No announcement yet.

Darkness/Lemp/Escape Room Tour 2010 - 2021 Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big day today... we are getting everything in today from Ghost Ride and Unit 70. Will have tons of photos for you all. Also we are finishing our how to gore video... see the pics I've uploaded. We took old busted up worthless and I mean totally worthless props and made them look better than new. The how to gore video will be done filming today and tomorrow we'll be installing props ALL DAY LONG!

The Ultimate Success DVD and the How to Detail Haunt Video will be ready to ship Monday!!! So if you want them go to www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

Get tickets to the tour now at www.thedarkness.com

DSC03074.JPGDSC03076.JPGDSC03078.JPGDSC03080.JPGDSC03083.JPG
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

• A Big Haunter saving money!

I like that! I have to do that day in day out just to do a haunt. LOL! John is the gore master! He does some awesome stuff! Definately worth seeing. I might have to get his new video now! These pics are great!
      Damon
      www.frightmasters.weebly.com
      Damon Carson

Comment

• Hey Folks ... got all of our Unit 70 and Ghost Ride stuff all in the same day. I'm going to keep the update SHORT... I'm worn out its 5am. I was hauling stuff up stairs for 8 straight hours. Will get down to the haunt today and really work on getting the props in place and getting some cool pictures. In the meantime here is something for you to look at. Remember the behind the scenes tour tickets are about 75% sold out... this is the best way to see the Darkness. The detail is just so wild at this point I can't even tell you ... get tickets today www.thedarkness.com

PS: We finished our GORE VIDEO shooting today. That video is NOW being edited. The other two new DVD's are done and heading to duplication will ship next week! www.hauntedhousesupplies.com
        DSC03109.JPGDSC03119.JPGDSC03123.JPGDSC03124.JPGDSC03133.JPG
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

• Here some more pics... get your tickets now while you still can! LOL www.thedarkness.com

DSC03116.JPGDSC03128.JPGDSC03130.JPGDSC03135.JPGDSC03140.JPG
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

• I'm here to tell you right now... this new animation from Unit 70 "DemonZilla" is awesome. We had to take it apart to get it in the haunt itself and it took an entire day to install it but its well worth it. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

Larry
            DSC03141.JPGDSC03142.JPGDSC03144.JPG
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

• Spent the day at Darkness... what did I do today. For starters we are going to build a haunt for a client in Russia and spent the whole day with them. Then I stayed at Darkness for another 8 hours directed on our booth, and made another list for Darkness. I took some more pics for you... we are adding more stuff and working on lighting. Now we are concerned with sound.

You think you've knocked everything out and then boom you get another 100 page list... its never done!

Today we are suppose to have our actors meeting and that got cancelled because of snow!

Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com
              DSC03161.JPGDSC03173.JPGDSC03175.JPGDSC03177.JPGDSC03179.JPG

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

• Here are a few more pics I took today. Larry www.thedarkness.com

DSC03160.JPGDSC03163.JPGDSC03165.JPGDSC03174.JPG
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

• Another update... talked to the people from Making Monsters. They will be filming at Darkness on the 5th for the install then again on Saturday night during the tour. They will be filming the entire event for the show. They will be interviewing people about the tour, about Distortions, about their new product line, etc.

Jared I'm not sure I understand your question. What is it exactly.

See you there... www.thedarkness.com

Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

• Ok, sorry I should have asked that differently, maybe you didn't see my question to you on the other thread. I was wondering how many of your regular season actors come back to help you with the Transworld event VS how many actors you have to recruit? Is it a lot of your regulars? If not, why do you think they don't come out in the off season to help? I'm curious because I have regular actors each season but I can't ever get them to come up in the off season.
                    Jared Layman

Comment

• Jared,

I know your question is for Larry but I think that many actors aren't really that passionate about scaring but they are there for a job and a paycheck. Only the die hards who really enjoy it would be interested in scaring in the off season.

IMO

DA
                      Last edited by Darkangel; 02-21-2013, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Probably, I would have found being in there in the off season helping much more interesting than scaring people during the season. But I don't like to act and I wouldn't want to do it at a haunt even if I were getting paid. People find different things fun though I guess.
                        Jared Layman

Comment

• I guess I lied about not uploading any more photos... so here are more! The place is starting to look really cool! We might not install all of our new animations because we are just running out of time. The animated mosquito probably isn't going to make it, the giant rat from gore galore, this evil zombie animation from unit 70... just ran out of time. We have everyone back on the darkness today... lighting is almost done hopefully will be done today. We are working on animations and cob webs today. I don't know if we'll have the time to cob web up the whole place... just running out of time. We could use probably another two weeks to get ready. Our actor meeting we had planned got cancelled because of snow... so now we are in real trouble there. Hoping to get everyone together next week. Stay tuned. www.thedarkness.com for tickets.
                          DSC03184.JPGDSC03185.JPGDSC03187.JPGDSC03192.JPGDSC03193.JPG

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

• Looking good Larry...

Seeing these pics were posted around 5:20 am (if the "Posted 3 hrs ago" is correct) you are probably darn close to being a zombie yourself and mind overwhelmed with over 300 tasks to finish in the next few days. Therefore since I am here liesurely sipping coffee I will toss in a few comments from other side of the fence. I am not going to The Darkness this year; I did last year. I am sure everyone who has been there knows you can blow people away with your eye to detail and scene setting. Pardon the pun but I will shoot in the darkness here:

I am guessing 90%+ that will be there have seen The Darkness cobwebbed and done up with lighting effects to the tune of magnificent! If you haven't people...pick up one (or a dozen)of Larry's DVD's at the show or order now BEFORE the show. The scene setting they do kicks butt. What I am saying is everyone knows you ROCK on scene setting and IT IS YOUR PASSION! If you saw the Super Bowl ad by Dodge trucks with Paul Harvey reading in the background "So God made a farmer..." you might have caught the line about a farmers work schedule. Something like "...during planting season finishes his 40 hour week by tuesday noon..." Well I've been there - done that, as a farmer during planting season & fall harvest/haunt season. A zombie on cruise control on a tractor just getting it done. Afraid you might be same thing right now. Zombie checking off a list all he can before being swamped with people.

Shooting in the dark more...guessing when you go on cruise control you gravitate to what makes you tick...putting on the best damn scenery you possibly can. But I am willing to bet those coming would really like to see that mosquito in operation and Unit 70 is not at show so their prop would be of importance to those attending as well as Gore Galore stuff. Cob web away in part of it...and get lighting at that 110% of perfect in some areas. But IF...IF... time permits...cater to the customer...step away from the cob web gun and put a few more animations in EVEN if they are just operating in a front room functioning and not totally incorporated into a scene. WE KNOW THE DARKNESS KICKS ASS ON SCENERY.

And I'm not even going to make it Sat. night...

Wicked Farmer

Comment

• Couple more photos. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

DSC03187.JPGDSC03189.JPGDSC03192.JPG
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

• If anyone has actors that you are bringing to the show have them contact us ... we are looking to hire some industry actors. We would like to add as many industry actors as we can... you can reach me at darkrides@sbcglobal.net

We have spent a long time working on the haunt itself so we'd like to stay with veteran type actors as much as possible... we have very little time for training or anything like that. So if you have some people let me know.

We are still working on the haunt itself all week long... still not done! Getting closer.

Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

Larry
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X