Christmas themed haunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas themed haunt

Hello. Is anyone planning an evil Christmas haunt before Christmas? Just curious how well they have done.

Thanks!

Not doing a christmas "Haunt" but I do , do a pretty cool Christmas themed walkthrough of sorts
    http://limbohaunt.com
    Twitter: @LimboHaunt

Comment

I was just talking to Kevin McCurdy and he is doing a Dickens theme village. It sounded very cool but I don't know if he is doing it as a haunt or just a Christmas them. What surprised me is he was planning how it would transform in to a haunt for next season. Christmas paying for the construction of next years haunt, not a bad idea. Wish I was that smart.

Phatman
      Phatman

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Calhoun View Post
        . . . but I do a pretty cool Christmas themed walk-through of sorts
        I would love to see pics! Details! Details!

C.

Comment

Over many yrs. ,having read....

Many posts concerning a Christmas "Haunt", it sure seems as if it never really works...whether it's mixing those holidays, upsetting people, or because it is a whole bunch of MORE work with questionable return$ because the person willing to pay big bucks for a haunt gets replaced by Grandma who will only pay pocket change to have the little kids see Christmas lights, ex cetra?
          I am sure, somewhere in some universe, alternate reality somebody is happy with such a show and maybe even makes measurable money from their efforts.. but it doesn't seem like it.
          If your haunt is in a busy college town, keep it nothing but Scary for December and cater to those kids and I think you will be ahead of trying anything pandering to the Christmas season.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
            Many posts concerning a Christmas "Haunt", it sure seems as if it never really works . . . .
            If you want to legitimately gauge how well that theme idea of an "Evil Christmas" would likely go over, take all of your nieces and nephews and so on, all whom are still of believing age and still believe, and sit them down for a "Silent Night, Deadly Night" movie marathon, and gauge their reactions.

After pretty much having a group of traumatized kids, and being banished, exiled, and generally shunned from your entire family ("NO MORE EGG NOG FOR YOU! YOU ARE NOW ON THE NAUGHTY LIST FOREVER!!"), you would pretty much have your answer. What's that you say? "I wasn't planning on a slasher Christmas haunt"? "Mine was really going to be cool with evil, Black Magick elves and other Dark Fae, and a Mephistophelean Santa Claus, with Devil Imps torturing kids on the naughty list in a dungeon of horrors known as the Dungeon of Discipline for Santa's Naughty List, and so on"? Well, perhaps so, but as Robin Williams observed on Mickey Mouse at Disney World, "To you, it's Mickey; oh, how cute! To a 2 year old toddler, it's a big f**king rat!" The same idea applies here.

Now, if you wanted to do something haunt-like, you could have your usual Santaland type set-up, with a lighted tree tour thru your haunted hayride area, or lighted trail, or Santa's village, and then have a special "Christmas" museum showing Christmas Traditions from other countries around the world and thru out the ages. There, you could feature Krampus, the Christmas Demon, for instance. (Yes, that's for real.) In fact, Allen has an excellent tutorial on how to make an excellent Krampus costume. That also serves as an excellent tutorial on how to make a werewolf costume as well. Throw in some digigrade stilts and a more wolfie mask and you're gold.

Either way, that whole museum approach would be cool, and keep from alarming people, especially with having the other more traditional elements. Incidentally, if you were to include to Krampus, I would keep him more Dionysian and less Demonic. Iow, keep Krampus the "Party Animal" that he is, and less a threatening presence. He could also hand out lumps of coal . . . of the chocolate variety, instead of the actual pieces of coals that he did hand out.

Chris (Cringle)

Comment

I think Penicillin gets rid of the Cringles?
              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
                I think Penicillin gets rid of the Cringles?
                It gets rid of a lot of things . . .

C.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Hello. Is anyone planning an evil Christmas haunt before Christmas? Just curious how well they have done.

Thanks!
                  We have done a Christmas Haunt for the last 2 years. This December will be our 3rd. Our event has grown each year and we have had a lot of positive feedback. If anything, it brings awareness to our attraction. We have had several customers come out during the Halloween season and tell us that they found out about us in December.
                  Richard Alvarado
                  Moxley Manor Haunted House

www.moxleymanor.com
                  www.nightscarebeforechristmas.com
                  Stalk Us on Facebook
                  Stalk Us on Twitter
                  Stalk Us on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Moxley Manor View Post
                    We have done a Christmas Haunt for the last 2 years. This December will be our 3rd. Our event has grown each year and we have had a lot of positive feedback. If anything, it brings awareness to our attraction. We have had several customers come out during the Halloween season and tell us that they found out about us in December.
                    How specifically did you treat the subject matter? What was your approach? I would love to do something like this, but as I pointed out, this is not the kind of thing where you want families bringing different ages of kids, and they end up experiencing what amounts to something like "Silent Night, Deadly Night".

Also, how much did you charge for tickets, and how many nights in the month were you open? Pics? (Oh, wait, I see, links in your siggy.)

Cringle C

Comment

You Know what? After October...

When your hired helpers might be having tired feet from snealing around in the dark, they might be up for doing some "walking" on their knees pretending to be elves!
                      Anything CAN "work" if you figure out how to do it, advertise it, sell it.
                      We often change up the tour here as we try to match the customer's expectations, desires, needs, according to what they tell us and what we see looking at us as they buy their tickets.
                      Of course all bets are off when someone lies to themselves and others in their group as far as what they Really want and then they become scared over some tiny shadow... and it's theirs!
                      If your customer head-count goes down, then it might be time to try harder to please them more?
                      Determine their sensibilities , act accordingly, see them come back brining others.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X