Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for having us Larry,
    The funny thing is the metal arrived right after we got there to build the frame structure for Slither. So Larry's welder welded it on the spot. Worked great because it allowed us to build the framework to fit the install space. All they had to do was move one piece of decorate foam to get Slither totally operational. THis is going to blow people away. The level of detail in this scene is awesome, and then when they don't expect it Slither comes through a hole in the wall at them. BEAUTIFUL. It was so much fun pulling the cannibal kitchen stuff out of the box and showing it to Larry and his crew. NO ONE has seen any of this stuff before. AND I didn't tell Larry anything about it so it was a true surprise to them. Their eyes were like little kids on christmas morning. It was SOOOO much fun!

The images that Larry posted are mostly pieces from our new for 2013 "Cannibal Kitchen" scene package. These are never before seen pictures of these products, and others.

from the first set of images:
    SLither Actormatronic
    Honkers the brand new Actormatronic first built at Larry's request!
    "leg of pam" a severed leg chopped on a chopping block.
    "fried eggs and sam" is a small frying pan with 2 bloody fried eggs with the face of ham, I mean sam.
    there is another one sitting there you can't quite see, but that is "Stue". It is a stew pot with a nasty severed head in it with all the stew fixins, and comes with the lid for display
    That body is not part of the cannibal kitchen package but it is part of the NEW nasty "Female Cadaver Package". 5 nasty female cadavers hacked up and different disgusting ways. This one is gnarly natalie sliced vertically. The reason for the vertical slicing is to mount her on an actor door. It draws the eye of the patron and as they are looking at it, the actor bursts out of the door for a true adrenalin rush.
    the rat head is the "RaBeast" actormatronic. WHat is funny is how small all these pieces look laying on the floor. I grant you they are NOT small.

"with a little cianti" from one of my all time favorite films Silence of the lambs. It is a large frying pan with sliced brain and fava beans. yummmmm! lol
    "Chuck Roast" is a severed head with an apple in his mouth in a roasting pan, and comes with the lid for display purposes.
    and the next one is the "Gore Grinder". It is a giant sculpted grinder with a half "shredded corpse" shoved into the grinder, and ground to lean perfection. It includes the corpse, the gore grinder, a heavy duty hand built table and a nasty washtub full of gore. LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think the grinder is one of my favorite pieces of the year.

Thanks Again Larry, and I hope everyone loves everything you are doing this year.
    ALL I can say is DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The level of detail is astounding. I am sorry, but the pictures just don't do it justice. It is a true work of art.
    Last edited by Gore Galore; 02-07-2013, 08:08 AM.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

• Call this the Terror Visions update... okay for starters you see the new Terror Visions facade half painted. Its not done but it looks awesome to say the least. We also painted a new hallway and you can sorta see a pic here... we are also installing a puppet from Gore Galore but that hasn't been completed yet. We are basically working in Terror Visions now trying to complete stuff in there. Also we painted a lot more of the floors as you can also see here in this pics.

I strongly suggest you come to the behind the scenes tour... its about 80% sold out now. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

DSC03036.JPGDSC03041.JPGDSC03043.JPGDSC03045.JPGDSC03054.JPG
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• Here are a few more pictures... Once the Terror Visions facade is totally done I will upload photos of it! We will get Terror Visions totally done today!

I also wanted to say that next week we will be dubbing and shipping How to Detail Your Haunted House Part 4 and Ultimate Success DVD's you can order those at www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

We are also making a GORE VIDEO... how to do gore in your haunted house. We start filming that video TONIGHT! That one won't be ready until the show probably.

Monday we are going to start working on building our booth for Transworld. From there we will go fetch our props from Unit 70, we will install those, we will have a different crew do the lighting and the animations. Updates will keep coming in right up until the show itself. I really suggest you grab tickets to this event because like I said I've gone overboard here and I know you'll love the experience. www.TheDarkness.com

Larry
        DSC03035.JPGDSC03037.JPGDSC03039.JPG
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

• O'Shawn McClendon
          Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

• I love all you guys here... that is why I throw up this thread. I know most of you who see these threads don't come to the show but I really love sharing! I hope you all decide to come to the tour because its going to be well worth it! Here are more pics... we installed the new Gore Galore puppet as you can see, plus we continue to work on our new clown logo facade as seen here.

Lastly here is a picture of our new blood paint we are selling... you'll see it in action featured on our new GORE VIDEO which we started making TONIGHT! We worked until about midnight shooting gore stuff how to this and how to that... we are going to finish the gore video I hope Monday night then that will go to the editor.

I will tell you that how to detail your haunted house part 4 and ultimate success will be shipping end of next week. The how to gore video won't be avail until Transworld show. The blood paint is being used right now all over The Darkness.

We have the blood paint in stock as well everything is avail at www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

Get your tickets to the tour at www.thedarkness.com

DSC03055.JPGDSC03057.JPGDSC03059.JPGDSC03061.JPGDSC03062.JPG
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

• And yes MORE updates... I have a promo video part 2 for you! This video was actually filmed like a week ago so its already way behind the times. Since we made this video we have started to bring in dead bodies, gore the place up, we have been working on Terror Visions like crazy and much more. Next week we'll get all the new props from Unit 70 we'll install them and then we're off to the races.

What is left to do is lighting, sound, and hook up all animations and install props. Everyone is feeling better about everything because we are almost done.

ALERT: We got our vac form machine working today and we actually vac formed something. UNREAL to finally see it work.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

• Okay who is ready to see some all new props from Unit 70? These are going in the new Darkness as well. I have about 8 more photos post more later today. Get your tickets now www.thedarkness.com

IMG_1186.JPGIMG_1187.jpgIMG_1197.jpg
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

• Here are more pics of stuff Unit 70 is making for us. More later. We are picking up everything this week. Then we'll be able to install pictures of props installed. You should really come to the behind the scenes tour and its already about 75% sold out. Get them now www.thedarkness.com

IMG_1196.JPGIMG_1203.JPGIMG_1213.JPG
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

• Wow!

I really like those reapers! Gothic I love gothic!
                    Damon
                    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
                    Damon Carson

Comment

• Couple more pics... heading off to The Darkness to work on the Gore Video... the haunted mansion detail video is DONE! We are taking that to the duplication house this week!

Get your tickets to the tour today www.thedarkness.com
                      IMG_1205.jpgIMG_1214.JPG
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

• hey

Larry do I see a costume in one of the pics

Comment

• Here are pics of the new Terror Visions facade again but finished... we also painted the floor in this room. FYI... we are adding lots of things to Terror Visions in fact including that Gore Galore puppet already installed, new que line area already done, we re-painted several floors with new designs (DONE) plus we re-themed one entire section and lastly we added a secret animation... will discuss later.

On a side note... we finally vac formed a panel today that we'll bring to the tradeshow.

Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

Larry
                          DSC03067.JPGDSC03068.JPGDSC03069.JPG
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

• Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                            Couple more pics... heading off to The Darkness to work on the Gore Video... the haunted mansion detail video is DONE! We are taking that to the duplication house this week!

Get your tickets to the tour today www.thedarkness.com
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]15205[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15206[/ATTACH]
                            Wow, you had a Pyramid head prop made. That's cool. Silent Hill 2 had some neat imagery even if the story and acting lacked.
                            Jared Layman

Comment

• Pyramid head

Dam Larry, I wish I knew you were looking for silent hill stuff. I worked one the first one out here in CA.
                              I still have the molds. pyramid head.jpgNurse.jpgJanitor.jpg
                              The Nurses are also masks. The pyramid head is ridged foam and can be worn. The Janitor was a custom sculpt.
                              Let me know if you need more stuff.

Larry Carr
                              abracadaverprops@yahoo.com

Comment

• Things keep rolling around here... today we worked on the GORE video we are making. We are doing all sorts of food on the gore video along with all sorts of cool stuff like taking old props making them new again. We are making these videos in stages as we complete the haunt itself... we are down to gore now or props or lighting cob webs whatever... so that is where we are. So here some pics of some really nasty gory stuff... what do you think.

FYI... the private tour event has about 40 tickets left. So make sure you get one today if you want to attend that event ... tickets can be found at www.thedarkness.com

I will release some photos of our CGI ANIMATIONS FX soon!
                                DSC03077.JPGDSC03084.JPGDSC03085.JPGDSC03087.JPGDSC03093.JPG
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X