktecheffects.com
                              Bill Rod.
                              Dark Tech Effects
                              Automated DMX Lighting
                              Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Working...
                              X